Clarion Hotel Riverwalk, San Antonio
Reviews - Clarion Hotel Riverwalk
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 307 additional reviews of Clarion Hotel Riverwalk at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Antonio
Historical Traveller Reviews of Clarion Hotel Riverwalk
Many nicer hotels for this price, stay at those insteadfrom WorldTraveler000
Roaches checked in but didnt check out, however I did.from edecker1969
Great place to stayfrom pstro5221
dissapointment At El Tropicanofrom cfsnco
Upon leaving breakfast, I approached a hotel manager and related the story. The manager seemed unconcerned by the wait time or lack of staff to attend a breakfast buffet.
Again, On Saturday evening (21 Jul 07) our party of four (6 total) went to diner and were seated promptly. However we waited at least 10 minutes before my mother (80 years old) asked the hostess passing by if we were going to be served water. The hostess stated that she would get a waiter. The waiter came out a few minutes later and stated that he had two other tables in front of us. There was one waiter, one hostess and one buss boy for the entire restaurant.
What we were basically told was that the waiter was busy and we would be served time permitting.
It is a shame that a relatively nice hotel doesn’t’ care enough to try to accommodate it’s guest in an already fully booked hotel and rather than try to extend and expand it’s buffet to a ballroom and keep business in house it would rather let it’s guest take their dining business elsewhere.
The management clearly have never heard of Six Sigma or are prepared to be flexible / innovative.
Over all a good choicefrom KansasDancermom
The hotel was filled with dancers and their families, and the volume of people and the odd times that they need to be fed sometimes overwhelmed the Mango's restaurant.
The breakfast buffet food was good, service was hit and miss.
The coffee bar was handy, and the sandwiches and smoothies
The business center was handy to check e-mails and print boarding passes.
The rooms were adequate with some mechanical problems:
dripping tub, air conditioning unit that blew out lint, and the phone that wouldn't allow us to call another room directly.
There were times that the operator was not available to transfer the calls.
Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well kept.
The bellhops were wonderful!!! They were quick to recommend restaurants on the River walk, call a cab, help with luggage, explain the trolley routes and give directions. They were all friendly and are the hotel's best good will ambassadors.
The hotel is located within a 15 minute walk of the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The trolley stops right out front.
Wouldnt do it againfrom Traveluvly
Pluses outway minuses...from Cliff_on_the_road
I heard good things from my fellow conference attendees about the hotel's restaurants, but I either ate out or enjoyed the in-house conference food. The hotel is located at the north end of the Riverwalk, and it was a very pleasant (and safe) 20-minute stroll along the well lit Riverwalk to get to the heart of the RIverwalk district and tons of restaurants, shops, and bars. The Alamo is only a brisk 10 minute walk away from the hotel.
The hotel's workout facility is superb and if you need more equipment (including a lap pool and sauna) there is a modern YMCA right across the street. Hotel patrons can get a 24-hour pass to the YMCA for only $5.
Neat atmosphere...from eyeamhiphopssole
...Neat exotic animals and a great hotel theme...with a huge movie projector screen above the pool with an outside bar...
Check it out and enjoy!
Not That Badfrom TravelsMyMidleName
Top Local Tips for San Antonio
Not really by the riverwalk The hotel says that it is by the riverwalk. This can be a little misleading. The river boats do not come down that far and there is nothing spectacular about that area. You have to walk a bit to get to where the action is. The tip here would be that if you are visiting a place for its location..ie...Riverwalk, make sure that you ask them what is around the hotel and what are the hot spots and how far are they from the hotel.
Visit in the spring or fall Just returned. Weather was very pleasant although a little cool. Stay away from summer months. Beastly hot with high humidity. Difficult to enjoy the many outdoor activiites.
San Antonio Sights Many wonderful sights and the public transportation is great. The Riverwalk is very attractive and safe. We are happy that we had the opportunity to tour an exciting city, we hope to go back in the near future. Use the public transportation and you won't be disappointed !
Other names for Clarion Hotel Riverwalk
- san antonio holiday inn
- holiday inn san antonio
- el tropicano riverwalk hotel
- el tropicano riverwalk
- Address: 110 Lexington Avenue - San Antonio - Texas - 78205 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Clarion Hotel Riverwalk
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Havana Riverwalk Inn Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Emily Morgan Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Rodeway Inn Downtown Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown Alamo Plaza Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Watermark Hotel & Spa San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- San Antonio Riverwalk Drury Inn & Suites Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Crockett Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Menger Hotel San Antonio, Texas Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi