Whitewater Travel Guide
Whitewater Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Nelson
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1640m
- Ski Season: December to March
- Mountain Range: Selkirk Range in the Kootenays region
- Number of Lifts: 3
- Highest Lift (metres): 2040m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1640m
- Number of Slopes: 38
- Snowboarding: Yes
- Cross Country (km): 18km
Whitewater Ski Information
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort offers the wonder of soaking in warm mineral waters even while snow is falling all around. Here you can soothe your aching limbs and luxuriate in one of natures miracles. Nelson welcomes you with restaurants, hotels, and motels, and provides outdoors adventures from bicycle tours to health and fitness clubs.
- Languages: English French 53 native languages
- Temperatures: Jan - 4
Feb - 12
Mar - 2
Apr - 5
May - 3
Jun. - 8
Jul - 12
Aug - 15
- Driving: Drive on the right hand side of the road.
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 911
- Religion: Catholic (45%), Protestant (36%) and minorities from most of the world's major religions
- Check the weather
Only 20 minutes away is the culturally alive Nelson town, which serves as an apres-ski base for Whitewater, BC.
Whitewater ski area is located 12 miles from Nelson, and has some of the best powder around, as well as a diverse terrain that provides skiing on all levels. With groomed runs, open bowls, chutes, glades and tree skiing, skiers find every challenge they could want, and return again and again to this secret place that has received some bad press, but is well worth visiting.
Know a thing or two about Whitewater ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red