Morrison House Hotel, Alexandria
Reviews - Morrison House Hotel
Read 302 additional reviews of Morrison House Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Alexandria
Historical Traveller Reviews of Morrison House Hotel
Better above groundfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Breakfasts are wonderful, as is dinner. It would have been a second remarkable experience if my room was above ground.
t get much better than thisfrom goll
While, as another reviewer noted, it's about a 10-15 minute drive from DC, Old Town Alexandria is so nice, itself, I prefer it to any DC hotels. There are so many nice shops and restaurants in the area that anyone visiting DC should make a point of visiting Old Town whether or not they're staying there. And when you do want to see the DC sights, a reasonably ferry at the end of King Street will take you past the monuments and let you spend the day in Georgetown, coming back whenever you're ready (so long as it's not after the last ferry back has departed, of course).
All in all, my wife and I were thrilled to have discovered the Morrison House last year and were equally thrilled to be back more recently. And neither of us can hardly wait until the next time we have opportunity to visit there again.
Amazing Service - too far from DCfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Room service was great. Also, they don't nickel and dime you for things. I was incredibly impressed. I got in quite late and was looking for a bottle of water. They brought a fancy large glass bottle from their restaurant and did not charge me. They also didn't charge me for one of my room service meals simply because they were out of the kind of bread I preferred.
Even though I loved this hotel, if you are traveling for a vacation in DC I would recommend staying closer to the district. Even though this hotel is incredible, I felt I was too far from DC. The King St metro stop is 9 blocks from the hotel. The DART bus line can take you to the station for one dollar, but still it meant that from the time I left the hotel I wouldn't arrive to most DC destinations for 30 minutes. This also meant that when I left for the day in DC I couldn't really stop back at the hotel for any little thing (a bit inconvenient).
If you are staying in Alexandria for business or to visit friends that live there, then I would highly recommend this hotel.
Great servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The only warning I have about this hotel is that its hard to find. Being a first timer in DC, the George Washington Parkway through Arlington is one of the most confusing roadways I've seen. However, one of the butler was a former Metro bus driver, and gives great directions to anywhere you need to go in DC.
I would definitely stay at MH again.
ve ever had in a hotelfrom atltripper
All in all, it was a great experience (and we also got a great price by booking over an internet website).
We'll stay there again in a flash (if we can afford it).
Fabulous staff--romanticfrom jlmcc13
Warm Welcome, Sincere Staff, Great Place!!from JillWheeler
Very comfortable room, reasonable priced and great location.
One of the best hotel experiences I have every had.from michele7750
t stay anywhere else!from A TripAdvisor Member
I spent a lot of time researching prices and found the best deals available directly from their site at ---------------
Beautiful hotel, incredible service - veyr special!from bezoona
We would definitley recommend this hotel to others and ensure you will have an amazing stay!
Top Local Tips for Alexandria
Great eating La Bergerie has excellent French food, and has a $20 prix fixe lunch and $35 before 6:30pm dinner. Best trout amandine I've had this side of the Atlantic.
Restaurants on King St. The best place to dine in Alexandria -- or in any of the surrounding areas, for that matter -- is Old Town Alexandria. The couple of blocks on King Street closest to the water have more fantastic restaurants than any place else in the Washington, DC metro area. The Wharf (great seafood), Il Porto (very nice Italian), Fish Market (fun evening drinking), 219 (fancy New Orleans creole), King Street Blues (fun cheaper Memphis BBQ near 600 block of King St), Austin Grill (Tex-Mex on 800 block of King St), and the Morrison House's own The Grille (not cheap). No matter what your tastes or budget the 100-200 block of King Street has something for you right there or a short walk away.
Use the Metro Getting around in D.C. is cheaper, faster and easier if you learn to use the Metro. This is the cleanest subway/public transportation I have ever used. If you are going to be there a few days or travel there often, spend the extra money and get a "Smartrip" card. This is a credit card-like pass that you can recharge with funds. Using this card gets you through the turnstiles faster and you don't have to worry about losing the paper fare cards.
Other names for Morrison House Hotel
- morrison hotel kimpton
- Address: 116 S Alfred St - Alexandria - Virginia - 22314 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Morrison House Hotel
- Hotel Monaco Alexandria - a Kimpton Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Alexandria Old Town King Street Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton Alexandria Old Town Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Embassy Suites Olde Towne Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Sheraton Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hampton Inn Alexandria Old Town Area Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Best Western Old Colony Inn Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Budget Host Travelers Motel Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Homestead Studio Suites Hotel Alexandria, Virginia Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Crystal City Hotel Arlington, Virginia Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel Arlington, Virginia Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi