Quick Trip for 2 Days from Alexandria to Cairo
- Price from:
- 210 USD /person
- 002 012 26 85 786
- 002 02 44 71 39 54
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Alexandria Port
- Location Finish:
- Alexandria Port
- Start time:
- 07.30 am
- End time:
- 08.30 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Italian, French, English
Last updated: 07/27/2009
Shore Excursion & Quick Trip for 02 Days to visit (Giza Pyramids, Sakkara, the Egyptian Museum, Citadel & Khan El Khalili) in Cairo.
Alexandria Port / Cairo
Our representative will meet & greet you at Alexandria Port to enjoy a shore excursion and day trip from Port Said to Cairo, approximately 2 ½ hours by a luxurious air-conditioned vehicle.
Visiting the Step pyramid in Sakkara (Sakkara (Saqqara) is one of the most extensive archaeological sites in Egypt! It was the cemetery for Memphis, the capital of Ancient Egypt, yet it is still one of the virgin archaeological sites, despite the fact that so much has already been found here! The site is dominated by the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, which goes back to 2700 BC. It is one of the oldest stone structures in the world!). Then a visit to one of the Seven Wonders of the World: the Pyramids of Giza (Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinos), Cheops is the most colossal ever built. Next is a close-up look at the sphinx - a huge funeral complex guarded by the legendary lion body with the face of king Chephren and The Valley Temple. Visit Khan El Khalili Bazaars (One of the earliest and greatest markets in the Middle East). At the end of the day we will transfer you to your Hotel in Cairo.
Optional: Sound and light show at Pyramids OR Dinner Cruise with Spectacle Show
Overnight in Cairo.
Cairo / Alexandria Port
Breakfast. Visiting Egyptian Museum of antiquities. On display is a rare collection of 5000 years of art the largest most precious collection of Egyptian art in the world. Over 250,000 genuine artifacts are presented, including an exhibit dedicated to the Tutankhamen collection of treasures, gold, and jewellery, as it was enclosed in his tomb for over 3,500 years before it was discovered in the 1920s when his tomb was excavated. Then visit the renowned Saladin Citadel that was built by Saladin in the 12th Century and was the seat of power for the following 700 years. On the premises is the Alabaster Mosque of Mohammed Ali, one of the landmarks in Cairo whose minaret can be seen from any part of the city. The Mohammed Ali mosque was built in Turkish style, very similar to the Blue Mosque in Turkey. Transfer from Cairo to Alexandria by A/C car, arrival Alexandria, transfer to your Cruise.
- Inclusions -
- Entrance fees & transfer by a modern air-conditioned van.
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not mentioned.
- Extras -
- This tour is private; it is possible to travel at any time of the year.
From 02 to 03 Persons: 250.00$
From 04 to 06 Persons: 230.00$
From 07 to 10 Persons: 210.00$
For groups more than 10 Persons (HOT DEAL)
All prices are in American USD$ Currency, per person.
Cairo sprang from the foundations of a recent town, according to the Egyptian time standards. This region was originally settled in the Palaeolithic and witnessed the great development of the Neolithic communities. This region was, since the pre dynastic period of the Pharaonic era, a very remote extension of On, the center of Ra cult where the priests of Heliopolis area had worshipped the sun god. It was there, that the battle opposing Horus to Seth took place, according to the Osirian legend. It was also there, that what the Persian invaders built in 525 BC the fort of Babylon to control the trade routes of the Old World. In 117 Trajan, the roman governor of Egypt, repaired the old canal originally built by the older Pharaohs of the 12th dynasty to link, across the Nile dominated by Babylon, from up north, the Mediterranean Sea to east at the Red Sea. During these later periods of that roman's occupation, a Christian community grew up around Babylon where the world's oldest Coptic churches were built, at the end of the 4th century: St. Sergius church and as well as that church of St. Barbara. Taking hold of Babylon in 639, Amr Ibn El As, the leader of the Arab army, conquered Egypt and expelled the Romans. gradually, Egypt has converted to Islamic, the location of Amr's camp, in front of Babylon, became the center of a military city El Fostat or the tent, an extension was to be added by the Abbassides called El Askar or the soldiers, this was followed by another extension added by the Toulounides El Katayea or the tribes, therefore the city grew up in splendor: Amr's mosque, the world's oldest third mosque, the palace of the governor, public bathes, houses, gardens, markets. In 969 Gohar, the Fatimides army leader built, to the north of El Katayea, a much larger city which was then named El Kahera or the victorious Cairo. In 973 El Azhar mosque and its large Islamic University was built .
Cairo became the capital of Egypt in 1176 Saladin built the Citadel and surrounded the old city and the capital, with defensive walls. The reign of Ismail started, in 1865, a new era of modernization: Cairo was enlarged by adding new extensions, wide streets adorned with trees, gardens, Opera house, houses and villas, large hotels. In 1952, a revolution took a place and Egypt became a republic, some of the new cities were built around Cairo to solve the problems of overpopulation. Cairo today is one of the world's largest cities, it is a very metropolitan city, many luxurious hotels, wide variety of restaurants, all types of museums, galleries of arts, Opera house and theaters, 5 large universities, sports clubs and stadiums, zoological gardens and many entertainment centers, movies and shopping centers, the Old Bazaar of Khan El Khalili, a large net of underground metro, bridges and highways, also 2 international airports, floating hotels and restaurants on the Nile, modern hospitals also the banks, aviation and tourist agencies, embassies and cultural centers. And above all of that there are the welcoming Egyptian people.
Cairo is a city that never sleeps; it is a 5000 years old megalopolis stretching to the pyramids. Memphis Necropolis In 3200 BC the legendary Pharaoh "Mena" unified Egypt and created the first state in history, his capital was "Memphis". There parallel to the capital, on the Nile western bank, the "city of the dead" covered a sandy stretch 50 km long. More than 80 pyramids, hundreds of tombs and mastabas bearing colored paintings which represent the daily life of the ancient Egyptians. Giza pyramids and the sphinx built 4600 years ago for the pharaohs Cheops, Chephren & Mykerinos. Sakkara steps Pyramid, built 4700 years ago for the pharaoh Djoser, the first rocky construction in history
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Alexandria
- 01 Day Trip From Alexandria Port To Cairo - from 100 USD
- One Day Trip From Alexandria To Cairo - from 95 USD
- one day tour to Cairo - from 120 USD
- Quick 1 Day Trip From Alexandria Port To Cairo - from 100 USD
- Transfer from the Harbour to Anywhere in Alexandria - from 12 USD
- Luxor by Plane from Alexandria - from 215 USD
- Alexandria City Tour from Alexandria Port or Airport - from 50 USD
- One Day Shore Excursion to Egyptian Museum Old Cairo & Khan... - from 75 USD
- One Day Shore Excursion to Coptic & Islamic Cairo - from 75 USD
- Cairo Day Trip from Alexandria Port Memphis and Sakkara - from 90 USD
- One Day Shore Excursion to To Giza Pyramids Memphis & Sakkara - from 75 USD
- Shore Day Trip to Cairo from Alexandria Port - from 125 EUR
- Quick Trip from Alex Port to Cairo - from 97 USD
- 1 Day Trip to Cairo from Alexandria with mts tours - from 90 USD
- Shore Excursion to Visit Giza Pyramids Memphis & Sakkara - from 120 USD
- Desert Tour Visit Memphis Sakkara & Dahshur - from 150 USD
- Day Tour to Coptic & Islamic Cairo from Alexandria Port - from 140 USD
- Tour to Visit Alamein Tombs from Alexandria Port - from 135 USD
- Day Excursion to Cairo from Alexandria Port - from 75 EUR
- Day Trip to Alexandria - from 75 USD
- Alexandria Airport Private Transfer - from 15 USD
- Alexandria Railway Station Private Transfer - from 15 USD
- Alexandria Port Private Transfer - from 15 USD
- Private Day Trip to Cairo by Bus from Alexandria - from 75 USD
- Alexandria City Tour - from 40 USD
- Vessels Arriving Alexandria & Shore Excursion - from 145 USD
- Quick Trip To Cairo From Alexandria Your Cruise Ship - from 120 USD
- Quick Sightseeing Trip From Alexandria To Cairo - from 95 USD
- Historical Shore Excursion From Alexandria To Cairo - from 115 USD
- Alexandria City Of History - from 45 USD
- Overday trip to Cairo from Alexandria - from 95 EUR
- Panorama of Alexandria - from 35 USD
- Cairo Pyramids - from 35 USD
- Quick Trip To Cairo - from 60 USD
- overday Luxor from Alexandria by flight - from 250 USD
- El Alamein Tour from Alexandria Port - from 60 GBP
- Day Trip to Giza Pyramids and Sakkara Plateau from Alexandria... - from 70 GBP
- One Day Tour - from 40 USD
- Shore Excursion from Alexandria Port to Cairo - from 199 USD
- Quick Trip to Cairo from Alexandria - from 110 USD
- Overnight port trip to Cairo from Alexandria port - 2 days from 229 EUR
- Two Days Cairo from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 170 USD
- Cairo Overnight from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 120 USD
- Cairo Tour from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 245 USD
- Two Day Rrip to Cairo from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 165 EUR
- Private 2 Days Trip to Cairo by Bus from Alexandria - 2 days from 150 USD
- Shore Excursion from Alexandria to Cairo Overnight Cairo - 2 days from 215 USD
- Two Day Trips To Cairo and Giza Pyramids from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 150 GBP
- Shore Trips Arrive Alexandria and Depart from Port Said Port - 2 days from 150 GBP
- Two Day Tours to Cairo and Alexandria from Alexandria Port - 2 days from 150 GBP
- Fast Tour from Alexandria Port to Cairo - 11 days from 145 EGP
- Smoothy - 11 days from 550 EGP
- Alexandria Maria - 6 days from 480 EUR
Email the tour operator - Quick Trip for 2 Days from Alexandria to Cairo
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.