English Inn Hotel, Charlottesville
Reviews - English Inn Hotel
Read 280 additional reviews of English Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Charlottesville
Historical Traveller Reviews of English Inn Hotel
little inn with a lot of valuefrom teddydc
Nasty hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good deal with some service problemsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What I liked:
1) Location - off of Rte 29, close to dining and shopping
2) Rooms were clean -- I didn't find any major problems - and I'm a picky person
3) Full hot buffet breakfast for free every morning -- not just continental / cold pastries
4) Reasonable prices (and they offer AAA discounts)
What I disliked:
- The only thing that really bothered me was the service attitude of the front-desk staff and managers. It's not that they were unhelpful, but they don't make eye contact, speak without any enthusiasm when talking to you, and some of the people's tones were just not very pleasant.
Overall, I would still recommend the place, especially if you're just looking for a place to stay, and don't really expect to interact with or ask a lot from the staff.
Family reunion 26 peoplefrom A TripAdvisor Member
s Best Kept Secretfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A three-story property, The English Inn has a unique European exterior and an interior containing lots of dark wood in all common areas. There is a wonderful atmosphere about the place year-round. The rooms are very comfortable.
The staff is friendly and eager to please. The room rates are competitive and often less than what I pay at other hotels.
I have stayed in too many franchised hotel properties to count, all over the southeast. I am always anxious to return to The English Inn where the service,amenities, and value are so much more than what I find elswhere.
Okay, so maybe it's not the English Country Inn it makes itself out to be. However, upon arrival into Charlottesville, my Amtrak Train was 3 hours late and I could not get a taxi. The Amtrak agent said that the inn has a courtesy van. The hotel driver was happy to pick me up. The next day, I had to go to Enterprise to pick up a rental car, however the courtesy van had gone to the airport and would not be back for quite some time. The desk clerk, a very nice (and nice looking!) woman called a taxi and issued a taxi voucher for me. When I had to return to the Amtrak, the van was available and the driver was very helpful about what to visit next time in Charlottesville.
My room was clean and comfortable, the same as any other decent motor hotel. The breakfast was a hot buffet--eggs, potatoes, hot cereal, fruit, etc. Its quality was about the same as any other buffet (I'm not fond of buffet).
This place had about the most courteous staff I've ever encountered and I will definitely be back again.
Great Bed and Breakfastfrom SanAntonioTexasParis
The location is great, a Subway nearby and also Bodos bagels...a wonderful bagel place the locals all eat at. The mall just down the road and even Monticello not to far away.
The rooms were large and kept clean by a very efficient staff. King suites, and king bed rooms with pull out sofas that were comfortable by all reports.
The entire family agrees that it was a great place to hold our Christmas reunion.
Barely Averagefrom stace120
And now the problems:
The staff was extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. They didn't actually do or say anything inappropriate, but it was pretty clear that they do not like their jobs.
The air conditioning in my room did not work and the bedding was worn.
The breakfast was convenient, but terrible. I ate at the hotel the first day, but opted to skip the free food after that.
I will definately choose a different hotel on my next trip to Charlottesville.
found the hotel and staff to be completely pleasantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My daughter just moved to Charlottesville to attend law school at UVA and I would definitely stay here again. A very, very good value.
nothing better than rude employees!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Charlottesville
Great food in Charlottesville! Be sure to visit the local eateries around town. There is some really good food out there!
A nice surprise Wild Greens - Barracks Rd.
Monticello Plan on a few hours...beautiful grounds and very knowledgable staff
Other names for English Inn Hotel
- the english hotel
- english hotel charlottesville
- Address: 2000 Morton Dr - Charlottesville - Virginia - 22903 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near English Inn Hotel
- Comfort Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Cavalier Inn at the University Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 2.7 km / 1.6 mi
- Omni Charlottesville Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- 200 South Street Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- The Boars Head Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Sleep Inn N Stes Charlottesvi Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Charlottesville Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- The Inn at Monticello Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- Comfort Inn Monticello Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 7.2 km / 4.4 mi
- Silver Thatch Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Clifton The Country Inn Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi