Stowe Travel Guide
Stowe Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Stowe
- Resort Altitude (metres): 390m
- Ski Season: November to April
- Mountain Range: Green Mountain
- Number of Lifts: 12
- Highest Lift (metres): 1092m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 390m
- Number of Slopes: 56
- Snowboarding: Yes, 3 parks, halfpipe and boarding on all slopes.
- Cross Country (km): 150km
Stowe Ski Information
Stowe is a tidy and attractive town to visit and the attractions are many. The art gallery represents works by over 50 local artists in mixed media. There is a fine Skiing museum in the renovated town hall. Good to see the antiquated equipment that skiers used in days past. There are some other galleries and a glass studio. Shopping is good and there are many unique little shops.. Tour Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, visit a working farm or relax at one of the town's spa's.
- Languages: English
- Temperatures: 7c
- Driving: Right hand side
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergency 911
- Population: 3500
- Religion: Congregationalists - 63% Catholics - 25%
- Check the weather
You are well catered for as far as apres ski activities. Shed Restaurant and Brewery is a great place to relax after a day on the slopes. Try a few of their designer brews and a meal by the raging fire. For Sushi try The Matterhorn, as well as their oven pizza, then stay for the night while dancing to some of the best local bands. Charlie B's Pub and Restaurant is one of the towns most popular venues for a cosy pub atmosphere and over 60 wines to choose from. Live music can also be heard here. You can't go for an evening out without visiting the Whip Bar and Grill for the olde refined atmosphere and delicious food.
Stowe is one of the most popular of the Green Mountain resorts, with two mountains to ski, Spruce Peak and Mount Mansfield. There is good snow cover for most of the season. The experienced skier will get a thrill higher up the peaks, but intermediates and beginners are better catered for. Snowboarders are very well looked after as there are no less than three parks and boarding on all pistes. The village has plenty of restaurants, shops and après ski life. A great all round resort with brilliant facilities.
- Stowe Motel & Suites Hotel 2043 Mountain Road Stowe 61 Rooms
- The Green Mountain Inn Hotel 18 Main Street Stowe 105 Rooms
- Stowe Mountain Lodge Hotel 7412 Mountain Road Stowe 139 Rooms
- Sun & Ski Inn And Suites Hotel 1613 Mountain Road, PO Box 835 Stowe 25 Rooms
- Ye Olde England Inne Hotel 433 The Mountain Road Stowe 30 Rooms
- More Stowe Hotels
Know a thing or two about Stowe ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red