Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel, Seattle
Reviews - Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 429 additional reviews of Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Seattle
Historical Traveller Reviews of Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel
Glad we stayed here!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Place For a Vacationfrom Brumscot
Large rooms with views over the lake,good for watching the sunset. Hotel facilities and staff first class. Only downside, breakfast, which was free, could be a bit crowded and a free for all.
P.S. a larger toaster would help with the above.
A good choice if in Seattle.
Great Hotelfrom mingo
Great place to stay!from Raggedy Ann 2
Undesirable details are NOT the fault of the hotel. For instance: This is a non-smoking hotel. We opened our 5th floor French doors and smoke blew in from the folks on the 4th floor. We wanted to sit out on the balcony to eat our breakfast, but smokers were out on the balcony in the eating area. Many, many children....which is NOT great if you have already raised yours! Also, if e-mail is important to you, bring your own computer. They have fast internet access available in the room, but the public computer in the lobby is usually tied up.
Good free amenities, but noisyfrom nextvacation
I wish all hotels were this good!from Rocklover
The hotel was in a good location; close enough to downtown that their frequent shuttle service isn't a hassle, yet far enough away from the City that you also have some peace and quiet.
Where else can you wake up overlooking a bustling, yet beautiful lake with sea-planes taking off and landing in the distance?
The hotel was clean, the staff were very professional, polite and accomodating. The room was superb; spotlessly clean and very spacious indeed.
If I ever go back to Seattle (and I hope to) I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Keep up the good work Silver Cloud Lake Union!
Excellent value!from dreamk
Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The LUSC Inn is also minutes away from Broadway, and a different cultural, shopping, and eating experience.
With free parking, shuttle service, free breakfast, decent rates, and a neighborhood (almost) location, this makes a fine location for seeing Seattle.
Very Nicefrom lunchlady31089
Wonderful stay at Silver Cloudfrom NumNovato_CA
Top Local Tips for Seattle
Fun Things to Do in Seattle with a Toddler Having a toddler really limits what we can do no matter where we are, but here's a couple of ideas.. 1) Discovery Park - about a 15-minute drive northwest of Seattle's downtown. It's a wonderfully lush 534-acre natural park with amazing views of Puget Sound and the surrounding mountains. Follow marked trails down the bluff to a beautiful sandy beach on the northwest corner by the lighthouse. Our daughter will tolerate hanging out in the baby backpack for an hour or so if the scenery is interesting enough, so this was a good little hike to do with her. 2) Alki Beach - also about 15 minutes from downtown. There's a nice paved walking/running path along the waterfront and the beach is lovely - perfect for building sand castles. There's a great playground for little guys a block off the main street, called Whale Tail Park and another one for bigger kids at the neighbouring school. The local Tully's offers delicious coffee and comfortable seating with beachfront views.
Seattle Library The library is a great building. The design is fantastic and worth visiting just to see. We loved the video art on the 3 floor escalator.
Experience Music Project and Japanese Garden If you are a musician or fan of music between 1950's to present, you must visit EMP. My husband and son are both guitarists and loved the historical and performance aspects. The "jam" rooms were perfect for these two who were suffering guitar withdrawal since we didn't bring any instruments with us. I loved the exhibits...so much interesting info about the music scene in the northwest and elsewhere, especially enjoyed the Hendrix area and the guitar gallery. We visited three times in our five day stay, so we opted for the $75 family membership. This was a bargain for us, and included a t-shirt and entrance into the Science Fiction Museum (an ok one-time experience). Another highlight of our trip was the Japanese Garden at Washington Park Arboretum. Definitely worth the entrance!
Other names for Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel
- silver cloud hotel lake union
- silver cloud hotel
- Address: 1150 Fairview Avenue North - Seattle - Washington - 98109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union Hotel
- Residence Inn Downtown Lake Union Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Suites Downtown Seattle Center Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Pan Pacfic Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express City Center Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Best Western Loyal Inn Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Travelodge By The Space Needle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- La Quinta Inn Suites Seattle Downtown Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Best Western Executive Inn Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Sixth Avenue Inn Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Conv. Center/Pike Street Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Ramada Inn Downtown Seattle Hotel Seattle, Washington Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi