Ethiopian Historic route
- Price from:
- 850 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 13 days
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa-Ethiopia
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa- Ethiopia
- We Speak:
- Chinese, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 10/25/2007
Sky scrapper Obelisks of Axum, rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, the medieval period Castles of Gondar, the Island Monasteries on Lakes Tana and the Blue Nile falls are few to mention from this route
ADDIS ABABA- BAHIR DAR
Up on arrival be meet and have coffee with Staff of Off-Road Ethiopia Tour and drive Addis Ababa- Bahir Dar. On the way visit the fabulous Blue Nile gorge and the Debre Lebanos Monastery. O/N Tana Hotel
after break fast head for a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the nearly accessible most colorful monastery of Ura Kidanemheret and back to hotel for lunch break. After lunch head to the fabulous Blue Nile falls. O/n Tana Hotel
Morning have a boat trip on Lake Tana to visit the nearly accessible monasteries of Kibran Gabriel (open only to men) and Ura Kidanemheret. After check-in to hotel explore the 16th-17th century Castle compound and the bathing pool of King Fasilades constructed by King Fasilades and his successors. O/N Goha hotel
in the morning visit the church of Debre Birhan Selasse Church, which is famous by its wall painting of Bible story and Drive from Gondar to Sankaber. This is the site that is termed as the most wild and spectacular of all Ethiopian landscapes-The Roof of Africa. Observe the magnificent scenery, birds and game like an endemic Gelada Baboon. On your way, visit Woleka that is the settlement for Felasha-Ethiopian Jews (Israelites). O/N. Guest house at Sankaber including all meals.
After break fast trek to Chenek, another important site for great sceneries and also to spot the endemic Walia Ibex and drive back to Snkaber Guest house.
drive from Chenek to Axum. On this day admire the scenic beauty of the environ around the Lima limo twist. O/n Remhay Hotel.
in the morning Have a visit to Axum`s Mary of Zion church, Stele of Axum and the tomb there and the Bath of Queen Sheba. After lunch head to the Palace of Sheba, the Tomb of King Kaleb and his son (6th century), stone inscription of king Ezana. O/n Remhay.
drive Axum- Mekelle. On the way visit the Yeha Temple, Debre Damo monastery, Abreha-Atsbeha rock church, Negash Mosque. O/n Axum Hotel.
after break fast visit the near by famous rock churches of Petros and Paulos, Medhane Alem Adi Kasho and back to Mekelle for overnight stay. O/n Axum Hotel.
in the morning after a visit to the Museum of Mekelle, head to Lalibela via the Sekota road. On the way visit the least visited but famous world-renowned Cave church of Yimrhane Kirstos. O/n Jerusalem Guest house.
early in the morning after breakfast, head exploring the UNESCO registered world wonders of the rock-hewn churches (1st group) only. After lunch head for a visit of the remaining churches. O/n Jerusalem Guest house.
drive back to Kombolcha. On the way visit the last Cave church of Nakutola'ab and the Hayq Estifanos monastery and Hayq Lake. O/n Tekle Hotel.
drive back to Addis Ababa. En route visit the mouth of Rift Valley system at Tarmaber and Italian made tunnel. Up on arrival in Addis have time of shopping. In the evening have a complimentary traditional dinner and dancing show and be transferred to airport for departure.
Off-Road Ethiopia Tour wishes you a pleasant stay!
- Inclusions -
- Accommodations (Double Room)
- Exclusions -
- International and Domestic flight ticket while it is separately given
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- The Place of Bird Paradise - 18 days from 1300 EUR
- Horn of Africa - 12 days from 1920 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- 14 Day Ethiopia - 14 days from 1920 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights - 10 days from 985 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- South And Historic Ethiopia Tour - 27 days from 2900 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - Ethiopian Historic route
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: