The Moore Hotel, Seattle
Reviews - The Moore Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 411 additional reviews of The Moore Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Seattle
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Moore Hotel
What a deal!from Raleigh307
Great price, no air-conditioningfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Consider the time of year you will be visiting Seattle. We stayed during one of the hottest days in August and discovered our room had no air-conditioning.
Normally this would not be a problem, simply open a window. However, our room overlooked Second Street and we were blessed with an array of street traffic noise, including cars with loud bass systems as well as ambulances.
Great hotel during cool months, not good during a heat wave.
The Moore Hotel is a treasurefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great little place and fantastic stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Moore Hotel is situated between Stewart and Virginia on 2nd Ave. Just one block from Pike's Place. All other major attractions are within easy reach by foot or via the free downtown metro bus. If you don't have pre-arranged transport, take bus 194 from the airport to Westlake center (2 blocks from Moore Hotel). It's only a 30 minute ride for $1.25. The hotel currently is under renovation but is still open as they fix a few rooms at a time. We were lucky to get the newer ensuite rooms on the 5th floor when we were there on 2 separate occasions - 520 and 500. The renovated rooms look kind of eclectic but are very clean and spacious. Rooms have no air con which can make it quite warm in the summer but you can borrow a small fan from the front desk. Parking is across the hotel for about $10 overnight and is gated at night - I did not have a car but overheard the lady at the front desk. There's more parking on the back of the hotel on 3rd Ave for about the same price. If you don't know your way around, just ask the front desk and they'll tell you or give up tonnes of suggestions on places to go. There's no room service or restaurants in the hotel but there's no lack of restaurants surrounding the hotel. Do take note that restaurants/shops along 1st Ave/Pike Place close around 6 pm on weekdays (not sure about weekends). Shops/restaurants around Westlake Center close much later around 8.30 pm.
I would definately recommend this hotel if you're looking for clean and friendly place to stay without the high downtown prices.
A Great Place at a Great Price!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great budget Motel but Parking???from A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the hotelfrom terrilee
Great for budget-minded travelersfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The front of the hotel looks a little seedy and you will not recognize it from the pictures on the net. Do NOT be put off or run away!!!!
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was huge...barren of decoration, but the bed was comfy. The room and bathroom were clean, so was the hallway.
It is very convenient to most of the attractions. A couple of blocks to Pike Market and the waterfront. Easy walking to other attractions. You can get to Pioneer Square without walking up any hills!!!!
This is a no-frills place - no bellmen, no concierge, no real ambience...but it does have an elevator and friendly employees.
We would definitely stay here again.
great character and stylefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We have never been disappointed. It has always exceeded our expectations.
great comfort, great bargain, great location - just GREAT!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Seattle
Check out the Public Library While it doesn't have the soaring views of the Space Needle or Smith Tower, the library is probably the most distinctive and unique building in Seattle. It's free to wander around, and worth a half hour of exploration (if not a few hours of relative peace and quiet).
Boeing Never again. Very P O O R !!
Lunch or dinner suggestion Walk down to 1st Street and eat at Ipanema Brazillian Grill across the street from the Seattle Art Museum. Great buffet! Even if you aren't a meat eater, they will have plenty for you to choose from.
Other names for The Moore Hotel
- moore hotel seattle
- Address: 1926 Second Avenue - Seattle - Washington - 98101 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Moore Hotel
- Inn at the Market Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Andra Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Mayflower Park Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Max Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Sixth Avenue Inn Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ramada Inn Downtown Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue Seattle Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Paramount Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Roosevelt Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Inn at Harbor Steps Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Edgewater Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi