- Price from:
- 1400 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- Location Start:
- Miklin Accra
- Location Finish:
- New Coco Beach
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/04/2007
Cultural Akwaaba(welcome)offers the best opportunity for our clients to experience life in Africa i.e. our tradition and cultures, weaving, farming, cooking, tapping of wine, chieftaincy, folklore etc
Arrival of guest. Meet at hotel.
Accra city tour i.e. proverbial coffins, national museum, forts, first preident memorium, arts market, drive through old section of city.
Welcome dinner with live local oerfromance.
Drive to Cape Coast for a tour of the Cape Coast and Elmina Castles.
Hiking through the Kakum Forest. Canopy walk, optional.Entertainment by the local people in the evening.
Drive to Kumasi with a stopover at the 'Slave River' where the slave brought fromthe north of the country had thier last bath before taking to the castle.
Sight seeing of the second largets city in Ghana Kumasi i.e. the open market, Kejetia, Manhyia Palace, cultural center. later in the afternoon drive to the village of Adanwomasi to be entertain by the chief and people of the village to traditional music, demonstration of the hand woven fabric, Kente, taste thier local dish, taste palm wine etc.
drive to Bolagatanga with a stopover at the Kintampo waterfalls for lunch picnic.
Tour of the cultural villages to Sirigu(pottery/wall decorating houses}. Paga to see the crocodiles. After lunch to Tongo/Tengzug to experience african tradtional religion and to visit the caves.
Drive to the Mole National Park. Optional visit to the Laranbamga Mosque.
Wildlife encounters. Morning and afternoom guided wlaking safari to see the elephants, antelopes, monkeys, birds etc
Travel downsouth again with a night stop at Kumasi.
Drive to the southeast of the country to Ada Foah where the biggest manmade Lake, Akosombo empties into the sea.
Enjoy the beautiful landscape today and a visit to a cocoa plantation.
Boatride on the Volta Lake to the estuary and some of the Islands on the Lake.
free afternoon to relax at the hotel, optional watersports, walk to fishing village.
Drive to Accra later in the afternoon.
Free day for guest to enjoy beach, do last minut shopping or revisit interesting places in the city.
- Inclusions -
- Rates does not include ticket, insurance, drinks and tips.
- Extras -
- We do advice our clients to buy thier travel insurance before they embark on journey.
We also require guest to finish with any medical problems which we shall hold in confidence.
For more information on health issues, food, clothing, accommodation we advice clients to check our website for this and get to us with any questions.
The itinerary can also be tailor made to suit interset groups i.e. churchs, student, family or as a couple.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Accra
- Accra city Tours - from 42 USD
- His Majesty Travel and Tours - 15 days from 2300 USD
- The Big Round Trip A New Dimension - 22 days from 4250 USD
- One Week Beaches and Hill Country - 8 days from 894 USD
- Two Weeks of Country and Culture - 14 days from 1460 USD
- 8 Days on the Coastline - 8 days from 955 USD
- Scents of Eburnia - 4 days from 1775 USD
- Cultural Greater Accra 15 Day Tour - 15 days from 2430 USD
- 14 Day Slave Route Tour - 14 days from 2928 USD
- Excursion Ecological in Ghana - 7 days from 1580 USD
- Greater Accra Central Ashanti Eastern Volta Regional Tour - 12 days from 2360 USD
- Panafest in Ghana - 7 days from 740 USD
- Accra Area Private Tours - 7 days from 2800 USD
- Cultural Tour - 10 days from 850 USD
- Tour Ghana - 7 days from 150 USD
- Afrikantreasures Vacation - 23 days from 4000 USD
- Language & Cultural Exchanges - 14 days from 950 USD
- Primitive Ventures - 14 days from 1150 USD
Email the tour operator - Cultural Akwaaba
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.