Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel, Rapid City
Reviews - Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Rapid City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel
Very clean rooms and friendly staff but watch your door is lockedfrom Coll0465
The location was good and easy to get to. The door on our room had to be slammed in order to shut and once we returned and the maids hadn't slammed it and it was open. Front desk said they would fix the problem but watch that your door is shut when you leave. The only other negative was that when I got home, I noticed they had charged my visa on the date I made the reservations rather than the day we left...still looking into getting that fixed.
All in all it was a good hotel, a little expensive as it was basic, no fridge or microwave in our room and still $130 but most other decent Rapid City hotels seemed pretty expensive too. Our Country Inn & Suite room in Sioux Falls was only $82 for the exact same thing.
Very Nice....But dont plan on using the Slide at Nightfrom CentralNEfamilyof5
Good Hotel But....from A TripAdvisor Member
Great experience especially for kidsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The pool with the big water slide was a big hit with all of us. It was a lot of fun. There were two hot tubs so they were not overly crowded.
The breakfast is the same as you will find at just about any property offering a free breakfast (cereal, toast, waffles, boiled eggs). It was good, and saved us time.
The staff was very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay again. The location was great too, easy to get to Rushmore and Custer State Park.
Nice Hotel for Familiesfrom jbmWyoming
Good Hotelfrom KrisE
Nice but small poolfrom Monpetit
Perfect check in, clean room, very good "driving" informations with small
maps with discribed itinerary...
No penality to have missed one night because as I have phoned they have been able to rent the room(even it was after 4 p.m....very honnest to
Very quite night...
Only moderate point : swimming pool is very small and as there are a lot of children...it's difficult to enjoy it...But we can imagine how it would be nice with children...
Cool breakfast and for a continental breakfast a lot to eat...
So an adress to keep...
Great place to stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
Room was very nice at check-in. We had a one bedroom suite that worked perfectly for our needs. Housekeeping did a nice job with our room. She always came while we were gone, and did a great job.
Kids really enjoyed the water slide. We averaged 2 trips a day to the pool. It was quite cool in the evenings and we were very happy that we had chosen a hotel with an indoor pool. Was a little disappointed in the number of people who let their kids come to pool unattended.
Only one drawback - only 2 washers and 2 dryers (1 set on 1st floor, 1 set on 3rd floor) in hotel. Made for some difficulties in getting a washer when needed late in the evenings. Wouldn't keep me from going back, would just bring more clothes!
Top Local Tips for Rapid City
Next door Couple pretty good chain restaurants walking distance from hotel.. TGF's and Outback Steakhouse... Both seemed popular with locals.
Sylvan Lake We always drive up in the hills to the Sylvan Lake area. If we would have had more time, we would have stayed at the Sylvan Lake Lodge.
Rapid City is not the Black Hills. I would devote only about 2 days at the most to Rapid City. One day for shopping, one day for attractions. If you plan to leave the city and see the Badlands and Wall (practically the same location) allow 1 day just for Badlands and Wall. Rapid City is a grassy plain with smaller rolling hills...contrast that with the forrested Black Hills is about 20-25 miles away. Note that there are many businesses (restaurants, tourist shops) in the Black Hills are Cash/check only (no CC)--and most ATM's in S.Dakota charge $2.50 for a maximum withdrawl per transaction of $100 so plan ahead and bring money with you on your trip.
Other names for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel
- rapid city country inn
- country inn rapid city
- Address: 2321 N LaCrosse St - Rapid City - South Dakota - 57701 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Ramkota Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Microtel Inn & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hampton Inn Rapid City Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Foothills Inn Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Grand Gateway Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Days Inn Rapp Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Dakota Pines Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Avanti Motel Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 3 km / 1.8 mi
- Town House Motel Hotel Rapid City, South Dakota Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi