The Westin Providence Hotel
Reviews - The Westin Providence Hotel
Read 387 additional reviews of The Westin Providence Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Providence
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Providence Hotel
Well below par for a luxury hotelfrom Nataka
A little overpriced/Minor improvements will make it above averagefrom islington3164
Coincidentally, given that I try to stay at Starwood properties, the very first hotel I saw upon entering downtown Providence was the Westin. The hotel has, in my opinion, the best location in Providence, within walking distance of both College Hill and Federal Hill, but also connected to the Providence Place Mall. (Providence is a great town!!) It's a big hotel and was quite active. I was assigned a room on the 24th floor which was the standard Westin type room with the Heavenly Bed, etc., etc.. I was charged $329 for the night, and while Westin's a realiable brand and therefore, the room was very nice, I later found out that I could've stayed at the Courtyard across the street for $129. Obviously, Courtyard's not Westin, but this one night's sleep was certainly not worth the exta $200. For one thing, while the room service food quality was very good (as it is at all Westins), the delivery took in excess of 45 minutes (for soup and a sandwich?). Even worse, I like to sleep with the air conditioning as cold as possible. Unfortunately, the cryptic thermostat, which had a tendency to raise itself up a degree or two, would not go below 72 degrees and as the windows only barely crack open, I woke up in the middle of the night to a very stuffy and warm room. It was not a heavenly sleep, despite the Heavenly bed.
This hotel could really be the best in Providence, if only they'd reconsider the prices just a bit and make the a/c system a bit easier to use. Still, I would stay again.
Could be better for the price!from traveloverNj
Give me a break!!!! Nice hotel, great location, mediocre service!!!
We will wait for the new Renaissance to open next time when we visit!!
Average Hotelfrom Janiekins
Conveinent...but noisyfrom lizzied2003
Beware of false Fire Alarms !!!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Best Option in a City that Needs More Choicesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel offers most guests a free newspaper. It's the local Providence Journal. How about the Wall Street Journal, or even USA Today? Most of the news in the local paper doesn't interest me.
The hotel's main attraction is its location. It's right downtown, connected to the RICC, and next door to the Providence Place Mall. The train station and State Capitol are also within walking distance. Brown University is a mile away, but up a steep hill. Providence needs more good hotels downtown, especially ones that offer free parking. You shouldn't have to stay at one of the motels near the airport to get free parking.
Enjoyed the New Year herefrom TeeCee21
We were very disappointed two years ago with worn out rooms and poor service from the restaurant/front desk staff. It seemed like the place had really gone down hill!
Decided to try again because we love the location and read about the total room renovations. Tried the "Bright Nights" New Year's package. We were pleased. No messed up room reservations, nice furnishings, i.e. the "heavenly" bed/shower, excellent security for the busy evening and very responsive front desk.
No problems with the mini-bar, either. (If you don't want to deal with it, request to have it emptied upon arrival!) We did miss the Library lounge - for some reason it wasn't open. Also, some renovations at the entrance gave patrons less space for valet parking, but other than these minor detractions, I highly recommend the Westin again!
Poorfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Providence
Check out the WaterFire show if you can! If the timing of your trip coincides with one of the Water Fire exhibits, check it out. They make fires in floating "braziers" on the river, and have music. It's really neat! The schedule and more info is available online at http://www.waterfire.org/
Shopping Connected to the Providence Place Mall. Cannot get more much better
federal hill federal hill for dining. Calilles is good but VERY pricey
Other names for The Westin Providence Hotel
- westin providence
- providence westin
- Address: One West Exchange St - Providence - Rhode Island - 2903 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Providence Hotel
- Providence Biltmore Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton Providence Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Providence Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Comfort Inn Providence Hotel Pawtucket, Rhode Island Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Hotel East Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Johnson and Wales Inn Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 6.5 km / 4.1 mi
- Motel 6 Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Seekonk Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 10.9 km / 6.8 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Warwick Apt Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 10.6 km / 6.6 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 11.1 km / 6.9 mi
- Radisson Airport Hotel Providence Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 11.2 km / 7 mi