Kingsmill Resort Hotel, Williamsburg
Reviews - Kingsmill Resort Hotel
Read 351 additional reviews of Kingsmill Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Williamsburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of Kingsmill Resort Hotel
Amazing Stay at the Kingsmill!from A TripAdvisor Member
Bugsmillfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The truth about Kingsmillfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Expensive but Top Knotchfrom mmikey1
The Sports Club was clean and well managed including a state of the art excercise room w/ knowledgable attendants. The locker room, hot tub, sauna, and steam room were also top knotch. We enjoyed the use of the raquetball court too.
We ate at the Eagle restaurant and left hungry after dropping a few hundred bucks. Totally overpriced for the portions you get. I had the lamb chops and of the four they served me two were 1/4" thick. After that, we ate off the resort. Our last day we ate lunch poolside and it was the worst pile of crap I have ever been served anywhere. The guy who runs the consession said he wouldn't charge me but it showed up in the bill anyway.
Overall we enjoyed the stay and were impressed with the accomadations but keep in mind that there is no beach for the price - you are in Williamsburg, VA. We have 3 sons so they enjoyed Busch Gardens & Water Country. We will probably go to an island for the same cost next year.
Very Nicefrom LisaVirga
The grounds were immaculate and the family enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and golf every day. The tennis courts were always available and in excellent condition. Regatta's was "o.k." for a quick bite, but would suggest the resort offer some quick kid fare, such as burgers, hot dogs, and ice cream throughout the day. If you are used to fine dining, you will be disappointed in Eagles. Other than the NY Strip Steak (over 40 bucks) which was "good", the entrees were poorly concieved and over seasoned. It simply doesn't compare with some of the better restaurants we have dined in, and we found the wait staff to be somewhat pretentious (considering what they serving).
Overall, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered, from the front desk to the pro-shop, was friendly and helpful. Sandrika (at reservations) helped me plan my stay and was very patient and informative. If you do not plan to use the facilities (golf, tennis, health club), or want a place to rest while going to the area's attractions, then this is not the place to go. I would suggest staying at one of the hotels nearby and saving some money.
Staff friendly, great brunch, but room very noisy.from A TripAdvisor Member
In total, if all you want is a clean quiet room to get some sleep, try one of the budget hotels down the street.
Beautiful, clean roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A few issues but the overall experience above averagefrom dpkacomputer
we never had to move our car once we parked in the parking lot in front of our room. The breakfast in the ballroom each morning was astronomical!! We enjoyed the service of not having to prepare breakfast or having to go out for fast food. The room was neat and clean but the enterance of the room (the stairwell) was very untidy and had lots of webs and creepy insects!! The A/C unit in the room was very loud and awakened my kids several times during our first night stay; this was the most annoying thing!! From the balcony we had a pretty good view of the James River but there again was those spider webs and other insects which kept us from spending too much time out there!! I was going to report our finding upon check-out but the overall standards and our experience @ Kingsmill was above average; therefore I walked away with a Smile!! I would recommend this resort to family members and friends...
Too much for too littlefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was very pretty but the bathtub was dirty and chipped the carpet had paint stains and there was construction dust all over the closet.
I asked for an ethernet cable and it took 2 hours to receive it.
Overall the place is pretty, the staff is not they do not care
Overpriced, low-quality accomodationsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Williamsburg
A great place for the whole family to eat The Whaling company (located right outside of kingsmill resort) has great food, a fun and family friendly atmosphere and great prices. We really enjoyed our meal there.
Williamsburg Taverns We love to dine at the Colonial Taverns when in Williamsburg. It seems more and more people are also enjoying this. For now on, we will make a reservation well in advance to make sure to get the day and tavern that works best!
Japanese Dining We ate at a Japanese Hibachi Grill named Koyoto Japanese and Sushi Bar. The food was delicious and one of the first dinners we had in a while that was actually good. Expensive. $21.95 for chicken and steak combo. Look for coupons before coming.
Other names for Kingsmill Resort Hotel
- kingsmill resort williamsburg
- kingsmill resort
- kingsmill hotel williamsburg
- Address: 1010 Kingsmill Road - Williamsburg - Virginia - 23185 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Kingsmill Resort Hotel
- Quality Inn at Kingsmill Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Courtyard Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Rodeway Inn and Suites Williams Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Country Inn & Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Days Inn East Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Days Inn Hotel Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Quarterpath Inn Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Lexington George Washington Inn Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Colonial Williamsburg The Williamsburg Lodge Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Econo Lodge Colonial Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Quality Inn Colony Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6 km / 3.8 mi
- Williamsburg Inn Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Colonial Houses Historic Lodging Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Econo Lodge Parkway Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown and Holidome Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.7 km / 4.1 mi