Hilton Providence Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Providence Hotel
Read 164 additional reviews of Hilton Providence Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Providence
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Providence Hotel
Not to bad at allfrom CT-Travler
The staff was very nice and accomodating. We were checked in rather quickly and a nice man who drives the bus service informed us that if we call the hotel while were out walking around the city they will send the bus out to pick us up. The man told us about all the good places to visit all over the city.
The bathroom was quite small and the maid only put one tiny bottle of a shampoo in a room with 2 double beds. The water also either was extremly hot or extremly cold.
The hotel does have vending machines although there are certain floors such as soda machines on certain floors and food machines on others.
All in all this hotel was fairly good. We were on one of the top floors and were able to look over at the convention center, the downtown skyline, the mall, I-95 and some of the old renovated mill buildings. Try to get a room facing downtown (convention center, dunkin donuts center, mall, etc.) The location is what really helps to sell this place.
You get what you pay for....from A TripAdvisor Member
There were some major renovations while we stayed for one night, but thank goodness they stop on the weekends. There aren't too many hotels to choose from around the area, so it was fine. We weren't intending to stay in the room the whole time. We paid somewhere between $60-$70 for only 1 night, so we really didn't have much to complain about. I'd consider staying there again. But then again, I'm not too familiar with Providence.
I liked it and I would go back!!!from Mike1111
Lived In Providence I pick this when I Visit Good locations safefrom kampswas
ve come to expectfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The desk and housekeeping staff is quite helpful but I found the rooms (yes, plural) quite noisy.
I was first assigned room 1409, sandwiched between the elevator bank and the ice machine. The constant whirring of both drove me nuts so I requested a new room.
After a few minutes, the desk staff reassigned me to room 1400, on the very end, facing Route 95. Despite the distance from street-level, I was able to hear all of the highway and street noise all night. I didn't want to be a pain, so I used earplugs to get some sleep. I was quite surprised that the windows appeared to be single panes without any special noise abatement propeties.
If you choose this hotel, I'd advise requesting a room away from the elevators on the Dunkin Donuts Center side of the building.
Nice, clean, and very affordable!from Scott_in_Philly
We love the Westin, but when that is booked, we always try to get a room here at the Holiday Inn. We used priceline and got a room for $40/night. The rooms are clean, and the location is great. Parking is free if you are a priority club member. It is free to sign up, so I'd definitely recommend this. We were not, but when we checked in, we were told we could sign up right there on the spot, and they would not charge up.
If you are looking for an affordable, clean hotel, this is the place to be!
Stay Awayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Okay, but definitely nowhere near greatfrom santokkie
POSITIVES: On the bright side, my room and bathroom were very clean. The sheets were soft and tidy on the bed (i always check the sheets before I get in!). It was also conveniently located relatively within close walking distance from the Italian village they have in Providence, which was a plus. My smoke-free room did not smell like smoke. I felt safe there.
NEGATIVES: The hotel front desk is not particularly friendly. I don't think they like their jobs very much. Also, when we checked in, there was NO line, yet we somehow ended up waiting close to twenty minutes even though there were several people behind the counter. The only other little detail that I didn't particularly like was the $12 parking fee for use of their garage.
Overall, the hotel is okay. If you're looking for a clean and safe place just to crash for a few nights, this is probably a good choice. But if you're looking for a place with excellent service, food and amenities... this is probably not for you.
Exceptional Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Never Againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Providence
Federal Hill Walk up to Federal Hill for a large selection of Italian restaurants of different price ranges. Also, go to Artini's for a fabulous cocktail!
It's still Providence Not as dangerous as it use to be but you shoudl watch yourself near Kennedy Plaza.
What might help a bit I think a new hotel would be nice
Other names for Hilton Providence Hotel
- providence hilton hotel
- providence hilton
- hilton providence
- hilton hotel providence
- Address: 21 Atwells Ave - Providence - Rhode Island - 2903 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Providence Hotel
- The Westin Providence Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Providence Biltmore Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Marriott Providence Hotel Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Comfort Inn Providence Hotel Pawtucket, Rhode Island Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Hotel East Providence, Rhode Island Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Johnson and Wales Inn Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Motel 6 Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 7.4 km / 4.6 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Warwick Apt Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Hampton Inn Seekonk Hotel Seekonk, Massachusetts Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Radisson Airport Hotel Providence Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 11 km / 6.8 mi