Orla Copacabana Hotel, Rio de Janeiro
Reviews - Orla Copacabana Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 400 additional reviews of Orla Copacabana Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Historical Traveller Reviews of Orla Copacabana Hotel
Combination of beach location, good hotel and low price hard to beatfrom jfoote
Wi-fi is available on the first floor and there are two computers in the business center for a small fee. The 13th floor has a bar, small pool, sunning area and a stunning view of Copacabana beach. The staff was efficient and early check-in and late check-out was managed without a problem. The excellent breakfast, which was included, had eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, bread, fruit, juice, etc.
We toured Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer by taxi, spend time on the beach (world-class), and ate at restaurants in Ipanema. In addition to the guidebook recommendations, we ate at Frontera, Rua Visconde de Piraja 128, which is a new fixed-price or by-the-kilo restaurant. The prices were low and the buffet was excellent.
The Orla exceeded my expectations and proved a great choice for the location, hotel and price.
Came through for me!from AK_Travels_Da_World
I'll start off by saying the hotel really came through for me. When checking out of the hotel headed to GIG to catch a flight back to JFK, in my rush I mistakenly forgot my wallet in a drawer in my room. The hotel staff tried in vain to contact my taxi driver enroute to GIG but to no avail. I realized at the airport 10 mintues before boarding that I forgot my wallet - called the hotel and they confirmed they found it and would put it on the side until I called back with additional instructions.
Although I ended up back in NYC without my wallet, the hotel staff Fedex'ed the wallet back to my using my Fedex account (at my request) and were very honest and accomodating throughout the process. My US$100 Amex gift cheque in my wallet remained as did all my credit cards and other important papers.
Regarding the hotel itself - they have a great location at the beginning Copacabana beach away from the some of sleaze further down the beach and within easy walking distance (2 block) to Ipanema.
The breakfast in the morning is great. The hotel also offers free Wifi in the lobby. The rooms also have free wired Internet and will sell you a Cat 5 ethernet cable for US$5 if you do not have one yourself.
We booked a beach facing room (double) for US$124/night.
All in all, a great stay and a relatively good deal.
unfriendly stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Tiny rooms, rude stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
We found prices too high, compared with similar hotels in Copacabana. The staff is quite unfriendly and uncooperative. The so-called swimming pool at the terrace has only place for two standing persons...
The choice of hotels in Copacabana is too wide to waste your days there.
Great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotel with great staff and location.from JaSun
1. If you are going to book a tour of any kind through the hotel(we did the Football tour and favela tour, both were excellent), call the tour operator directly (most established tour operators speak some english). You will save money because the hotel gets a commision when they book it.
2. Copacabana after dark. There are "ladies" of the night(a kiosk operator on Copa tolds us that they were "hombres" and he did the little pinkie wiggle thing) about a block up from the hotel everynight. Take a cab when going out anywhere!
Great view, tiny roomfrom _Minx
If you have a room with a window facing the extractor fans from the kitchen, ask to be moved straight away or anytime someone orders some room service, you’re going to know about it.
The reception staff were so so, the staff in the kitchen for breakfasts were excellent and really friendly.
If you book tours through the reception, they use the most expensive tour operator they can find for sure, i suggest finding the tour operator yourself.
Good Value for money-deluxe room is worth it!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Copacabana coast line chillinfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We've just come back from a stay in Copacabana. Great location, on the beach front for those sun lovers.
Good access to bus routes, either to the International airport, or downtown Rio. A good 20 min walk to the nearest metro station or about 10 blocks or so. Ipanema a couple of streets away. For airport runs, save R$60.00 by taxi transfer and get a "Real" bus which stops right outside the Hotel. Fare R$5.00 goes to both airports. Every 30 mins or so.
Facilities wise, 1st class rooms. Comfortable as you would expect from a 4 star. Swimming pool, don't be fooled by the generous photos. My bath tub is bigger.
Has Wi-fi if you're bringing a notebook. Good shower, clean and fairly modern room facilties. If you take anything from the minibar and plan or replacing the drinks later, do it before the maid cleans your room everyday. She notes the missing items replenishes the missing drinks and you get billed for it when you check out. If breakfast is included don't expect the works. Adequate at best.
Front desk we found very helpful, and provided not too busy generous with their time and local expertise.
** for jazz lovers check out the modern sound music shop - inside has a cool cafe serving inexpensive snacks, and beers. Live Jazz from 5 - 9 pm, on the corner of R. Santa Clara and R. Ribeiro, about 10 blocks from the hotel **
Top Local Tips for Rio de Janeiro
Orla Copacabana hotel is near Le Boy The hotel is near Le Boy and other Gillies gay bars
Seeing RIO and the surrounding area I used Greyline tours and they were great - picked me up at the hotel each day.
Not as unsafe as people say If you are not going "clubbing" and are just there to see the beach and town, have good meals on or near Copacabana and Ipanema then its fairly safe. So long as you don't dress flashy or wear your bling bling you should be fine. If you travel wisely then don't be afraid of Rio. Be safe, but not afraid. Taxi's are genarlly all around and safe as well.
Other names for Orla Copacabana Hotel
- orla copacabana rio de janeiro
- orla copacabana
- hotel orla copacabana
- Address: 4122 Avenida Atlantica - Rio de Janeiro - 22070 002 - Brazil
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Orla Copacabana Hotel
- Hotel Portinari Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Atlantis Copacabana Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Golden Tulip Regente Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- South American Copacabana Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Miramar Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Mercure Apartments Ipanema Rio De Janeiro Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Arpoador Inn Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Rio Othon Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Copasul Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Augustos Copacabana Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Best Western Sol Ipanema Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Luxor Copacabana Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi