South And Historic Ethiopia Tour
- Price from:
- 2900 USD /person
- 00251 11 123 34 60
- 00250 11 123 99 26
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 27 days
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa
- We Speak:
- French, English
Last updated: 02/21/2007
Nature,tribes,villages, rock churches,history ,scenery ,people and archaeology are part of this tour.
- Extras -
- Included visits/activities
This tour covers the southern and northern part of Ethiopia following the route of the tribal ring and the historic attraction. Your first stop from Addis is Langano to see the neighboring Abjata Shalla Park, and then you will continue to Arbaminch and explore the village of Dorze people. At Dorze you will visit the beehive shaped houses of the people and their local handicraft works. Another full day at Arbaminch to cover both game drive with in the scenic Netch Sar national park and a boat ride on lake Chamo is necessary.
What is often called the crocodile market, the hippos and a beautiful bird activity is part of the boat ride. Konso is the next point of interest where you will visit the traditional terracing system of the people, their villages like the New York (the Natural Ruggedness of the land makes the village appears like the New York City) and the compound of the Konso chief. Jinka is your next stop while on the road visiting the people of Tsemay at Weito, up on arrival you will directly continue to Ari village. Their compound is one of the most neat and attractive to eyes, their villages too is filled with fruity plants and coffee tree.
Your next move will take you deep in to the Mago national park, first you will go in to the Mursi villages. These people are one of the extra ordinary people. They put clay on their lips and the men bear scarifications on their bodies. Today you will camp for the first time. Crossing throughout the Mago national park, you will head towards Murulle for Karo people who adore painting themselves in the image of the plumage of the guinea fowls and then to Omorate for the people of Geleb and towards Turmi for the people of Hamer .
If your arrival at Turmi lies on Monday, it will be a big opportunity to explore the people on their market day. Other people like Karo and Dassanech will be available in the market. You will drive back to Konso meeting the people of Erbore, and you will continue to Yabello to the Borena people. At El sod Crater Lake, the Borena men, using stick and their hands and diving in to the marshy lake, extract salt for their animals. Dublock Singing well will also be visited, and you will drive to Awassa through the international road that connects Ethiopia and Kenya. On the way you might visit the Tutu Fella archaeological site. At Awassa visiting the fish market, you will directly drive to Awash for the park and Awash fall.
Then you will cross the region of the Afar people and go into the region of the Northern Amhara people. From Kombolcha you will drive to Lalibela to the place of the famous rock hewn churches and the outlying churches. Through the spectacular view region of Ambalague and Alamatta , you will arrive at Mekele. Visiting about three Tigray rock Hewn churches and adding Yeha and Debredamo , you will arrive at Axum to visit the stele site and other important points. As you drive south to Gonder, you will pass through the most dramatic chain of mountains (The Semien ) and Tekezie Gorge. Visiting the city of castles, you will hurry for a half-day boat trip on Lake Tana to visit some nearby monasteries in the Island. Morning you will visit the Blue Nile falls and in the afternoon you are in Debrmarkos, then the Blue Nile Gorge, Debrelianos Monastery, and end your trip in Addis visiting the largest Open-air market MERKATO.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- The Place of Bird Paradise - 18 days from 1300 EUR
- Horn of Africa - 12 days from 1920 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- 14 Day Ethiopia - 14 days from 1920 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights - 10 days from 985 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route - 13 days from 850 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - South And Historic Ethiopia Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.