14 Day Ethiopia
- Price from:
- 1920 EUR /person
- +2511 913716987
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- Location Start:
- Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
- Location Finish:
- Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
- We Speak:
- Greek, English, Amharic
Last updated: 06/17/2009
An awesome 14 day Adventure tour 4 x 4 in the tribal lands of the omo valley. Photo wildlife and cultural tours.
Arrive at Addis Ababa international terminal. Reception service and orientation. Dinner and then Transfer to hotel 4 star hotel.
Early morning drive to the green and lush southern town of Arbaminch, Stop for Lunch then en route visit the beautiful Rift Valley lakes - Lake Ziway, Lake Abijata and Lake Shalla.We then make a stop at the archeological site of Tiya, the site of around 40 ancient Stelae. Dinner and then Overnight at 3 star Hotel.
A morning excursion to visit the Nech Sar National Park and Lake Abaya. After lunch a boat ride on Lake Chamo to visit a large number of crocodiles and hippos, overnight hotel.
The tour continues today from Arbaminch to Jinka via Konso and kaey afer. The Konso people were the first in Ethiopia to practice farming/agriculture and their system of terracing can still be seen today. Today's route is culturally very rich - each of the different tribes having their own way of life. Overnight in Jinka at a simple local hotel or camping.
Onward from Jinka to Mago National Park. visit the village of the Mursi tribe . They are primarily pastoralists, who move between their wet season range in the lower Tama steppe and their dry season range in the Mursi Hills sector of Mago National Park. Some practice flood retreat cultivation along the Omo River. They collect honey from traditionally made hives that one frequently sees in the park. The Mursi women wear clay lip plates and the men take part in stick fighting.Then back to Mago Park for overnight camping
Drive to Omo National Park. The Omo National Park, the largest in the country with an area of 3 450 sq km, is a vast expanse of true wilderness. It is one of the richest and least visited wildlife sanctuaries in eastern African.
Drive back to Jinka, overnight hotel.
Drive to Turmi via Murule and the two villages of the Karo tribe namely Karo Duss and Karo Chorcho. The Karo and Hammer are friendly, handsome, photogenic tribes related in culture. Their main practice is cattle herding and great wealth is measured by the number of cattle they own. They are famous for their hairstyles and body painting.
Drive to Omorate a small town on the Omo River visit Lake Turkana, overnight camping.
Drive back to Turmi and visit the Hamar market and surrounding area, overnight camping.
Drive back to arbaminch via Konso via Erbore and Woyito. Visit the interesting Erbore tribe with their unique adornments such as aluminium bead necklaces. Enjoy a lunch stop at Woyita and visit the Sunday Market where the Tsemai and Erbore people come together to trade amongst themselves. Overnight camping or at a local hotel in Konso. The Konso are partly pagan, with some Christians amongst them. They erect eerie wooden totems replete with phallic symbols over the graves of the dead (it almost seems related to what the Axumites did in the past: the stele of Axum). There are numerous cults based around the breeding and veneration of serpents. The Konso have adopted a complex age grading system. Sacred drums, symbolizing peace and harmony, are circulated from village to village according to a fixed cycle and are beaten in rituals that mark the transition from one age-grade to the next. Though under the Ethiopian government's rule, the Konso still have their own King.
Drive from Arbamich to Langano with lunch en route. The rest of the day is at leisure to enjoy swimming and birdwatching at Lake Langano. Camping overnight
Drive back to Addis Abeba, traditional Ethiopia farewell dinner,overnight hotel.
Departure / Transfer to airport.
- Inclusions -
- All transportation including Airport pick up
- Extras -
- 2 to a room. Single supplement is 200 Euros
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Addis Ababa
- 3 days to Harar-Awash-Sodere - 12 days from 250 EUR
- Trekking in Home of Wildlife - 10 days from 650 EUR
- The Place of Bird Paradise - 18 days from 1300 EUR
- Horn of Africa - 12 days from 1920 EUR
- The oldest tribes in Ethiopia - 8 days from 1280 EUR
- Danakil depression Dallol & Ertale - 9 days from 800 EUR
- 10 Days North Ethiopia Historical Rotute Tour - 10 days from 750 EUR
- Omo Valley - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Addis to Djibouti - 2 days from 260 EUR
- Discover Ethiopia - 21 days from 1500 USD
- Northern Ethiopia Historical Route - 10 days from 665 USD
- Tribes of the Omo Valley - 10 days from 1107 USD
- Danakil Depression - 10 days from 1500 USD
- Ethiopian Easter Festival Tour a cultural tour to the... - 11 days from 1698 USD
- Historic Route 10 Days & 9 Nights - 10 days from 985 USD
- Ethiopia Classic Historical Route - 15 days from 831 EUR
- Ethiopia Omo Valley - 15 days from 850 EUR
- Cultural Tour To The Historic Route Of Ethiopia - 10 days from 1454 USD
- Ethiopia Historical Tour - 9 days from 1150 USD
- OMO Safari - 15 days from 1664 USD
- Historic Route by Surface - 12 days from 1432 USD
- Historic Ethiopia by Flight - 7 days from 500 USD
- Omo Valley Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Ethiopian Religious festival - 18 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Trekking tour - 8 days from 550 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route via flight - 8 days from 700 EUR
- Danakil Depression and Erta - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Ethiopian Historic route - 13 days from 850 EUR
- Omo Valley safari - 11 days from 850 EUR
- Southern Rift Valley Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Brief Tour Of Omo Valley Tribes - 6 days from 746 USD
- Market Oriented Tour Of Omo Tribes - 8 days from 1161 USD
- South And Historic Ethiopia Tour - 27 days from 2900 USD
- Priceless Ethiopia Tours - 9 days from 651 USD
Email the tour operator - 14 Day Ethiopia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.