Hilton Austin Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Austin Hotel
Read 409 additional reviews of Hilton Austin Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Austin
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Austin Hotel
Swanky Jointfrom rcase
Hilton, not so hotfrom trfoster
Not Badfrom eddiefromsuckramento
Sleep Here; Eat, Drink Elsewherefrom AWTSc
The sushi bar at Finn & Porter downstairs is OK, but much too pricey. The food at the Liberty Tavern (I had lunch and dinner there) was overcooked, greasy and over-priced (See a pattern?)
Do yourself a favor and walk the short two blocks to Sixth St. where the dining and drinking opportunities are plentiful, good and - are you ready? - CHEAP.
Great Facilityfrom RaginCajun1
Very nice hotel!from mike1742
Good valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
not for us..from pittysmom
This was a smoking room, which we requested, but I have to say, this room reeked so bad of stale smoke, it was disgusting, and I am a smoker.
It was very gross and overpowering, and the AC did nothing for the air quality.
Nice spacious vanity in bathroom, full size hairdryer was a nice touch, although I usually bring my own cause I have alot of hair to dry! I
Lots of options on the pay per view, all are pricey.
Everything in this hotel is pricey, remember it's a business hotel, not a resort hotel.
which brings me to my number one pet peeve of this hotel, there are no vending machines!!
Now this ticked me off, if I want a coke, I have no choice but to take it from the mini bar in the room at a cost of $2.00 plus the 17% service fee.
If I want a Snickers bar, how convenient it's right there, but it's $2.75 plus 17%.
Now...this is probably acceptable if you're a business traveler with an expense account, but for a normal person like me on a pleasure trip it ticks me off. Not that I can't afford it, it merely ticks me off. I guess I'm just not a Hilton kind of person. I've stayed in Hiltons before this, and they all had vending machines. what's up with this one?
Liberty Tavern Cafe/Restaurant downstairs was good for breakfast, they have a regular menu or an adequate breakfast buffet including your drink for $11.99. Food was pretty good.
In general, a nice hotel, but not our cup of tea.
I'd rather stay somewhere with more perks, and that's not Hilton's thing.
Excellent Hilton facility...just as expectedfrom Rebekajean
Our trip was for pleasure but we brought along the laptop to do a little work and the rooms are well appointed with a work desk and wired. We were greeted most graciously, check in was a breeze, our room was on the 25th floor, which is one of the executive floors, and we parked just outside the door on the street for free all weekend. One block over is the 6th street live music district, wonderful eateries are within walking distance (a wonderful little French cafe is just cattycorner of the hotel) and the weather was so nice that we walked almost everywhere feeling completely safe. The executive floor had a wonderful free breakfast spread in the a.m. and a nice early evening snack (wine and beer is not free) in the early evening.
Although our room overlooked the construction, we were up early so we could get-on-with-the-day, so we weren't really bothered by the light construction noise. All in all it was a very restful, relaxing visit and we do plan to return.
A great place to stay in Austin.from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Austin
Shop till you drop! Fantastic outlets at San Marcos, a short drive away. Seriously--my fiancee is an absolute outlet fiend, and she says it's equalled only by one near NYC, Woodbury Commons. In Austin, eat at Threadgill's on South Congress. Great happy hour at Manuel's, and the bellhop at the Hilton will give you a coupon for a free appetizer if you ask him where to eat Mexican food (and if he says Manuel's, which he did). Take time to see the Texas Capitol, which is just gorgeous and ornate and makes you feel proud to be a Texan--or wish you were one.
early spring with family Great museums and cultural attractions. UT is very interesting. Note that 6th street is very much adults-only and Austin is a big city environment.
Moonshine Restaurant The Moonshine Restaurant is right around the corner from the Hilton. It was fantastic. Great food, great service, good prices. Check it out!
Other names for Hilton Austin Hotel
- hilton hotel austin
- hilton austin
- austin hilton hotel
- austin hilton
- Address: 550 East 4th Street - Austin - Texas - 78701 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Austin Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Austin Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin Austin, Texas Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Driskill Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Omni Austin Hotel Downtown Austin, Texas Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Austin Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Austin Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Wellesley Inn & Suites Town Lake Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Mansion at Judges Hill Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Clarion Inn and Suites Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Austin Southwest at Mopac Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Hawthorn Suites Austin South Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Howard Johnson TX Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- La Quinta Inn Austin I35 S. Ben White Hotel Austin, Texas Distance: 5.9 km / 3.6 mi
- Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark Austin, Texas Distance: 5.7 km / 3.6 mi