Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
Reviews - Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
Read 814 additional reviews of Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Chattanooga
Historical Traveller Reviews of Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
Okay Place to Stay...3 1/2 starsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
1. Dangerous neighborhood: You drive by several liquor stores to get here off of the exit from their directions (the ubiquitous MLK Drive is a few blocks away). Men are hanging around on street corners watching you pull into this place.
2. We stood in priority express line to check in but were bumped because they would take anyone who was next in main line. We waited....
3. Check in person developed an attitude because we wanted our request to stay in bulding 1 (recently renovated). They would not accomodate but they said bulding 2 was renovated 1 1/2 years ago. What a lie, building 2 is a dingy and full of squalor. Not that building 3 or 1 are any better. The whole place is dirty, worn, threadbare etc...
4. No desk or drawers in room, hope your lower back is stretched out since you'll be bending over.
5. Building 2 has no balcony but 3 does. Wonderful view of the lounge's roof not to be missed (how many noisy air conditioners can you put on one roof?)
6. The Jacuzzi in building 2 is being converted to a pond so only building 3 has one which is not hot. Even though it is too cold to swim outdoors it would be nice to keep the pools clean so they don't show so dirty.
7. Don't eat at the Station House. It is too loud and the food is low quality. For instance the cheese trianges have a tiny scrap of cheese and lots of breading. The salad bar is low end. The steaks are a strange brown color like a shoe, very unappetizing. The french fries are some sort of "product" not sure what they were really made of etc... It's bad food. Looked in on other restaurants, the Gardens is best but just do a hamburger, better to eat elsewhere. Ice cream store on premises serves low quality grocery store ice cream. The sweets are similar to a convenience store. There are no magazines sold on the property just newspapers, none of which arrive to your door which they should as priority club.
8. Daugher threw up 4 times on their bed that night. Front desk said other child had also thrown up and went to hospital that night who ate in the Pizza Car. I felt a little guilty about ruining their mattress but when I took the sheets off..eewww!!! there were numerous large stains all over on both sides. So I guess it doesn't matter.
9. At about 4 am I was awake because the beds are so hard. I heard the following: "HALT, POLICE" and then a gunshot right outside my room in building 2. This scared me in the way that makes your heart beat hard and fast. An ambulance siren went off a few minutes later. As a matter of fact another ambulance siren woke my daughter and wife two hours later (they had slept through the gunshot) but this one was very loud. We actually counted over ten ambulance sirens during our 18 hour stay there. Upon inquiry about what had happened we got several stories about an ex-employee, a theft, ... the common thread was that the police were called and someone went to jail.
Conclusion: This property is located in a ghetto. It is so large that anyone could jump over the chain link and wander it freely. I was surprised my car was not broken into. We left that morning and did not go to the acquarium. My advice is to just go into town for the acquarium and leave and go back wherever you came from. If you want to do Lookout Mountain (Rock City, Ruby Falls) they are only good if the weather is good. So you should not plan on staying in Chattanooga. Make is a side stop or a day trip. Get in and out quick to avoid the crime.
A must for everyonefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Cool!from A TripAdvisor Member
Want to come back soon.
Mr. & Mrs. Ralph Johnson
Traveled with kids, had a GREAT time!from A TripAdvisor Member
Had a Great Time!from kappadog
We are big fans!
Would Choose Another Hotelfrom neptune
We were disappointed in the service, mostly. With the exception of the front desk workers, everyone else was less than friendly. Our dinner at the Gardens Restaurant was not good and even though our kids could eat free at that restaurant, we chose not to eat there again. We will stay at another hotel during a future visit to Chattanooga.
t Make Up For Poor Service!from A TripAdvisor Member
This was great because we were going out for dinner. My wife did not know she would be getting: Roses, bath basket, chocolates, a small gift basked, champaign, bath robes, etc. When we returned...STILL NOTHING. I was angry. I called the front desk and explained the situation. I had to hang up I was so angry. I called back in 5 minutes with a solution: Give me the suite at the regular room rate and call it even. The management had a different solution: Bring the 'stuff' HOURS late (and the mood lost). I said, "Bring the 'stuff' if I'm going to be charged for it." They brought the 'stuff'. So I assumed there would be no genuine appology by the hotel. The evening manager I spoke with said, "I'll do the right thing." When I received my rapid checkout bill the next morning, it was for the full amount. I went to the front desk in person to check out. I asked for the general manager. He was unavailable. So I got his name and how to contact him. The desk agent was helpful, listened to my testimony and proceded to give a minimal discount which I did not ask for.
The bottom line: I had to ask for everything I should not have had to ask for. The hotel would be a good place to stay but for the service.
Advice: Make sure you ask for everything upfront and stay on top of the staff.
Not bad, not bad!from benuzair
Never Againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Chattanooga
Go Priceline, Go Orbitz or Hotwire We used priceline which we got for $55/night Wow!! It was a great deal. Also while checking in another gentleman was checking in and used Hotwire. They didn't have a problem changing both of or rooms from doubles to king.
Skip Ruby Falls I would NOT encourage anyone to pay money for the rinky dink ride down the elevator and tour to see Ruby Falls. It's not being kept up and is borderline cheesy now. Children would be bored out of their minds.
Try the Aquarium The Aquarium is great. Try Sticky Fingers for Dinner
Other names for Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
- holiday inn chattanooga choo
- holiday inn chattanooga
- chattanooga holiday inn
- Address: 1400 Market Street - Chattanooga - Tennessee - 37402 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel
- The Chattanoogan Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- La Quinta Inn Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Staybridge Suites Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Chattanooga Marriott Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Sheraton Read House Hotel & Suites Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hampton Inn Downtown Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Econo Lodge Lookout Mountain Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Baymont Inn & Suites Chattanooga Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Lookout Mountain Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Best Western Royal Inn Hotel Chattanooga, Tennessee Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi