Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
Reviews - Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 390 additional reviews of Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Antonio
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
HOTEL CENTRALLY LOCATED BUT.......from A TripAdvisor Member
Gunter Hotel Dirty and Disorganizedfrom petlady1
Enjoyed Stayfrom Sludgemixer
PS. Highly recommend joining Starwood Reward program.
t stay there againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
On the first day, someone tried to barge into our room. Scared us to death. We asked "Who is it?" but no answer. Since we have the security bar locked, they could not get in. Once they stopped, we looked in the hall and no one was to be seen. We notified security who promptly did a "lock down" and investigation. They found out that it was a maid trying to clean the room, but forgot the 'protocal' to knock first and announce who you are, then repeat.
For our trouble, they offered us free parking and a key to the 12th floor for a free continental breakfast each morning. So we were somewhat satified...but you wonder if their story was true. It's easy to blame a maid. And she was not only very strong for forcing the door so hard, but quick to get her and her cart out of site in a matter of seconds.
The walls are very very thin. You can hear every word of every conversation in the rooms next door as well as the hallways. The doors are heavy, so you hear slamming at all hours of the night.
Breakfast buffet was very expensive and not great. The only thing worth the trip down the elevator is the ommettes.
The bed is very uncomfortable and the pillows are even worse. There were strange floaties flying around the room. Not sure if it was dust or down feathers.
So for the price. You get get much better.
Averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good price, Great Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
A very nice hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The lobby makes you leap back in time, very well preserved... it has a lot of character and makes you feel the "grandeur" of the era.
The rooms were clean overall. I found 1 tiny stain on one of the pillows (I guess im picky) but i just didnt use that pillow and they had extra pillows in the room.
The bathrooms could use a little updating if you compare them to the room itself, but for the age of the hotel, you cant expect big bathrooms. It was just basic. They were clean, but just small.
The staff was very accomodating, I reserved 2 rooms and the internet service I used (Hotwire) assigned King beeds, I needed double beds and they accomodated my request, even thought I asked them right that morning I checked in.
Parking is expensive, 14 a day, but I just stayed for one day, so I paid. You can park around the corner for half of that.
Overall, I would stay there again.
The hotel is quite average.from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Service At Gunterfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I signed up for the Sheraton preferred customer program before checking in--it's free. I was assigned my room preference--a smoke-free room with two double beds. It was a very quiet floor and the beds were soft and comfortable.
I received excellent, polite, and quick service from the desk and from housekeeping. Housekeeping promptly brought us extra coffee when we called it.
I did not use the exercise room or swiming pool, but I did notice a family enjoying the swimming pool and whirlpool on the evening that I arrived.
I didn't use the valet parking at the hotel. Instead I parked overnight on the street. It's free from 6 pm to 8 am, and in the morning, I parked at a lot that charged $3 a day, but no in and out privileges.
Top Local Tips for San Antonio
Riverwalk We enjoyed the Riverwalk but found that some of the best places to eat were not there. Our best meal on the Riverwalk was a lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. It was nice walking around shopping and stopping in different bars at night but eat somewhere else first.
River boat ride It may be cheesy, but I strongly recommend the the river boat ride along the Riverwalk. Lots of fun.
Visit the market in the morning for B-fast Breakfast tacos at Mi Tierra. The waitresses have to wear silly outfits, but the tacos are unbeatable.
Other names for Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
- sheraton san antonio
- san antonio sheraton
- Address: 205 East Houston Street - San Antonio - Texas - 78205 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- San Antonio Riverwalk Drury Inn & Suites Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Watermark Hotel & Spa San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk Downtown Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Riverwalk Vista Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Howard Johnson Plaza Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Menger Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Havana Riverwalk Inn Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Emily Morgan Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Clarion Collection O'Brien Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi