Fernie Alpine Travel Guide
Fernie Alpine Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Fernie
- Resort Altitude (metres): 1068m
- Ski Season: December to mid-April
- Mountain Range: Lizard Range, Rocky Mountains
- Number of Lifts: 10
- Highest Lift (metres): 2671m (Vertical: 761m)
- Lowest Lift (metres): 91m (Vertical: 4m)
- Number of Slopes: 102
- Snowboarding: Yes: park and halfpipe A snowboard school is available for those who want to master this activity.
- Cross Country (km): 15km
Fernie Alpine Ski Information
There's a free shuttle service to downtown Fernie, so why not go catch a movie or visit the aquatic centre when you want some change of scenery.
- Languages: English French.
- Temperatures: 2°C
- Driving: Right-hand side driving
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 911
- Population: 5000
- Religion: 42% Roman Catholic 40% Protestant 18% other
- Check the weather
There are several pubs and restaurants at the Fernie Alpine Resort where one can relax after a hard day of skiing. On Wednesday and Saturday nights mom and dad can have so me time to themselves when the kids attend the Kids' Activity Night Other options include the moonlight snowmobile tour which promises to be fun for the whole family.
The Fernie Alpine Resort in the Lizard Range of the Rocky mountains is said to be a must visit in British Columbia. This area is renowned for its amazing amount of snowfall, and the limestone cliffs are more than inviting to any skier. The resort has been awarded a "Top ten Ski Resort in North America-award in recent years.
Fernie Alpine Attractions
Know a thing or two about Fernie Alpine ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red