The Place of Bird Paradise
- Price from:
- 1300 EUR /person
- +251 911 620386
- +251 116188941
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 18 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa
- Start time:
- 06.30 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Swedish, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Norwegian
Last updated: 02/12/2010
Ethiopia experiences different climatic zones due to its altitudinal variations that have taken place as a result of both internal and external forces of the earth. These climatic variations in turn h
Take an excursion to Debre Libanos monastery, where you can see the big bird
like Lammergeyer, and others like Banded Barbet, Black headed Forest Oriel, White Billed Starling, Red billed Starling, White winged Cliff Chat, White backed Black Tit, White Cheeked Tucano, Montane White eye, Abyssinian Long Claw, Abyssinian Catbird, Hemprich's horn bill, and the substantial population of the rare Hardwood's Francolin. Overnight Addis Ababa in a selected hotel.
Drive to Awash national park, which over 460 species of birds have been recorded in this area including the Abyssinian Roller, Abyssinain Ground Hornbill, the endemic White Tailed Swallow, Buff Crested Bustard, Dark Chanting, Goshawk,Pygmy Falcon, Honey guide, Wood land Kingfisher, Kori and Arabian Bustard, Black shouldered Kite, white and Crowned Rosy Patch Shrike, Carmine Bee Eater, Orange billed Parrot, Lilac breasted Roller, Lappet faced & Ruppell's Vulture. Overnight Awash at Bilen lodge.
Spend a half day birding in one of the habitats found in the area. And in the afternoon drive to Sodere resort hotel. Overnight in Sodere Wabishebele resort hotel.
Proceed driving to Dinsho via Asela. Overnight Dinsho lodge.
Morning drive from Dinsho to Goba. After check-in to the hotel, drive to Harena forest to see birds such as African Cuckoo Hawk, Yellow Fronted Parrot, Spot breasted Plover, Wattled Crane & Brown backed Honey guide. Overnight Goba Wabishebele hotel.
Early in the morning drive to Awassa via Kofele. Overnight Awassa in a selected hotel.
After visiting the fish market at lake Awassa, which you will find some of aquatic birds are looking for a food around the shore of the lake like White Pelican, Saddle billed & Marabou Stork, Hamer Kop, Long tailed Cormorant, Malakit King Fisher, Spur winged Plover, Pygmy Goose, Brown snake Eagle, Grey Kestral, Green backed honey guide, Blue headed Coucal, Spotted Creeper, African Firefinch, Bruce's green Pigeon, Red breasted Wryneck, Bare faced go away bird, the endemic Yellow fronted Parrot, Black winged Love bird, and Black forest Oriole in the morning, take an excursion to Wendogenet forest and see Silver-cheeked Horn bill, White cheeked Tucano, & Yellow fronted Parrot. Overnight Awassa in a selected hotel.
After breakfast drive to Yabello where 210 species were recorded such as White tailed Swallow, Abyssinian Bush Crow, Short tailed Lark, Pringle's Puff back, Northern grey Tit, Abyssinian Grosbeak Canary, Somali Sparrow, Black Capped Social Weaver, Grey headed Silver bill, Magpie Starling, Archer's Grey wing, Little Spotted Wood pecker, Little Tawny Pipit, Danaldson Smith's, & Star spotted Night Jars. Overnight Yabello in a motel or camping.
Early in the morning drive to Konso. Walk to the hills of the west of the village circled by the Segen river which 120 species have been recorded including Lammergeyer, Dark Chanting Goshawk, Grey headed Silver bill, Stripe breasted Seed eater, Yellow vented common Bulbul. Overnight Camping.
Heading to Turmi. In late afternoon enjoy your time with Evangadi dance. Overnight Turmi camping.
Proceed driving to Omorate and have a boat trip on Omo river until you get to lake Turkana. Overnight camping.
Whole day at lake Turkana to see so many birds. Overnight camping.
Meet the vehicle on the shore of the lake and drive back to Turmi for overnight.
At 8:00 A.M. when sunrise drive to Arbaminch. On the way see some birds at Weyto. Overnight Arbaminch in a selected hotel.
Game drive in Nech Sar national park to see birds like Night Jar, Northern Whitet tailed bush Lark, Star spotted Night Jar, Dusky Night Jar, Donaldson Smith's Night Jar, Black billed Wood Hoopoe, Taita Fiscal, Boran Cisticola, Lesser Kestrel, Pallid, Cuckoo Hawak, Bat Hawk, Swallaw tailed Kite, Ovambo Sparrow Hawk, Archer's grey wing, Finfoot, Scarce Swift, Grey Cuckoo Shrike, & Stripe Breasted Seed eater. And on late afternoon have a boat trip on lake Chamo. Overnight Arbaminch in a selected hotel.
Early in the morning drive back to Addis Ababa. On the way back visit Abiyata Shalla lakes which 400 bird species were recorded. You can see Lesser & greater Flamingos, Afrian Pochard, Avocet, Gull billed Tern, Pintail, Little Stint, Ruff, and a variety of Duks. Overnight Addis Ababa in a selected hotel.
Drive 50 km west with your picnic lunch to Menagesha forest and expect to see birds like Abyssinian Catbird, Banded Barbet, Golden backed Woodpecker, Black headed Forest Oriole, Waltted Ibis, Yellow fronted Parrot, Black winged Lovebird, Abyssinian ground Thrush, Crowned Eagle & Narina's Trogoan. Drive back to Addis Ababa for overnight in a selected hotel.
City tour in the capital. After having a traditional dinner in one of the traditional restaurants, transfer to the airport for departure.
- Inclusions -
- - Boat trip on lake Chamo and Omo river to lake Turkana
- Exclusions -
- - Alcholic drinks
- Extras -
- If anyone comes with a group (more than 10) we will give 2 people free of charge service as of the programs, which includes everything that metioning on the service inclusive.
However, we provides additional free of charge service to our clients such as;
- City tour
- Transfer IN and OUT, from the airport to
the hotel, and from the hotel to the
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- Horn of Africa - 12 days from 1920 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- 14 Day Ethiopia - 14 days from 1920 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights - 10 days from 985 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route - 13 days from 850 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- South And Historic Ethiopia Tour - 27 days from 2900 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - The Place of Bird Paradise
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.