- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 275 EUR /person
- 002 069 3641 690
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Dahab, South Sinai, Egypt
- Location Finish:
- Dahab, South Sinai, Egypt
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Arabic, English
Last updated: 01/12/2009
This 8-day desert trekking tour is an introduction to main Desert Survivor skills, from Camel Handling & Land Navigation to Herbal Remedies, and an insight to History & Culture of present day Bedouins
The first day is to adapt and to get ready for your Deserty Adventure.
Meet & Assist at Sharm el Shiekh airport. Transfer to Dahab app 1.15 hour. Check into Hotel 3*on a BB basis.
Welcome meeting and Safari Briefing with our Desert Expert and your Tour-Leader
Dep from Hotel app 8am and to the accessible heart of Sinai, to the location where the camels will be awaiting and equipment loaded. Here we shall meet the Bedouin Sheikh of the area and his family, our hosts for the journey. From here you shall head into the Desert trekking app 3hrs through Wadi Ghlim with a visit to the Narrow canyon and set up camp at Wadi Rum. Dinner is served around the fire, with tales from the elder Bedouins. Sleep under the star in our communal Bedouin tent or private dome tents.
After breakfast we move North East from Wadi Rum, towards Wadi Hudra, descending into the valley with great views of the Ein Hurda Oasis. The Oasis is an ideal location for base camp with spectacular surrounding desert to explore around the camp. It is within the oasis that we can observe the daily rituals of Bedouin Life, from food prep & cooking on the open fire, bread making and handling & care of livestock. Both women & men of the family are present and we can enjoy a wonderful interaction with the whole family.
Wadi Hudra is a wide valley of sandstone mountain, with a sculpture of the Frozen Rock created by wind erosion. Sand dunes at this area are in abundance and variety of wildlife throughout this region varies from the Desert Fox, Gazzelle, wild goats and the chirping of the wheatear birds. Dinner is prepared and cooked on the open fire, with another evening under the stars.
Rising with the sun is always a good start to the day, after breakfast we set off on the trek. All aspects of Desert Survival can be absorbed from day to day, from food preparation, camel handling, weather anticipation and general desert orientation. Heading North out of the valley, we ascend the White Canyon, bringing us back to ground level. Moving on we enter the colourful limestone area of Matamir, with mountains soaring to 1000m high, sand dunes and canyons and the ancient Rock of Inscriptions : a message board used by many on the ancient trade route. Lunch is prepared on location and the trek continues on to Mount Matamir. Camp is set up at the foot of the Mt, while you have the option to walk to the summit for amazing panoramic sunset views of the whole South Sinai valley. Dinner served and we settle down for an evening of relaxing and Sinai folktales.
After breakfast we continue to trek South, through Wadi Zaranig, with it's sand dunes and open valley. Visiting Bir Safra, which takes it's name from the salt water well. Here we can take the opportunity to âshowerâ and freshen up. Lunch is taken on location, and camp set up at Mount of Wonder, presenting plenty of time to relax or explore the surrounding area and another wonderful sunset. To appreciate the intense beauty of this location, the rest of the day is spent exploring this area, before returning to camp for the evening. App 6hrs trekking.
Heading on into the âLaurence of Arabian Desertâ, an amazing expanse of diverse landscape, introducing, dunes, rock sculptures and a great stillness and panoramic view.
Lunch is taken within this area and set in set up at a spectacular point.
Dinner is prepared and served around the camp fire, and we enjoy our last evening sleeping under the stars.
After breakfast we trek on the spectacular area of the Dunes of Hadoudah, the largest & highest dunes in the Sinai. Lunch is taken with in the valley and after relaxing we move towards the asphalt where our conventional transport, transports us back to civilization : Dahab.
Check into Hotel 3* BB. Meet for farewell dinner in Dahab.
Free day til departure transfer to Sharm el Sheikh airport.
- Inclusions -
- 2 nights Hotel in Dahab B&B
- Exclusions -
- International Flights
- Extras -
- Scheduled Dates in 2009:
- February 8-15
- March 15-22
- April 11-18
- June 7-15
What to Bring:
- Head cover â€' scarf or hat
- Torch with batteries
- Loose layered clothing
- Sun cream / protection
- Sleeping Bag or sheet
- Walking shoes or boots
- Backpac â€' day bag
- Toiletries / personal items
Some of the above items can be purchased locally ie: Bedouin Head cover, water cooler bags.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dahab
- Tour to St Catherine Monastery from Dahab by Vehicle - from 105 EUR
- Petra Jordan from Dahab by ferry boat - from 239 EUR
- Day Tour to Petra - from 370 USD
- Cairo Sightseeing by Flight - from 240 USD
- Trip to St Catherine Monastery - from 150 USD
- Excursion To St Catherine from Dahab - from 50 USD
- Moses Mountain From Dahab - from 50 USD
- Camel Ride In Dahab - from 35 USD
- Quad Runner In Dahab - from 35 USD
- Super Safari To St Catherine & Canyon from Dahab - from 50 USD
- Space Vision - from 40 EUR
- Petra Travel From Dahab - from 295 EUR
- Dahab Trip To St Catherine Moses Mountain - from 99 EUR
- Dahab Tours To Colored Canyon At Nuweiba - from 42 EUR
- Gold of Sinai - 7 days from 205 EUR
- Tour to Petra & Wadi Rum - 2 days from 560 USD
- Dahab 3 Nights 4 Days Accommodation & Transfers - 4 days from 250 USD
- Sinai Explore - 6 days from 240 USD
- Cairo and Dahab Tour - 9 days from 319 EUR
- Advanced Dive package Cairo and Dahab - 7 days from 419 USD
- Sinai Explorer - 9 days from 319 GBP
- Multi Activity Adventure - 8 days from 200 EUR
- Dive Dahab - 8 days from 250 EUR
Email the tour operator - Desert Dweller
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.