Killington Travel Guide
Killington Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Rutland
- Resort Altitude (metres): 670m
- Ski Season: October to June
- Mountain Range: Killington and Pico
- Number of Lifts: 200
- Highest Lift (metres): 1293m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 323m
- Number of Slopes: 200
- Snowboarding: 2 parks 3 half-pipes boardercross course
- Cross Country (km): 87km
Killington Ski Information
In this beautiful New England region can be found historical sites, museums, golf courses, and the lovely green mountains of Central Vermont. The Coolidge State Forest, dedicated to Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States, and his birthplace, has 18,511 acres and provides a variety of outdoor recreations.
- Languages: English
- Temperatures: Winter daytime temperatures average between 16 and 18 degrees Fahrenheit (between -9 and -8 Celsius).
Summer daytime temperatures average between 68 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (20 and 21 Celsius).
- Driving: Drive on the right hand side of the road.
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 911
- Religion: Christian
- Check the weather
The K is renowned for its apres-ski options, and with over 100 restaurants, live music and dancing at the nightspots, as well as bistros and inns, to choose from it is not surprising that it is considered one of the best. The Wobbly Barn is one such venue, with a lively calendar of events, steakhouse menu, and great atmosphere, proving that fun is not only about skiing, but having a good time afterwards.
With seven mountain peaks, Killington is the largest ski mountain in the Eastern United States, and has excellent snowmaking facilities, as well as terrain for all levels of skiing. Beginners have a top rate ski school, intermediates can enjoy easy cruising, and experts are catered for in the Outer Limits. Snow boarders have 2 parks, 3 half-pipes, and a boardercross course, and cross-country skiers have a lot of territory. The Fusion zone offers advanced skiers the opportunity of learning off-piste. With a bright apres-ski over the weekend, eateries, both off- and on-mountain, and being closer for the European crowd than the Rockies, Killington is close to being one of the best resorts in the country. Adult pass: 1 day: 59 USD Adult pass: 6 days: 300 USD Youth pass: 1 day: 54 USD< Youth pass: 6 days: 264 USD Child pass: 1 day: 37 USD Child pass: 6 days: 186 USD
- Sherburne Killington Motel Hotel 1946 Route 4 Killington 20 Rooms
- The Inn Of The Six Mountains Hotel 2617 Killington Road Killington 103 Rooms
- Mendon Mountainview Lodge Hotel 78 US Route 4 Killington 40 Rooms
- Killington Pico Motor Inn Hotel 64 US Route 4 Killington 30 Rooms
- Comfort Inn At Killington Center Hotel 905 Killington Road Killington 66 Rooms
- More Killington Hotels
Know a thing or two about Killington ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red