Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
Read 261 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Milwaukee
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
Basic Hyattfrom avillebud
Basic business stay at the Hyatt Regencyfrom dotdty86
The Hyatt offers standard business hotel fare with moderately sized-rooms, wireless internet and good condition. Surprisingly, there is no in-room coffee although there are free machines on each floor. Room service and restaurants are typical for Hyatt: moderate quality at pretty high prices.
Location is the best feature for the hotel. It is connected by skywalk to the convention center, parking garage, Grand Avenue mall and other downtown venues. It is just across the river from the theater district and a number of restaurants.
On the downside, the actual street-level entrances to the hotel are somewhat dark and foreboding, especially from 3rd or 4th Street. The hotel appearance is very sterile, monochromatic and starting to show its fashion age (about 30 years?). No pool or whirlpool.
Conference facilities are pretty good. Several of the smaller rooms have windows, a welcome sight compared to the usual dark and dreary meeting rooms. If your trip purpose is to work and sleep (as mine was), the hotel is fine.
Stayed for 3 nights, and it was OKfrom spa_lady
Parking is connected to the hotel but is $15/day, and it is not under the Hyatt Mgmt. They were working on the parking garage and parking was limited due to reconstruction.
The Room Service food was mediocre at best, and the Waitstaff was very accommodating. Did not get a chance to dine at Polaris, but I'm sure the view is great. With a small problem, it was ameliorated very quickly with an ammenity of a plate of cookies and beverages and apologies all around.
Stayed on the 14th floor and there was a hint of smoke (either from the sports bar or Lobby area) that waffs all the way up there, and into the room. I'm particularly allergic to smoke so that was my only negative, otherwise the Hyatt is clean and very accessible to the downtown area.
Good stay!from ldymacbeth89
The Sunday Brunch was very good with a wide selection and a chef that made omelettes to order. Service at brunch however seemed slow.
Overall, a good stay and we would return!
Just another basic hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good location, but feeling tiredfrom svicious22
The most distinguishing feature of the hotel is its 18 story atrium which is not the least bit charming. In addition to having a rather sterile and austere feel by design, the hotel is showing its age. The rooms are average sized and the mattress was rock hard. The room was clean except for one water glass that was rather disgusting and should never have been placed in the bathroom. The hotel does not really possess four star amenities, but seems more like a basic three star. Parking charges are very steep for the Milwaukee area-it feels like gouging.
Excellent rates that mitigate most of the above described shortcomings may be available through Priceline on this hotel.
Good choicefrom cgrl
I think this is a good hotel for business travelers but since they don't have a pool or hot tub, I would probably not choose it for my family.
Hyatt has great location, OK rooms, no pool, no whirlpoolfrom pvbooster
It is so strange that the Hyatt has neither a whirlpool or a pool. The fitness room has plenty of equipment but is small. There is perhaps 4 treadmills, 3 recumbent bikes and 2 or 3 ellipticals plus a rack of free weights and a few other machines. However the TV is arranged so that there are only 5 or so machines that can see it. When I was in there, there were at least 5 of us all huddled in the machines in the corner of the room so we could workout and see the TV. The room is too small and not well laid out. The would do well to merge it with another room and add a whirlpool. Just my .02.
There is a coffee machine in each of the hallways, but it's horrible coffee and no real cream.. powdered cream only (no coffee pots in room but there is a hair dryer). They have breakfast served in the atrium in the am but there is also a George Webb across the street which is a Milwaukee tradition so we had to eat there. However with a trainee waitress and cook, it took us about an hour and a half to get our meal and eat.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The atrium and glass elevators are right out of the 70's but all in good shape.
t pay more than discounted ratefrom jatraveler75
1. Rooms - basic, clean room; beds were quite comfortable; small bathroom; bad bathroom products; received complimentary newspaper daily
2. Location - good location downtown; a lot of restaurants within walking distance; also Grand Avenue mall is within 2 blocks; it is safe to walk around in the evening; also the hotel is directly connected to the Midwest Express center via a skywalk that is very convenient
3. Staff - Very friendly and helpful
4. Restaurant food - Don't go to the Pilsner Palace unless you absolutely have to. I recommend trying one of the local restaurants that are closeby instead; Polaris, the revolving restaurant/bar is a nice experience with good drinks (a little overpriced though) but it gives you a nice view of Milwaukee
Overall a nice, basic hotel, but not the quality that I would normally expect from a Hyatt.
great locationfrom boohoomen
Top Local Tips for Milwaukee
Lots of road construction Update your GPS to ensure you get to the Hyatt. Road construction is scheduled to be complete early 2008.
Rock Bottom is Top Shelf Try lunch at the Rock Bottom Grill, about 2 blocks from the hotel. This restaurant is located on the river with beautiful views from both the inside dining room as well as the outdoor tables. Food is excellent - large burgers and sandwiches, huge salads and many other items.
get a room early if going in late June! I went for a conference in late June, but this was also the time for Summerfest, billed as the "world's largest musical festival." If you're not going to Summerfest, but plan to be in Milwaukee, book your room early!
Other names for Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
- milwaukee hyatt regency
- milwaukee hyatt
- hyatt milwaukee
- Address: 333 West Kilbourn Avenue - Milwaukee - Wisconsin - 53203 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Milwaukee Hotel
- Hilton Milwaukee City Center Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Milwaukee City Center Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Residence Inn Milwaukee Dtwn Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Metro Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Pfister Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- County Clare Irish Inn and Pub Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- The Iron Horse Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Village Inn Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Best Western Woods View Inn Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee, Wisconsin Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi