Horn of Africa
- Price from:
- 1920 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 07.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Greek, Italian, English, Amharic
Last updated: 09/25/2009
An all inclusive guided safari, for the adventurers or those seeking history and culture of one of the worlds oldest civilizations.Explore the wonders of this majestic land and be inspired
- Extras -
With a recorded history dating more than 3,000 years and home to the most famous hominid fossil "Lucy" dated at 3.2 million years old, has credited Ethiopia as being the " cradle of civilisation".
Ethiopia's sovereign and long history has left its very diverse and fertile lands filled with historical, cultural and geological treasures that contain some of the most dramatic scenery in Africa, unique and fascinating animistic cultures of the southern peoples, first-rate historic sites like medevil tombs and obelisks of Axum ( believed to be home of the Ark of covenant) , 17th-century castles ruins, ancient temples and baths set the stage for memorable photo opportunities.
Majestic and rugged volcanic plugs formed some 40 million years ago and eroded over time into fantastic gorges, pinnacles and flat topped mountains have created the 4620m Ras Dashen the highest mountain in the country and the fourth highest in Africa, great place for climbing of all levels and trekking.The Simien Mountains National Park is one of two UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Ethiopia, and home to the Ethiopian wolf and the Gleda baboon, two among the many wildlife that are endemic to Ethiopia.
There are 900 species of birds 16 of them endemic, such as the Egyptian vultures, Thick-billed Raven, White-collared Pigeon, Wattled Ibis, Spot-breasted lapwing are often seen. With 13 National parks and wildlife sanctuaries it makes a holiday in Ethiopia a unique and memorable experience.
We have designed our itineraries, to be as comfortable as possible with out losing the sense of adventure in amazing Africa.There are fixed trips of 12 and 14 days, tailor made trips are also available contact us for arrangements.
TYPICAL DAYBest way to start any day, is nice and early.
Earlier in some places than others, to better our chances of spotting wildlife, and of course the African sunrise.
Breakfast is followed by a group briefing for the day, and we are off for anther interesting day in Africa.
Lunch then a short break to further fuel ones energy, for the rest day. Which could be spent lazing on the sandy beaches of Djibouti or going on a canoe ride in Sof Omar caves, Africa's largest cave system.
If camping we will have set up camp before sunset, gather around warm fire while supper is getting ready and have a good laugh.
Age range, type of group
We have designed our itineraries, to be as comfortable as possible difficulty range low to mid level, children as young as 10 have been our guests,as well as senior adventurers 60 years young.
We cater to groups of no more than 12 travel bugs and a minimum of 4 people,per person sharing.
Singles will get single rooms, as well as single tents with a 200 euro supplement.
Sleeping and meals
When applicable we arrange 3-4 star accommodation, with all meals and two soft beverages / water included.While in some remote areas the accommodations are basic, but worth the experience.
There are many breathtaking camping sites on our tours,and we further this delight by serving up well balanced meals with comfortable camping gear.
Pangeans safari provides spacey Coleman outdoor tents.2 persons per tent or a family of 4,
U.S Marine standard foldable beds and,( clean Mountain peak sleeping bags, and air pillows for those who require one.)
* Vegetarians and vegans please let us know when booking.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- The Place of Bird Paradise - 18 days from 1300 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- 14 Day Ethiopia - 14 days from 1920 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights - 10 days from 985 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route - 13 days from 850 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- South And Historic Ethiopia Tour - 27 days from 2900 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - Horn of Africa
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.