Scents of Eburnia
- Price from:
- 1775 USD /person
- +44 20 3239 1577
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- English, German, French
Last updated: 08/27/2009
This tour starts by Bassam discovery, the first capital of Cote d'Ivoire. Grand Bassam remains an important seaside resort. Then drive to Yamoussoukro, the official capital of the country. Yamoussoukro
ACCRA - ABIDJAN
Arrival at the International Abidjan Airport from Accra at 14:00pm. Reception and departure to Grand Bassam, the first capital of Cote d'Ivoire. Grand Bassam remains an important seaside resort. The first trading houses were built here. You will have the opportunity to visit the old quarter with the Museum of Costumes, the Wickerwork Center, the Ceramics Center, the Craft Center and the Souvenir Market. Check into your hotel and relax. Hotel in Abidjan. Dinner.
Morning departure for a drive northwards to Yamoussoukro, the official capital of the country. Yamoussoukro owes its good fortune as the birth place of Cote d'Ivoire's first president. Visit the Palace of the former president and see the sacred crocodiles in the palace moat. The dazzling centerpiece of it all is the Basilique de Notre Dame de la Paix (The Basilica "Our Lady of Peace) which is the biggest church in the world, after the Vatican, and is almost an exact replica of St Peter's in Rome. The 36 immense stained glass windows, all hand blown in France are an unforgettable sight. Departure in the afternoon for Kondeyaokro village for Goly dance mask. Hotel in Yamoussoukro Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Today visit the Peace Research Foundation, Sacred Crocodiles, city sight seeing tour including the Mosque, High Schools Hotel in Yamoussoukro. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
ABIDJAN - ACCRA
Depart Yamoussoukro for a drive to Abidjan. Arrive in Abidjan for lunch and spend the remainder of the day at leisure and for any shopping spree! Estimated drive time (Yamoussoukro - Abidjan): 3 hrs Hotel in Abidjan Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Inclusions -
- Hotel four Star accommodation in double bed
- Exclusions -
- All services not mentioned in the circuit
- Extras -
- This tour is available for two or more pepeole.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Accra
- Accra city Tours - from 42 USD
- His Majesty Travel and Tours - 15 days from 2300 USD
- The Big Round Trip A New Dimension - 22 days from 4250 USD
- One Week Beaches and Hill Country - 8 days from 894 USD
- Two Weeks of Country and Culture - 14 days from 1460 USD
- 8 Days on the Coastline - 8 days from 955 USD
- Cultural Greater Accra 15 Day Tour - 15 days from 2430 USD
- 14 Day Slave Route Tour - 14 days from 2928 USD
- Excursion Ecological in Ghana - 7 days from 1580 USD
- Greater Accra Central Ashanti Eastern Volta Regional Tour - 12 days from 2360 USD
- Panafest in Ghana - 7 days from 740 USD
- Accra Area Private Tours - 7 days from 2800 USD
- Cultural Tour - 10 days from 850 USD
- Tour Ghana - 7 days from 150 USD
- Afrikantreasures Vacation - 23 days from 4000 USD
- Language & Cultural Exchanges - 14 days from 950 USD
- Cultural Akwaaba - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Primitive Ventures - 14 days from 1150 USD
Email the tour operator - Scents of Eburnia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.