The Madison Concourse Hotel
Reviews - The Madison Concourse Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 264 additional reviews of The Madison Concourse Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Madison
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Madison Concourse Hotel
Great hotelfrom emkjrk
Very Nicefrom bonvoyager
The room was as good as anything I could have asked for in Madison. Two windows with great views of the lake, roomy, nice desk to work at. The only addition that may have been nice was a refrigerator, but the room was fine without it. The hotel has a workout room and a pool. The pool is on the small side for lap swimming but would probably be ok for kids. The workout equipment looked adequate. One of the best features of the hotel was the club on the first floor where there was jazz (not every day but at least on weekends) with no cover charge. The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to the capitol and right off State Street. We had an excellent breakfast at the Marigold Kitchen nearby. The hotel staff was cheerful and accomodating. Our rooms were not in the Governor's Club.
Here for a classfrom earboy
A small ironing board and iron were provided in the closet. A copy of USA Today was hanging on the door every morning.
The hotel provides complimentary Internet access (2 terminals) for guests. The hotel has a shuttle service to the airport and many area UW conference centers. They also seemed willing to shuttle passengers to other sites.
A small swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center is located on the third floor. The hotel is a very short walk to the capitol and some good restaurants and stores on State St.
Although my company paid the tab, I was happy with the room and service.
Nice locationfrom Chuck_Schick
We were also impressed with the level of service and attention that was given to us.
For a club level, we were not overly impressed with the rooms. Average size and not terribly luxurious. Older furnishings. Some mechanical problems with air conditioning. Bathrooms were clean but had not been updated for a while.
The pool was small area was small and unremarkable. Very plain and simple.
Never ate at their restaurants. Room service was above average.
We would stay here again simply because of location. It is right near the capitol. Also a good value. I don't think there are any other exceptional hotels in Madison, so I would pick this one over all others.
We always return to the Concourse . . .from MimiJWisconsin
When you check into the Concourse late on a Friday afternoon, there's definite excitement in the air. The lobby bustles like the grand old hotels of the past.
I would not, however, advise staying anywhere in Madison during a state high school tournament. I'm not talking about the kids. They seemed fine. The coaches were another story.
The Concourse has become a tradition for us.
Madison Concoursefrom JMK921
Nice for the Pricefrom feliciah7
Good enough for a return performancefrom BARFESSER
Our criteria for this trip is based around State Street (Wisconsin only true theme park as we fondly call it).There is something for everyone in the family and enough of it to keep everyone entertained. The hotels location is one of its best assets. Just one block from State Street and the Capitol. Our room was 1411. Clean spacious and well appointed. We had no additional needs which required service so we’re aware of any problems with the staff or in-house services.
The Front desk personnel were attentive, courteous and check-in was quick. The pool is small but nice (on the 14th fl. accessible by room key). The kids played in the pool while Mom and Dad sat in the Whirlpool which is part of the pool (good idea for families). There is a sauna & weight room in the pool area. (I believe there is a video arcade just inside the pool area too but we didn’t use it and you can’t see it while you’re soaking) We didn’t use the restaurants off the main lobby or “The Bar” because we did all our dinning and bar ‘research’ on State Street. After sunset we walked back to the hotel and stopped in the Governor’s Lounge. There is premium beer and top shelf alcohol available along with a hors d’ouevres and desserts all complimentary. We were too tired to stay long so we carried our drinks back to our room.
The morning breakfast buffet in the Lounge is good with a build-your-own bloody-mary bar (too early for me) and the cost of feeding a family of 4 offsets the room rate. The view is very good and if you get there early the family can dine next to a panoramic view of the capitol. We watched the produce venders setting up their stands for the weekly farmers market that surrounds the capitol on Saturdays. After breakfast we toured the stands and collected enough to feed us until supper. We left happy, full and headed west to the House on the Rock Inn. We have reservations for the Concourse again this June of 06. I’ll have an update then.
The two draw backs of this hotel are:
1) Parking isn’t complimentary. It’s an additional $7/ngt even for Governor’s Club Level guests. I would still recommend paying the fee if you’re driving. Most everything is within walking distance and your car doesn’t handle beer well and can't enjoy the taste of cheese.
2) In the evening children are not allowed in the Governor’s Lounge (This is Wisconsin der hey! Where men are men and women are women and the children know which bar stool their folks are at) Oh well – Progress or de-evolution? I can complain because I vote:-)
Save your moneyfrom robpco
good if you get a discount...from melbguy
Top Local Tips for Madison
Madison Overture Center This hotel would make a great weekend get away to see a performance at the Overture Center.
Enjoy!!! Be prepared to enjoy Enjoy ENJOY!!!
Go to the Overture Center! The Overture Center is a beautiful building housing many attractions. Live performances, artwork throughout with its own art gallery, gift shop, restaurant and dance studios. It's a "must see" in my book and attending a performance in any of its venues makes for a lovely evening.
Other names for The Madison Concourse Hotel
- madison concourse hotel and governors
- concourse hotel madison wi
- Address: 1 West Dayton Street - Madison - Wisconsin - 53703 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Madison Concourse Hotel
- Best Western Inn On the Park Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Mansion Hill Inn Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Ruby Marie Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Campus Inn Madison Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Collins House Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Best Western Inntowner and the Highland Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Sheraton Madison Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Madison Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Clarion Suites Central Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 3.6 km / 2.3 mi
- Super 8 Madison Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- AmericInn of Madison South Monona Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Quality Inn and Suites Madison Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Madison Days Inn Hotel Madison, Wisconsin Distance: 7.1 km / 4.4 mi