Two Weeks of Country and Culture
- Price from:
- 1460 USD /person
- +44 20 3239 1577
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, French, English
Last updated: 08/27/2009
Take our gateway offer and spend 14 thrilling days in Ghana just to enjoy pure nature and have a lot of adventure.
Welcome to Accra, capital of Ghana. Transfer to the African Royal Beach Hotel (3***).
After breakfast we will set off to discover Ghana's capital Accra, a busy
city with its own distinctive style. Among our stations: DuBois House,
National Museum, Kwame Nkrumah Memorial, plus a brief visit to Makola
market, Accra's commerical heart. Our relaxation program for the afternoon
begins at the pool or you may visit Labadi Beach.
We will leave Accra and drive to the scenic Botanical Gardens of Aburi.
After an extended tour and lunch, we will take a ride on the Akwapim Ridge,
on the footsteps of the co-founder of the Ashanti Kingdom - Okomfo Anokye.
Return to African Royal Beach Hotel.
Our trip today is to Akosombo for a visit to the imposing dam site. On the way
back, we will visit the Shai National Park to explore ancient caves and take
in the rugged landscape. In the evening return to Accra, African Royal Beach Hotel.
Sensational Canopy Walk. Early tour to visit two famous UNESCO Heritage
Sites: the Slave Castel of Elmina and Cape Coast. We will then continue our
excursion to Kakum National Park for our first encounter with the tropical
jungle. Following a sensational walk from tree to tree we will end the day with
a sun downer at Coconut Grove Hotel (3***)
It is time to relax. After breakfast, we will take the opportunity to enjoy the
warm Atlantic on the palm-fringed beach at Brenu-Akyinim, close by
Elmina. In the late afternoon, we will continue our tour to Takoradi, Ghana's
third largest city, and from there to the romatic Busua Beach Resort (3***).
We will relax in Busua, visit Fort Metal Cross in neighbouring Dixcove on foot
and drive to Prince's Town to see Prussia's first and only slave castle in the
world. In the evening return to Busua.
Village on Stilts.
Our whole day tour today will take us to Beyin and from there by canoe to
Nzulezo to experience life in a village on stilts. If time allows us, we will
visit the neighbouring Ankasa National Park to savour verdant nature in one of
the yet untouched forests in Ghana. Here, the journey itself is the
destination. In the evening return to Busua Beach Resort
Departure from Busua to Obuasi, the city with one of the worlds richest
goldmines. Lunch and rooms at Coconut Grove Lodge (3***)
Underground by car. Early morning underground tour of the Obuasi mines.
Believe it or not, we will enter the mine by car and drive 800 meters into
the mine! After lunch, we will travel to Kumasi, the Ashanti capital. Lodging
at the Rexmar Hotel (3***).
In the Garden City. Sightseeing in downtown Kumasi: visits to the Manhyia
Palace, Cultural Centre, Central Market. In the afternoon we will drive to
Abonu to picknick on the holy Lake Bosumtwi. Barbeque on the banks of the
lake. In the evening return to Rexmar Hotel in Kumasi.
Cocoa, the golden pod. We will set of in the afternoon for the haul to Tafo
to visit the Cocoa Research Institute. After seeing the plantation and the
Research Station, we will drive through the hilly landscape to Accra.
Overnight in African Royal Beach Hotel.
Time to relax. The day will be for relaxtion at the pool or you can go to the
lively Labadi Beach.
The countdown begins. Today is our last full day in Accra. We will laze
through Accra to buy souvenirs at the Arts Centre. In the evening transfer
to the airport for check in.
- Inclusions -
- 7 night in the African Royal Beach Hotel (3***+) B&B , 1 night Coconut Grove (3***) B&B, 3 nights Busua Beach (3***) B&B, 1 night Coconut Grove Lodge (3***)B&B, 2 nights Rexmar Hotel (3***) B&B.
- Exclusions -
- travel Insurance
- Extras -
- This Tour is available for two or more pepeole.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Accra
- Accra city Tours - from 42 USD
- His Majesty Travel and Tours - 15 days from 2300 USD
- The Big Round Trip A New Dimension - 22 days from 4250 USD
- One Week Beaches and Hill Country - 8 days from 894 USD
- 8 Days on the Coastline - 8 days from 955 USD
- Scents of Eburnia - 4 days from 1775 USD
- Cultural Greater Accra 15 Day Tour - 15 days from 2430 USD
- 14 Day Slave Route Tour - 14 days from 2928 USD
- Excursion Ecological in Ghana - 7 days from 1580 USD
- Greater Accra Central Ashanti Eastern Volta Regional Tour - 12 days from 2360 USD
- Panafest in Ghana - 7 days from 740 USD
- Accra Area Private Tours - 7 days from 2800 USD
- Cultural Tour - 10 days from 850 USD
- Tour Ghana - 7 days from 150 USD
- Afrikantreasures Vacation - 23 days from 4000 USD
- Language & Cultural Exchanges - 14 days from 950 USD
- Cultural Akwaaba - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Primitive Ventures - 14 days from 1150 USD
Email the tour operator - Two Weeks of Country and Culture
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.