Praia Ipanema Hotel, Rio de Janeiro
Reviews - Praia Ipanema Hotel
Read 211 additional reviews of Praia Ipanema Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Historical Traveller Reviews of Praia Ipanema Hotel
watch your credit card!!from ozziebird
to the previous poster, I wouldnt expect any response from the hotel, they obviously havnt done a thing to protect holidaymakers security of the rooms and who ever is doing the cards is still at large- be safe and dont stay here!
Stay Well Clear Of This Place!!!from crherbert
We thought it was great!from PFMeriden
By English standards, a good 4* hotel. Position ideal, balcony giving beach view and could see Corcovada (balcony on side of hotel). Staff could not have been more helpful or attentive. Free and easily available beach equipment. Great view from roof terrace, roof pool therefore small. Being on the beach road clearly some road noise but what the heck, much better than if one or two blocks back from the beach.
My wife was pleased I had chosen such a good hotel. Recommend to anyone.
A Remarkably Unfriendly Hotelfrom Makanmata
Not bad, not great eitherfrom gramercy
Not the Ritz Carlton, but not priced like it eitherfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Also, the hotel has a room in the basement where you can get towels, beach chairs and umbrellas for the day at no charge.
The staff were smiling, but indifferent - which seems to be normal for Brazil (in my limited experience).
No security problems until the last day, by which time we were too complacent. Our bag was stolen on the beach while we went into the ocean. I think we were surprised that it didn't happen before, given the reputation of the area.
Praia Ipanema - try elsewherefrom eherb
pf the reputation in the Copacabana beaches.
The Praia was acceptable as a hotel -- but the service
was poor and unresponsive. It's not a "grand" hotel.
- If I were visiting again, I'd stay in an equally
priced Capacabana hotel and just be careful.
- One of the real pleasures is a walk on the beach in the 8AM to 10AM period
- Copacabana is busy and safe then IF YOU DON'T CARRY VALAUABLES.
- So check the Copa hotels first.
Balconies lift it to a unique levelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms are big, clean and the location is superb. There is great restaurants and shopping walking back away from the beach, there is great night clubs nearby with no prostitutes unlike Copacabana. We stayed for a week and Ipanema is far less sleazy than Copacabana (only minutes away), this hotel is excellent value. It has a great rooftop pool and bar/cafe with the same great views. I heard many comments from other guests about how good they thought the hotel was.
It’s probably only a 4star hotel decor and facility wise but the balconies just lift it to a unique level.
It is just OKfrom Halfback2006
2. Nice shower in the bathroom
4. Nice View of the beach
5. Nice roof deck
1. You can hear noise from other rooms, including upstairs.
2. You are not allow to bring guests to your room (I'm a single guy, that sucks!)
3. Air conditioning doesn't work properly
4. The slowest elevator I have ever expirienced, sometimes they are just out of service.
5. Slow service (seems to be the case all over the city)
6. Small pool.
I would not stay there again but it is an ok place, I got to meet a couple of other guests and they had similar complains.
Top Local Tips for Rio de Janeiro
Travelling by taxi Travel to and from the airport and to all attractions by the yellow and blue metered taxis. They are safe and relatively cheap. Expect to pay around R$40 to R$50 to travel from the airport to Ipanema. It was around R$25 to get travel from Ipanema to Sugar Loaf and Ipanema to Lapa. Ensure that meter is running and set to the correct rate band.
Getting around Rio Use the yellow and blue taxis to get around Rio and also for your journey to and from the airport. Airport to Ipanema is around R$40. Ipanema to Sugar Loaf is around R$25. Ipanema to Copacabana is around R$10. Taxis are safe. Make sure the meter is switched on and displays the correct rate.
Getting around Rio Take the yellow and blue taxis to and from airport. Also use them for getting around as they are safe and relativley cheap.
Other names for Praia Ipanema Hotel
- praia ipanema rio de janeiro
- praia ipanema hotel
- praia ipanema
- ipanema hotels
- hotel praia ipanema
- Address: 706 Avenida Vieira Souto - Rio de Janeiro - 22420-000 - Brazil
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Praia Ipanema Hotel
- Mar Ipanema Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Leblon Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Caesar Park Ipanema Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Everest Park Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Ipanema Inn Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Marina Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Marina All Suites Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Sheraton Rio Hotel and Towers Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Arpoador Inn Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Mercure Apartments Ipanema Rio De Janeiro Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- South American Copacabana Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Hotel Atlantis Copacabana Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Hotel Portinari Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi