Fortress Mountain Travel Guide
Fortress Mountain Ski Resort
- Nearest town: Calgary
- Resort Altitude (metres): 2040m
- Ski Season: November to April
- Mountain Range: Alberta Mountains in the Rocky Mountains
- Number of Lifts: 6
- Highest Lift (metres): 2369m
- Lowest Lift (metres): 2040m
- Number of Slopes: 47
- Snowboarding: Yes: park and halfpipe The terrain also have many natural halfpipes.
- Cross Country (km): 100km
Fortress Mountain Ski Information
If you feel like doing something other than skiing, try your hand at ice fishing. If you merely need a change of scenery catch a free shuttle to the nearby Kananaskis Village.
- Languages: English French.
- Temperatures: -6°C
- Driving: Right-hand side driving
- Emergency contact numbers: All Emergencies 911
- Population: 6500
- Religion: 42% Roman Catholic 40% Protestant 18% other
- Check the weather
When one hears that Fortress Mountain is the training ground for the Canadian Freestyle Ski Team then you know you are in for something special. This resort is labelled as" the best value for money" by many, purely because it offers a vast range of exciting skiing opportunities, including some natural halfpipes. Another remarkable aspect of the resort is that it covers two and a half mountain sides.
Fortress Mountain Attractions
Know a thing or two about Fortress Mountain ?
Please share your experiences and tips with your fellow travellers.
Your personal details and email address won't be published.
Fields with an * are required. Errors will be indicated in red