The Hotel Preston, Nashville
Reviews - The Hotel Preston
- Age Group:
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Budget Traveller
Read 414 additional reviews of The Hotel Preston at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Nashville
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Hotel Preston
Impressed by the Prestonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Comfy beds, loved Elvis (our fish)from euromonica
1. Beds are super comfortable with great comforters! I asked for a non-feathered one due to allergies and it was changed within ten minutes by the housekeeping staff. Now that's service!
2. The CD player was turned on when we arrived and the place was immaculate.
3. The hotel has black and white photos throughout the lobby and well, it's classy in my opinion. I love them.
4. The karoake night on Sun. nights has some wonderful talent to watch, but beware if you can't sing...this doesn't seem like amatuer night! Great Nashville talent (mostly country songs though).
5. I can't say enough about a place that gives you a fish, lava lamp and crayons and coloring book upon request (for free). If I had kids I think they would have died and gone to heaven. I thought these would be in our room when we arrived, but I was just glad we could get them.
6. I think it's pretty cool that they had a barbeque area near the pool.
7. The price seems right for a place this nice.
8 They also provide a nice robe in the bathroom.
9. Check out was at noon which made me happy since I love sleeping in.
10. I think it is great that they have a shuttle to take you to some of the shopping areas.
The bad/needs improvement
1. I thought the advertisement I saw stated that the hotel had a "gigantic" pool, but when I went it wasn't all that big in my opinion. It looked average to me and the noise was unbearable. First, I kept hearing the air conditioners and then it was even worse when I could hear the traffic. It's not very relaxing between the two. Management/owners could fix this by installing some outdoor speakers with music.
2. The workout room was adequate with a few treadmills, a tv, a stationary bike and one machine to do weights with.
3. The reception guy who checked us in stayed on the phone talking with someone for about half the time during our check in. I thought this to be rather rude, but the lady who followed him later in the night made up for it by being extremely accomodating.
4. Too much construction around the area which can be confusing to people. I got turned around and it took me an extra ten minutes to get there. As you can imagine the views from your window are mostly construction. Not too pretty!
5. I was also surprised as many people stated that the fresh flowers were not in your room as you see on the advertisement. The bamboo tree was nice, but I was hoping to see flowers.
6. There are NO places to eat within walking distance that I saw unless you use their restaurant on site. We found a nice Mexican restaurant down the street when we left. I recommend using this place as the prices are pretty reasonable.
7. Internet users beware, just like Vegas, you have to pay to use the high speed connection here. I think this is sooo bogus since many coffee houses have this for free now. You pay to stay and have perks like the internet and then they try to make a buck! argh!
All and all, I can not say that this hotel is my favorite, but it certainly is one of the most unique hotels I've been to regarding check out of fish, etc. My husband loved it and we both loved the beds so much we slept in till about ten. I would recommend it if you are passing through town and going to Opreland. Rememeber, if you are wanting to see downtown this may not be the place for you as they charge to run the shuttle down there.
What a disappointing experience!from Timandfrank
Like some others, I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THIS HOTEL. In fact, we cancelled reservations at another hotel, because this place sounded so cool!
The member who said it's "an old hotel with a paint job and new beds" hit it right on the head. On first glance, the rooms are beautiful, until you start realizing it's still the same outdated AC system, elevators, etc., that one would find at a 25 year old bargain airport hotel.
We, too, were excited about the pillow selection, goldfish, fresh flowers, etc., that were touted in the advertising, and were disappointed that none of that ever materialized. Like the other member, we got promises from the staff when we inquired, but no actual items ever appeared.
I would go further and say that the staff is downright disinterested in the guest experience. The woman at the front desk when we arrived could not have been less interested in us.
The location is really not good, unless you're looking for something adjacent to the airport. For good restaurants, it was a minimum 20 minute drive at non-peak times. Sitting at the pool is deafening loud from the sound of jackhammers, cranes, and dumptrucks surrounding the property.
The restaurant in the hotel is an average hotel restaurant, with ridiculous pricing. Breakfast for two pushed $35. On our second evening, we followed the suggestion on the in-room card, had dinner downtown, and came back to the hotel for dessert and coffee. When we entered the restaurant and stated that interest, the waitress visibly rolled her eyes, and said, "Well, we have carrot cake and Preston chocolate cake...." When one of us ordered regular coffee and one decaf, the response was, "well I guess I'll have to make two pots". The end of the story was a fiftenn minute wait, and $20 plus tip for two undersized pieces of cake and two cups of coffee....
Hotel Preston is doing a summer promotion for $69 room nights, through Labor Day. This is the only reason I would stay there again. It seems like this hotel has huge potential, but nothing that was promised was delivered.
OK Hotel, With Awful Customer Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was gracious and the food both room service and in the dining room was excellent without being overpriced. We have claimed this as our own personal hiding place when Chattanooga just becomes too much and it doesn't require a seven hour drive or a plane trip. I've never been so compelled to not go enjoy the sights of Nashville! I know several friends have enjoyed stays since we found this gem, but we are still being a little selfish with sharing our secret!
okay for the moneyfrom samira
s really quite finefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotel for the pricefrom kenleywilson
The price was less that $70 per night and it was not a "W" Hotel but it was pretty good. Not very far from Opry Mills but a lot of construction around it. I do suggest!
What a disappointmentfrom A TripAdvisor Member
construction site next door. I will never stay here again.
Mostly, beware of the advertising. The hotel listed on the Internet booking sites that it offered "free shuttle service to area attractions." And it listed downtown Nashville as an "attraction." Since I was looking for a hotel to stay at for New Years Eve, I opted to pay more money for this hotel than several others nearer to downtown because of this shuttle service. I called the hotel and asked them specifically if the free shuttle would go downtown, and the person at the front desk told me it would. But when I arrived to check in, a sign in the lobby said the shuttle service cost $10 per person per trip. With four people in my room, that would be $80 roundtrip. That's hardly free! The free shuttle service, they said then, was only available to people who booked the room through the hotel directly, not on the Internet.
The hotel would not correct its false advertising by giving us free shuttle rides, so we were stuck paying much more than we had planned. I've been in contact with the hotel and they are unable to help fix this problem. Since I have notified them of this error, they have, thankfully, changed on Internet advertisement to say "free shuttle within five-mile radius." But that does me little good because I'm still out the money. Do not stay here.
We loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Nashville
Don't miss the Sunset Grille met a woman living in nashville; she recommended Sunset Grill near Vanderbilt Univ and it was a great find; nice ambiance and very good food. Also, had a very nice dinner at Margots.
gourmet dining F. Scott's restaurant served us one of the best meals I have ever had and the music is fantastic!
Rainforest Cafe is Great Rainforest Cafe & Aquarium Restaurants are fun and good food
Other names for The Hotel Preston
- preston hotel nashville
- Address: 733 Briley Parkway - Nashville - Tennessee - 37217 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Hotel Preston
- Nashville Airport Marriott Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Embassy Suites Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sheraton Music City Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Holiday Inn Select Opryland Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Residence Inn Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Alexis Inn & Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Briley Parkway Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Crossland Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Club House Inn & Suites Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- DoubleTree Guest Suites Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.3 km / 1.5 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Country Inn Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Drury Inn Suites Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville, Tennessee Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi