Silver Star Mountain Travel Guide
Silver Star Mountain Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Vernon, B.C.
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1609 meters
- Ski Season: November to April
- Mountain Range: Monashee Mountain Range
- Number of Lifts: 8
- Highest Lift (metres): 1915 meters
- Lowest Lift (metres): 1609 meters
- Number of Slopes: 84
- Snowboarding: Yes, both park and pike, and snow boarding is allowed on all pistes.
- Cross Country (km): 100 kilometers long
Silver Star Mountain Ski Information
If you dont feel like skiing there are various sites, which can visit around the Vernon areas. The Vernon Electric Power House, which was built in 1902 as a steam plant is worth a visit, as well as the Paddle Wheel Park, the Smith House and the Vernon Court House An interesting exhibit is the 18 outdoor Historic Murals, which take you on a journey of Vernons rich heritage.
- Languages: English French.
- Temperatures: June through September has an average temperature of 24°C
October through May has an average temperature of 2°C
- Driving: Drivers drive on the right hand side of the road
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 911
- Population: 34 227
- Religion: 46% Roman Catholic 36% Protestant
- Check the weather
The après ski event varies from week to week, so there is never a dull moment. The Vance Creek Saloon has various entertainments Wednesday to Saturday and Charlies Bar is quieter and a lot cosier for those romantic evenings Long Johns has bar snacks, meals and drinks and is loud and you will enjoy you evening.
The Silver Star Mountain oozes with elegance with its eight hotels, restaurants, shops and its aquatic center. This resort is the fourth largest downhill ski resort in British Columbia, and hosts Canadas National Cross Country Ski Team on an annual basis. The Comprehensive fitness testing and training facility, which is located at in the village, has various facilities such as wax rooms, weight training, physiotherapy and massage therapy that are available to the recreational skier. There are professionally guided snowmobile tours, take the whole family on a sleigh ride, join a dog sledding exhibition, take a swim in the aquatic center. You could enjoy a week or more at the resort and never run out of things to do.
Silver Star Mountain Attractions
Know a thing or two about Silver Star Mountain ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red