Greensprings Plantation Hotel, Williamsburg
Reviews - Greensprings Plantation Hotel
- Age Group: Under 18
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Disabled
Read 208 additional reviews of Greensprings Plantation Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Williamsburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of Greensprings Plantation Hotel
A Place to Relaxfrom Nomadd22
Fantastic Accomodations!from PhillyGirlTraveler
Great Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Really Nice--hated to leave!from A TripAdvisor Member
Check in was a breeze, we got to Williamsburg 4 hours earlier than expected but we went right to Green Springs and filled out all the paper work and then went sight seeing. After about an hour they called and said that we could get in early because the room was done. Upon inspection of the unit we were very pleased with the size and all that was included: complete kitchen with dishwasher, master bath with whirlpool tub and seperate steam shower, washer and dryer--all very nice and well maintined. On our patio over looking the golf course I noticed that one of the deck boards had popped up over the winter. I called Maintanence and in less than 5 minutes it was fixed. The outdoor pool was out of order, pool pump was being replaced, but it was so cold it really didn't bother us any. The indoor pool is perfect for children, at it's deepest it is only 5 feet, but this gives the parents time to relax in the big indoor jaccuzzi right next to it. They provide activities for children, which includes: basketball, tennis, shuffle borard, put-put golf, etc. You just go up to the activities desk and they give you all of the equipment. What I thought was strange was that all of the activities are free--the equipment and play--except the Put-Put golf. That is $4 a game or $25 for the week for 6 people and really it is nothing spectacular. Out of all the Green Springs has to offer, the golf thing--who cares.
The staff are very friendly and polite as well as eager to help in any way. Oh--one more thing, they do supply dishes but it is really just the basics, one skillet, one lg pot, etc and a setting for 6 I believe, so if you want to do any fancy cooking or really large meals--bring extra pots and pans.
The only other thing I can add is---go there and have a great time!
Had a Terrific Greensprings Weekfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a Joke!!!from masonsmom30
Although this past weekend (march 18 - march 20 2005)
we decided to stay here.
It was a BIG mistake.
When we arrived they explained NOTHING to us.
We then proceded to the woman giving out the parking permits.
She asked us if we were planning to Busch Gardens and we said no, that we were going to Kings Dominion. She replied with an "oh" in a not so happy voice.
We then went to our room which was ok but layed out very strange.
We had barely any utensils or cookware. One pot, one pan.
I thought it very odd to charge us for local calls and no free internet.
Fairfield does offer both.
The second bedroom had to tv.
The kitchen had ANTS!!!!!
We then called down to ask to stay 2 hours later on the day of checkout.
They told us that this was only offered to "Elite" members but they would let us stay until 11:00am.
Then housekeeping showed up before 10 and said they were told we were checking out early.
They told us they were booked up solid and that is why we couldnt stay until noon.
This place is a joke and the people are SNOBS!!
I will tell everyone I know never to go here and to stay at Fairfield @ Kingsgate instead.
When we do finally decide to purchase timeshares it definately won't be here.
Great week for my family at an affordable pricefrom Copilot23
Nothing but the truthfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good spot for a familyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Building 6A - Maintenance Issuesfrom WCT2504
Our unit was located in Building 6A, Unit 66-30A. We found this unit and porch were filthy with dirty furniture, dead insects, spider webs, and food particles. Inside we found more food particles on the dining room carpet, a water damaged kitchen ceiling, cracked floor tiles the entire length of the master bath floor and a broken telephone plug. After complaining to the front desk about possible mold issues, the reservation staff gave us permission to move to Unit 68-32D. Much to our surprise, the 32-D unit and porch were also very dirty with spiders, webs and food particles. We would recommend that a preinspection of all units in Building 6A before you unload your car.
Top Local Tips for Williamsburg
Call First It appears the pools both inside and out have frequent issues, if a pool is important to you, call before you book to make sure it/they is/are up and running.
Use your kitchen If you have accomodations with a kitchen - use it. Meals are expensive in this area especially if you have a large family.
Touring the Plantations You must tour at least one of the plantations on VA5 (or the many others around the area). They are breathtakingly beautiful and filled with tons of history. The tour guides are very informative and well worth the few dollars they charge for admission.
Other names for Greensprings Plantation Hotel
- greensprings plantation williamsburg
- greensprings plantation hotel williamsburg
- greensprings plantation
- Address: 3500 Ludwell Parkway - Williamsburg - Virginia - 23188 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Greensprings Plantation Hotel
- The Historic Powhatan Resort Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Marriott Manor Club Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Williamsburg Plantation Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Westgate Historic Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 7.3 km / 4.5 mi
- SpringHill Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
- Residence Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
- Comfort Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 7.8 km / 4.8 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Williamsburg Richmond Rd Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- The Princess Anne Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
- Comfort Inn Central Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 7 km / 4.4 mi
- Sleep Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi