Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights
- Price from:
- 985 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, Italian, German
Last updated: 10/21/2008
Ethiopia is a country with its fabulous three thousand years history. This history has left an incomparable heritage of art and antiquities. Discover Ethiopia with Pharez Ethiopia Tours.
Day 1: Arrive in Addis Ababa to warm welcome at the airport, and then transfer to your hotel. Morning will be free. Afternoon, start your sightseeing tour of Addis Ababa, starting your tour from the Trinity Cathedral, visit to the National Museum (archaeological and historical), which has the best collection of Ethiopian antiquities and archeological discoveries, including the famous oldest hominid âLucyâ; then drive up to Mt. Entoto, the highest part of the capital, where you will have a panoramic view over the town of Addis Ababa; a visit to the adjacent church of St. Mary; a drive down to the biggest open air market in East Africa called Mercato. Overnight at Ghion Hotel. (4*)
Day 2: Around 05:00 hrs, drive to the airport to fly to Bahir Dar by ET 122. Around 07:00-08:00 am, arrive at Bahir Dar after a 55 minutes' flight. Drive to Tana Hotel for check-in. You will have a free morning at the hotel. Lunch is served at Tana Hotel, then in the afternoon, at around 14:30PM, drive to Tisissat (45 minutes) to get to the water fall, which is 35km away from Bahir Dar. At Tisissat, you get a chance to see the âsmoke of the Nileâ from the usual vantage points. Later, drive back to Bahir Dar. Dinner and overnight at Tana Hotel.
DAY 3: At 08:00 hrs, drive to the port of Bahir Dar, 2 Km from your hotel, and board boat to cross Lake Tana. En route, you will visit the churches of UraKidanemihret, Mehal Zege Georgis and Narga Selassie. Lunch will be served on the boat in lunch boxes. Late in the afternoon, you will arrive in back Bahir Dar- at around 17:00 hrs- you might get a chance to see the very stunning sun-set from the boat. Overnight and dinner at Tana Hotel.
Day 4: Transfer Morning drive from Bahir Dar to Godner, on the way pass through the Dembiya Fogera plan land then you will reach to Gonder after 3hrs drive; Godner is 180KM from Bahir Dar. Start visiting the 17th century capital of Ethiopia: Gonder. Sites to visit include: the castle compound (UNESCO World Heritage Site), King Fasiledes' Bath, the Debre Birhan Selassie (The light of Trinity) church with wonderful murals, Qusqam church and Mentwab palace. Later, drive to the Jewish village called Welaka, 6Km away from Gonder. Overnight will be at Goha Hotel.
Day 5, Make a day Excursion to Semin Mountain, Drive to Debark in the morning, 100Kms from Gonder, the Headquarter of the Semien Mountains National Park. Proceed to Sankaber, 37Kms farther, which is your first trekking starting spot, 3250 ms above sea level. Spend the day trekking around the camp sites. Lunch will be served by lunch boxes on top of the view point; here you will see some endemic Ethiopian Birds like wattle Ibis, and some mammals like the Gelada Baboon. Around 15:00PM, you will drive back to Gonder. Overnight Goha Hotel3*.
Day 6, Early in the morning, drive to the airport to fly to Lalibella in the morning and then transfer from the airport to your hotel. The airport is 26 Km from the hotel- it will be a half-an-hour drive. After check-in, start visiting the rock hewn churches of Lalibella. Today you tour the first group of churches (the grouping is according to their geographical location): Bete Medhane Alem, Bete Mariam and Bete Meskel. Return to your hotel for lunch at 12:30 AM, and continue touring the rest of the first group of churches after 14:00 AM. Return to your hotel at 17:30 AM. Overnight will be at Roha Hotel.
Day 7, Early in the morning make a mule excursion to Asheten Mariam church, where you will the semi-monolithic church which was hewed out by the nephew of King Lalibella, then back to Hotel for lunch afternoon visit the remaining churches in Lalibella by the 2nd group of the rock hewn churches of Lalibella: Bete Emanuel, Bete Rafael and Gabriel, Bete Mercury's and Aba Libanos. Return to your hotel at 12:30 for lunch. In the afternoon at 14:00, continue your tour from the stunning Bete Giorgis, which was hewed out with the Greek cross, then walk back to your Hotel. Overnight will be at Roha Hotel.
Day 8, At 07:30, transfer to the airport to fly to Axum by ET 122 0950-1030 and then transfer to your hotel, which is 10 minutes drive from the airport. Sightseeing in Axum, a town steeped in more than 2500 years of history, from the palace and tomb of King Kaleb (6th C, AD). You will also visit the extraordinary Stella's files (WHS) and the tomb of king Remhay (1st to 4th C, AD). Visit the church of St Mary of Tsion (17th C, AD), in which is deposited the Arc of the Covenant. Return to your hotel around 13:00 for lunch. At 15:30, drive out of the town to Gonder, 4 Km away, where you will walk up to see the rock-carved lion and palace from where the Stella's were hewn- some still lie there, unfinished. From here we can visit the palace of the queen of Sheba, and other archaeological sites. The day's wandering ends at the small but amazing museum. Return to your hotel at 17:30. Dinner and overnight will be at Yeha or Remhay Hotel.
Day 9, At 10:30, drive to the airport to fly to Addis Ababa by ET123, arriving at a hotel in Addis at 4:30. Lunch will be Addis Ababa, and the rest of the afternoon will be freely spent at the hotel. In the evening at 19:30, meet in the lobby and then drive to the traditional restaurant, where you will enjoy traditional Ethiopian music performances at your fare well dinner. Overnight will be at Ghion Addis.
Day 10, Full day tour of Addis Ababa, morning mausoleum of Menililik the II at the church of Beata Mariam, then drive to Ethnographic museum in the courtyard of Addis Ababa university, then drive back your hotel or have lunch en the route, afternoon visit the ECA Economic commission for Africa, for its wonderful painting on the reception hall. Then make some shopping. Evening transfer out to airport to Fly back to Home.
- Inclusions -
- Government tax.
- Exclusions -
- Meal in Addis Ababa except breakfast
- Extras -
- Ethiopia is old as one can imagine as its history and culture goes back to the 3000 year ago, even to the early human evolution as Ethiopia is the cradle of human kind, which goes back to 3.5 million to our ancestor â€Lucyâ€ or â€Dinkineshâ€ which was found in 1974 on the eastern part of the country.
Ethiopia is a country with its fabulous three thousand years history. This history has left an incomparable heritage of art and antiquities. Its striking mountains, magnificent crater lakes, the Grate Rift valley system with its lined lakes, characterized by fabulous aquatic life, Omo valley with its numerous ethnic groups with drivers culture and traditions, and a number of National parks with stunning view, incomparable history that makes Ethiopia astonishing country.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- The Place of Bird Paradise - 18 days from 1300 EUR
- Horn of Africa - 12 days from 1920 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- 14 Day Ethiopia - 14 days from 1920 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route - 13 days from 850 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- South And Historic Ethiopia Tour - 27 days from 2900 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.