Governers Inn Hotel, Williamsburg
Reviews - Governers Inn Hotel
Read 222 additional reviews of Governers Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Williamsburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of Governers Inn Hotel
Would stay there againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
OK by mefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Another time, when one of the lightbulbs in my rooms blew out, I phoned the desk to report it, and maintenance was there in under ten minutes to replace the bulb. All in all I found the staff to be very responsive to calls, and helpful to guests. I would definitely go there again.
t be afraid to stay here.from NancyLovesJohn
a bad experience!! August 2004from dagaleaa
Could have been betterfrom J.R. 70
The breakfast was the most positive aspect of the stay.
The touring of the historical sites was good. The 4th of July parade and fife and drums were outstanding
This was a return trip to our honeymoon stay of 40 years ago.
t let the name fool youfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasant Surprisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
A very pleasant surprisefrom AnotherJamaicanSmile
The design of the room was early Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's. The room had been renovated recently and had new carpeting, fresh paint and drapes and the bathroom had a new insert insuring that the bathroom was spotless. The purpose of my trip was not to stay in the room and marvel at the furnishings, but to have a comfortable place to stay after spending all day every day at Colonial Williamsburg and other nearby historic sites. The hotel room was more than adequate for that purpose, the hotel staff was very cordial and went out of their way to be accomodating.
Each morning on the free continental breakfast bar were a choice of juices, donuts, danish, English muffins, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were also available. There was a very pleasant breakfast room, but I chose to have my breakfast by the lovely outdoor pool. The hotel van driver went out of his way to make sure that we were at Cristiana Campbell's in time for our reservation.
In addition, my son's entrance to Williamsburg was free and we had 50% off of any of the extra evening activities that we chose. We also were able to upgrade our tickets to be good through 2005. At $89.00 per night that is a steal in anybody's book. (I even overheard the on site reservation clerk offering a room there at
$79. It is a great place for families and anyone else who enjoys a travel bargain. Yuppie's who are impressed with their own status probably won't be happy there.
My husband and I make just under $200,000 per year. We are not poor, but we don't waste money on unnecessary luxury when clean and comfortable will do. The hotel was clean and my bed was very comfortable and the room was qUIET.
jUST TO BE SURE ASK FOR A RENOVATED ROOM.
s sleep walking distance to Historyfrom carycakes
Not what others have posted. Very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Williamsburg
Package Plans I would definitely suggest going with a package plan. We booked the Governor's Inn (a CW hotel) through the Colonial Willaimsburg web site as well as getting a ticket package. The deal was fantastic plus we were able to attend the evening programs at a discount rate. The reservation and check-in process was seemless. The typical stress of making sure everything was covered was greatly relieved. Plus they will deliver packages from CW to your hotel and charges can be placed on your bill when dining or shopping in CW.
Free Coupon Books for Outlet Malls Make sure you pick up the free guides -- one of them had cupons for free coupon books. We found them after we paid $5 for a coupon book we used at Prime Outlets!
Find a unique momento to mark your trip In Merchants square you will find the regular CW items for sale. There are a couple of exceptions one is the high end jewelry shop across from the Kimball Theatre. The majority of the pieces are designed and made there. The second spot is a fine arts shop that carries pottery, jewelry, art glass, wooden puzzle boxes and other unique finds. The shop is within a shopping arcade within Market Square.
Other names for Governers Inn Hotel
- governors inn williamsburg
- governors hotel williamsburg
- governor inn williamsburg
- Address: 506 North Henry Street - Williamsburg - Virginia - 23185 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Governers Inn Hotel
- Williamsburg Hospitality Hous Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Colonial Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel and Suites Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Country Inn Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Colonial Houses Historic Lodging Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Williamsburg Inn Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Days Inn Downtown Colonial Are Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites - Historic Gateway Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Colonial Williamsburg The Williamsburg Lodge Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hampton Inn Williamsburg Center Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Econo Lodge Parkway Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown and Holidome Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Americas Best Value Inn Historic Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- The Princess Anne Hotel Williamsburg, Virginia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi