Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel, Memphis
Reviews - Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Adventurer
Read 275 additional reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Memphis
Historical Traveller Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
Clean and comfortablefrom sahara1
We liked the free internet access in reception too, which allowed us to keep in touch with home and check up on the kids! The hotel is close enough to downtown to walk, or if we didn't fancy walking, the trolley stopped on the block behind the hotel. My husband's only complaint was that the hotel didn't have a bar, but we didn't really spend enough time at the hotel (too busy out and about) for this to be a major problem! Would stay here again if I ever get the chance to return to Memphis.
A great town to visit and not a bad hotel to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
One little bit of advice, it's a nice 10 minute walk to downtown, or a very quick 5 minute trolley ride. But at night if you walk back to the hotel, stick to the main well lit drag. That's just travellers commonsense any way.
I had the best week checking out Beale St, so much to do. Take the free Sun Studio shuttle bus that picks up from downtown and drops you at all the main musical museum. And DO take in Stax, Rock 'n Soul and Sun Studio music museum, they'll blow you away. I'm heading back to Memphis in two years time, this is the kind of place that's well worth a second visit.
Good hotel to stay infrom tetonslover
Fantastic Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis itself is also just amazing, the people are so friendly and we felt totally safe as we walked around both day and night, Beale street, Graceland and Sun records are great but there is a lot more to this city than just music, great museums, zoo and baseball park and of course excellant food all made it one fantastic vacation for us. The friendliness of the locals really made us feel at home. On the downside we found it to be expensive in the shops with most items double the price we would pay in Europe. Go to Memphis and stay in the Comfort inn and you will have a wonderful vacation.
2 Thumbs Up for Comfort Innfrom sbdavis3
Terrible!from A TripAdvisor Member
Not too bad...from swampduck
Great place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Love it and trying to come back.from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Memphis
Hollywood Raiford's Disco If you're looking for a 'different' scene on a Friday night, check out Hollywood Raiford's Disco. We went and had a total blast. Make SURE to take earplugs because the music is deafeningly loud, but the staff and people are a blast. Only beer in 40s is served, but you can bring your own liquor if you want (there is an additional charge in addition to the $10 cover at the door). Two blocks off Beale Street.
Gibson Factory Tour When to go: If you go Monday - Friday before 2:00PM you will be able to see the workers (luthiers) working at their craft. However, inside the factory, it is very noisy and I was able to hear (and I was right in front of him) only about 33 percent of what the tour guide said. On weekend tours, you can hear everything the tour guide says (as you pass by the various work areas of the factory) but you will not see them actually doing the work. Each time has its pros and cons. Just remember, while the workers are there (they leave around 2:30PM) it is VERY noisy.
Panhandlers in Memphis Downtown Memphis has plenty of panhandlers. It is really best to do as the DOZENS OF SIGNS put up by the Memphis City Council tell you to do--donate to a local shelter or soup kitchen and do not give money to the panhandlers. They are "worse" after dark in a square block surrounding Beale Street. They all seemed harmless to me, that is just wanting money with no intent of hurting anyone. If you choose to give to one of them, then if the others see you they will all be asking for theirs (this is what I got for my generosity.)
Other names for Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- memphis comfort inn
- comfort inn memphis
- Address: 100 North Front Street - Memphis - Tennessee - 38103 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- Sleep Inn at Court Square Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- SpringHill Suites Downtown Memphis Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Madison Hotel Memphis Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Peabody Memphis Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Select Downtown Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Talbot Heirs Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Peabody Place Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Best Western Inn Hotel West Memphis, Arkansas Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Holiday Inn West Memphis I55 Hotel West Memphis, Arkansas Distance: 9.7 km / 6 mi
- Econo Lodge Hotel West Memphis, Arkansas Distance: 15.6 km / 9.7 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel West Memphis, Arkansas Distance: 9.8 km / 6.1 mi
- Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 9.9 km / 6.2 mi
- Best Western Executive Inn Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 10.2 km / 6.3 mi
- Holiday Inn University of Memphis Hotel Memphis, Tennessee Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi