Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel, Cabo Frio
Reviews - Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel
Read 249 additional reviews of Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Cabo Frio
Historical Traveller Reviews of Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel
Good but..........from nddagwood
Awesome Buzious Get-Awayfrom carmodya
Pousada Casas Brancas--Romantic Boutique Hotelfrom BigBrion
Relaxing with a capital Rfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A special thanks to the staff
Fantastic - worth every cent and more!from Nord1
The architecture and quality of the rooms and the pousada is superb - a sure style and good taste, the location of the place being best possible with the most fantastic view.
All facilites were great - from the hotel "lounge style" sitting-room, over restaurant and pool to the excellent spa treatment.
Can recommend this place in every way! Try it - it's not cheap - but it's worth every dollar!
t wait to go back - loved the viewfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Absolutely stunningfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The breakfast buffet is lovely...lots of fruit, cheese and breads, and then your choice of an omelette, fried eggs etc. We ate dinner at the restaurant one evening, and it was one of our best meals in Buzios. The prices are very reasonable in keeping with the rest of the town, and the food and service was top notch. The hot chocolate dessert was especially delicious.
My husband had the Casas Brancas massage at the spa, and loved it. I had a manicure and pedicure but was a little dissappointed...nothing all that special. I would reccommend to stick with the spa services instead of the salon stuff.
The staff was very friendly and everyone at the front desk spoke English. If there was ever a language barrier, an English speaking staff member would quickly appear. I read on an earlier posting about the sewage smell. This is not a problem with the pousada, it is simply the water in Brazil. It is not potable, and as such, there is often an odour associated with the water. It's Brazil people, you have to go with it.
My husband and I found Casas Brancas incredibly romantic, just a 5 minute walk to the main drag...and a short drive in our rented buggy to all of the surrounding beaches. It is a bit pricey, but if you want to feel completely indulgent, it's worth every penny.
Not worth it for the pricefrom MNTravelPro
1. It is not on the beach! In fact, getting to the beach requires a very steep walk down a hill that would be difficult for many older patrons. Amazingly, the pousada does not have its own walkway to the harborfront.
2. The rooms are nice, and some have good views of the harbor. A few problems, though: the bathrooms are cramped, the bathrooms seem designed for very short people, and the air conditioners are loud and largely ineffective. By the way, you will use the air conditioner.
3. A huge problem: the pousada restaurant. It is horrid. My wife had a filet mignon that she specifically requested be medium rare. It was well done. She sent it back, and got another filet -- again, well done. This after the manager came to apologize! The wine list is not good, and our appetizers were disappointing. But at least the restaurant has a nice view.
4. The biggest problem of them all: the staff. This is the first hotel I have stayed in where the staff inspects your room and minibar before you even check out! The housekeeping began stripping our beds and towels from the bathroom before we had left the pousada. Some of the people at the front desk seem to have your typical pretentious attitude usually reserved for uppity establishments, and you don't get the impression that they are genuinely interested in the quality of your stay.
5. One good thing: the spa. A wonderful spa experience, and there is a woman from Argentina who works there who is simply fantastic. If the rest of the pousada had the same attitude as the spa, then I could recommend this establishment.
Overall, Brancas has a beautiful location, but they price is too high, it is nowhere near a beach, and the staff is indifferent. Choose a different pousada -- there are a thousand choices there.
How cool is this?from Tastydogs
However that said, fellow world traveller, I loved this hotel & give the superior rooms (ask for 26) top marks. Roomy, light & airy but best of all amazing views over the bay, next to the pool . My only critique- also amazing views into the shower room from the living area with a clear glass window. Please…. I am middle age Anglo Saxon stock with much modesty & sunburn to hide
Really friendly staff again absolutely top notch & good at antici[pating needs (apart from the misery who wouldn’t post a post card because petty cash had no change for a 5 real note ). And all wonderfully multilingual. The hotel is arguably the best position in Buzios- you can walk to town in 5 minutes but it’s a 15 min walk to the nearest decent beach
Loved it. One of the best
Rustic Chicfrom tws1086
The rest of the resort is very nice. The common areas are very trendy, the breakfast was delicious and the attached spa is top-notch-although I didn't find it cheap as others have posted. $100/hour for a massage seemed on the high side for Brazil. Overall I would highly recommend reserving a deluxe room if you stay here. We saw other rooms and they seemed to be nicer, while keeping their rustic charm. There are other pousadas on the same street with the same views. El Cazar and Villa D'Este are next door and were highly praised by other tourists we met while in Buzios. Despite what must seem like a negative review, the staff is excellent and made up for the disappointments. As long as you know what to expect, you will enjoy your stay at Casas Brancas.
Top Local Tips for Cabo Frio
Rent a Buggy, talk to people, relax You should rent a buggy for a day so that you can explore the area. Also, talk to people who live there to see their perspective of life. It's always nice to see what other parts of the world think and what they feel is important. Also, it's just nice to stay at the hotel and relax a few days there and go to their spa.
Water Taxis Take a tour of the beaches in a water taxi and see the turtles and get a great tan at the same time!
Open-air Pancakes There's an outdoor bar that serves up savoury and sweet panckaes that I would definitely recommend, especially for young couples and families with teenage kids.
Other names for Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel
- casas brancas boutique hotel
- casas brancas boutique
- Address: Ave Bento Ribeiro Dantas 712 - Cabo Frio - Brazil
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Pousada Casas Brancas Hotel
- Martin Pescador Boutique Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Le Relais La Borie Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Pousada Hibiscus Beach Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Pousada Kybalion Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel La Mandragora Pousada Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Pousada Byblos Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel El Cazar Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Othon Pousada La Chimere Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Colonna Beach Othon Travel Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Colonna Park Othon Classic Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Baia do Joao Pousada Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Pousada Le Deauville Hotel Buzios, Brazil Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Leme Othon Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 134 km / 83.2 mi
- Novo Mundo Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 133.6 km / 83 mi
- Plaza Copacabana Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Distance: 134.5 km / 83.5 mi