Excursion Ecological in Ghana
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 1580 USD /person
- +44 20 3239 1577
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, French, English
Last updated: 08/06/2009
Arrive at Kotoka International Airport, transfer and check in to hotel. Visit Independence Square (also known as Black Star Square), Independence Arch, and the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial (the mausoleum of
Arrive at Kotoka International Airport, transfer and check in to hotel. Visit Independence Square (also known as Black Star Square), Independence Arch, and the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial (the mausoleum of Ghana's first President). Overnight at Novotel Accra City Centre Hotel Or Similar. Includes: (B).
* Note: Afternoon arrivals will visit these sites on Day 7.
Accra / Kakum National Park
Early morning (7.30am), depart for Kakum National Park. Kakum Park is one of Ghana's most famous parks. Kakum is also home to Africa's only aerial walkway through the tree canopy, a 1000 foot long and seven-bridge walkway with viewing platforms that reach heights of over 150 feet above ground. Take a walking tour on the forest floor. See hundreds of species of birds, as many or more terrifies, and perhaps catch a glimpse of the forests over 40 species of mammals including monkeys and forest elephants. Proceed to the canopy walk, Overnight at Hans Cottage Hotel or Similar. Includes: (B).
Kakum / Owabi Wildlife Sanctuary / Kumasi
Depart Kakum for Owabi Wildlife Sanctuary, just north of Kumasi. Visit Owabi Wildlife Sanctuary, home to many types of butterflies, over 140 species of birds, monkeys, and the more reclusive bushpig, bushbuck, and antelope, Overnight in Kumasi. Overnight at Sir Max Hotel Or Similar.
Kumasi/ Kintampo Falls / Boabeng Fiema / Kumasi
Depart Kumasi for Kintampo Falls, a spectacular 80 foot waterfall with a small swimming area at the base. Continue to the village of Boabeng Fiema where Sacred Monkeys live in harmony with the community. You will likely interact with the monkeys. Return to Kumasi for overnight. Overnight at Sir Max Hotel Or Similar. Includes: (B).
Kumasi / Bobiri / Mampong / Aburi
Visit Bobiri Forest Reserve, featuring over 400 types of butterflies, forest birds, and mona, white-nosed, green and black-and-white colobus monkeys.Continue to the Mampong Centre for Scientific Research into Plant Medicine. The center conducts research in the use of plant medicine in the cure of various ailments. Lunch at Aburi Botanical Gardens. The Garden overlooks the coastal plain at an elevation of (1,200 : 1,500 feet) above sea level. Overnight at Little Acre Hotel Or Similar. Includes: (B).
Aburi / Shai Hills / Tafi Atome / Wli Falls / Accra
Depart Aburi for Shai Hills Forest Reserve. The most common animal in the area is the olive baboon. Green monkeys and spot nosed monkeys may also be seen. More than 170 species of birds are recorded, including the grey hornbill and Senegal parrot. Continue to Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary, home to sacred monkeys that are most active in the early morning and late afternoon. Complete your journey today with a trip to Wli (Agumatsa) Falls. Return to Accra. Overnight at Novotel Accra City Centre Hotel Or Similar. Includes: (B).
Visit Independence Square (also known as Black Star Square), Independence Arch, and the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial (the mausoleum of Ghana's first President). Afternoon at leisure. Depart to airport for onward flight. Includes: (B).
* Note: Morning departures will have already visited these sites on Day 1.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in the properties indicated
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- This Tour is available for two people or more.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Accra
- Accra city Tours - from 42 USD
- His Majesty Travel and Tours - 15 days from 2300 USD
- The Big Round Trip A New Dimension - 22 days from 4250 USD
- One Week Beaches and Hill Country - 8 days from 894 USD
- Two Weeks of Country and Culture - 14 days from 1460 USD
- 8 Days on the Coastline - 8 days from 955 USD
- Scents of Eburnia - 4 days from 1775 USD
- Cultural Greater Accra 15 Day Tour - 15 days from 2430 USD
- 14 Day Slave Route Tour - 14 days from 2928 USD
- Greater Accra Central Ashanti Eastern Volta Regional Tour - 12 days from 2360 USD
- Panafest in Ghana - 7 days from 740 USD
- Accra Area Private Tours - 7 days from 2800 USD
- Cultural Tour - 10 days from 850 USD
- Tour Ghana - 7 days from 150 USD
- Afrikantreasures Vacation - 23 days from 4000 USD
- Language & Cultural Exchanges - 14 days from 950 USD
- Cultural Akwaaba - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Primitive Ventures - 14 days from 1150 USD
Email the tour operator - Excursion Ecological in Ghana
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.