The Big Round Trip A New Dimension
- Price from:
- 4250 USD /person
- +44 20 3239 1577
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/27/2009
Our 22 days tour offers an overview of highlights culture sites in Ghana; we will set off to discover Ghanas capital Accra, a busy city with its own distinctive style. Among our stations: DuBois H
Welcome in Ghana.
Welcome to Accra, capital of Ghana. Transfer to the African Royal Beach Hotel (3***+)
Accra, a African metropolis.
After breakfast we will set off to discover Ghana's capital Accra, a busy
city with its own distinctive style. Among our stations: DuBois House,
National Museum, Kwame Nkrumah Memorial, plus a brief visit to Makola
market, Accra's commerical heart. Our relaxation program for the afternoon
begins at the pool or you may visit Labadi Beach. In the evening, Accra nightlife for everybody who isn't tiered yet ! You will spent the night at African Royal Beach Hotel.
A journey to the Akwapim-Mountain.
Before the sun is getting to hot, we depart from Accra and drive to the picturesque Botanical Gardens of Aburi. After a extensive conducted tour through the garden we go for lunch. After the lunch we drive on the mountain- ridges of the Akwapim mountain, in the footsteps of Okomfo-Anokye, a founder of the Ashanti Kingdom. In the evening we return to African Royal Beach Hotel.
Today we travel to Akasombo, to one of Africa's greatest hydroelectric projects. We will take a guided walk over the dam and visit the hydro-electric installations. On our way back we visit Shai Hill National Park where we will trek through the thrilling landscapes to see the prehistoric caves. In the evening we return at African Royal Beach Hotel.
The Sensational Canopy Walk.
Today we will go west, beginning with an early departure to Kakum National Park to do the sensational Canopy Walk from tree to tree, a unique experience, the only one of its kind in Africa. After that we drive to Cape Coast to visit the first European castles of Elmina and Cape Coast. We end the day with a sun downer on the beach of Coconut Grove Hotel (3***).
A beach day.
It's time to relax ! After breakfast we will enjoy the warm Atlantic ocean on the fantastic palm-lined beach of Brenu-Akyinim, close to Elmina. In the late afternoon we will continue our tour to Takoradi, the third largest city of Ghana. From there we go to the romantic Golden Beach Resort in Busua (3***).
The party continues.
Today we relax in Busua, visit the Fort Metal Cross by food in the nearby situated Dixcove en we will drive to Prince's Town where we will visit the only Prussian slave Castle in the world. In the evening we return back to Busua.
A village on steels.
The trip for today will bring us to Beyin and from there we will take a canoe to Nzulezo to see the live from a village on steels. If time allows us, we visit the nearby National Park of Ankasa. We will enjoy the green nature in one of Ghana's untouched forests. We will spent the night at Golden Beach Resort in Busua.
On the road.
We depart from Busua and drive to Obuasi, the city with the richest independent gold mine of the world. We will lunch and overnight at Coconut Grove Lodge (3***).
Under the ground with the car.
Early in the morning we will make a trip under the ground in the mines of Obuasi. Believe it or not, but we go inside and drive with the car 800 meter inside ! After the lunch we travel to Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti. We stay in Rexmar Hotel (3***) for overnight.
In the city's garden.
Sight-seeing in the centre of Kumasi: you will visit the Manhyia Palace, the Cultural centre and the central market. In the afternoon we have free time to spent for ourselves. In the evening we stay we for overnight at Rexmar Hotel in Kumasi.
Villages on the holey lake.
Today we discover the suburban's and tour through the industrious villages Ahwaa and Bonwire. After that we have a nice picnic on the holy lake of the Ashanti, Bosumtwi. We barbeque on the shore of the lake. In the evening we return to Rexmar Hotel for overnight.
After breakfast we depart to Techiman, known as the capital of agrarian products in central Ghana. Our hotel for today is Premier Palace-Hotel (2**).
busy market day.
For the change we will bring a visit to the busy commercialised centre of Techiman on a typical market day. You will experience the hunting of a African trading-day. To crown the day we will bring a visit to the holy forest of Tanoboase to experience the traditional African spirituality. After that we return to Premier Palace-Hotel.
: The reserve of Boabeng-Fiema.
The whole day is for walking through the interesting monkey sanctuary, where we will look for rare, holy monkey's who live in a perfect symbiosis with the inhabitants of Boabeng and Fiema. The Mona : and Colebus : monkey's are not tame, but live in harmony with the villagers. We stay for overnight in Premier Palace-Hotel.
: In the nature.
We start with our journey going back to the South, on the way we visit the Kwahu-mountain. It's time to get active ! After a stop in Awo Gyan Hotel (2**) in Obomeng, we will put on our walking-shoes for a walk through the highland of Mpraeso to Obo.
Tafo : the Cacao city.
Early morning departure to Tafo, here we will bring a visit to the Cacao Research Institute. After that we continue our tour to Ada-Foah. We drive to the coast, passing Accra and head towards Ada-Foah, a busy visited place on the Volta-Delta. Our destination is the Manet Paradise Beach Resort (2**).
Relaxing on the Volta.
A complete day of relaxing. You will enjoy the Volta and the sea at Manet Paradise Beach Resort. We go fishing, we can help the fisherman to empty their nets and we canoe calm through the Volta-Delta. A lazy day on the Manet Paradise Beach Resort.
Still on the Volta.
We will continue relaxing on the banks of the Volta, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere at Ada-Foah.
Back to Accra.
After breakfast, we will drive to Accra to reflect over our discoveries in Paradise. We will stay in the African Royal Beach Hotel. You can freely move around or go to town
The countdown begins.
Our last full day in Accra is reserved for buying souvenirs at the Art Centre and visiting the famous coffin-makers at Teshie-Nungua. You could round off your Ghana tour with a nice buffet at African Royal Beach Hotel before proceeding to the airport for departure formalities. Departure in the night.
Arrival back at your home destination.
- Inclusions -
- transfer and transport as mentioned
- Exclusions -
- travel insurance
- Extras -
- This tour is available for two or more pepeole.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Accra
- Accra city Tours - from 42 USD
- His Majesty Travel and Tours - 15 days from 2300 USD
- One Week Beaches and Hill Country - 8 days from 894 USD
- Two Weeks of Country and Culture - 14 days from 1460 USD
- 8 Days on the Coastline - 8 days from 955 USD
- Scents of Eburnia - 4 days from 1775 USD
- Cultural Greater Accra 15 Day Tour - 15 days from 2430 USD
- 14 Day Slave Route Tour - 14 days from 2928 USD
- Excursion Ecological in Ghana - 7 days from 1580 USD
- Greater Accra Central Ashanti Eastern Volta Regional Tour - 12 days from 2360 USD
- Panafest in Ghana - 7 days from 740 USD
- Accra Area Private Tours - 7 days from 2800 USD
- Cultural Tour - 10 days from 850 USD
- Tour Ghana - 7 days from 150 USD
- Afrikantreasures Vacation - 23 days from 4000 USD
- Language & Cultural Exchanges - 14 days from 950 USD
- Cultural Akwaaba - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Primitive Ventures - 14 days from 1150 USD
Email the tour operator - The Big Round Trip A New Dimension
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.