The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
Reviews - The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Pittsburgh
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
disappointing stayfrom Charlie3446
Went Out of their way to Assistfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Hotel is close to most everything worth seeing in Downtown. My one gripe is that if you have a car, expect to pay $20.00 a night for parking.
Great room!from Depplep
The best part was the room. The decor was above average for a ROH room with a comfortable chair and plenty of amenities such as a coffemaker,hairdryer,internet hookup and the best shower head I've ever seen in a hotel.
We would definately stay here again.
OK but not greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
felt like an outsiderfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I decided to have a seat at the bar, order a beer and some munchies while I waited. The bar was busy, but there were available seats. I sat down and picked up a menu, waited at least five minutes for the bartender to acknowledge me -- which he finally did -- as he moved to clean up the area in front of a group of four who had just arrived. He cleaned up their space, took their drink orders and provided them with drinks. He then moved on to fulfill a waitress's request and then got a beer for another customer seated at the bar and moved on to someone else. He never looked in my direction or made any attempt to take either a food or drink order from me. I got up and walked out the door to the restaurant across the street and got my beer and munchies there. I read the paper, took my time, and when I went back to my room housekeeping was still there. I wandered the halls, checked out the business room, wandered the halls some more, went back to my room and it still wasn't finished. After about ten more minutes I could get in there to take a shower -- at about 7:30 pm!!
I went out later that night and arrived back at the hotel at about 4:30 am. I was asked to show my room card before they would let me onto the elevators. I found their request offensive. I'm sure an argument could be made that it was for security purposes, but I had the distinct impression they thought I was there for a paid tryst, so to speak!
Again, the room was nice, the rest of the stay was OK -- nothing grand, just OK -- but these mishaps made me uncomfortable. I should let management know how I feel I suppose.
What goes around...from A TripAdvisor Member
When I queried our waitress one evening at dinner, asking, "Why is every employee we've met demonstrating the definition of 'hospitality," she replied, "We get a lot of big conventions here at the Westin. Your group has been the friendliest & most courteous of any we've hosted. When you're treated with respect it's easy to respond in kind!"
There's a bigger message or two there.
Pittsburgh Problemsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Paying for the name not the service!from A TripAdvisor Member
She rolled her eyes at me when asking questions as if I was bothering her. If you do have to stay here DON'T eat at The Original Fish Market.
They won't split your check and then make you feel guilty when you ask to compromise. Our waitress yelled at a member of our table and double tipped her self by taking all the person's money who paid with cash and never brought change. She didn't refill our drinks either. The only good thing about this hotel was the friendly vallet. He was very kind to me while I was staying there. I was not impressed by this 4 star hotel at all! If you can avoid it!
Enjoyed the Westinfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Simply Heavenlyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
When my wife went to look for ice the nice room attendant took the bucket from her and brought us ice back. She was a delight the entire weekend. We dined for breakfast in the Orchard and loved the buffet option. We ate dinner out and didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but the late evening drink in the Fish Market bar was served quickly by the bartender. Overall it was a fabulous stay at a property that is doing it right.
Top Local Tips for Pittsburgh
Getting Around Skip the rental car and go with shuttles or cabs. All public transportation in the downtown area is free.
Get the shuttle bus to the airport which will cost you $20 while a taxi ride wll be about $40 including tip
Incline Railroad and Washington Heights Take the incline railroad (Duquesne) to Mount Washington. Several very good restaurants there. I recommend the Georgetown Inn for great food and view of downtown Pittsburgh.
Other names for The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
- westin pittsburgh
- westin hotel pittsburgh
- pittsburgh westin
- Address: 1000 Penn Ave - Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania - 15222 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Doubletree Hotel & Suites City Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Omni William Penn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Marriott Pittsburgh City Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Federal Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Priory Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Sheraton Station Square Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pittsburgh South Side Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Wyndham Garden Hotel University Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Select University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Best Western Parkway Center Inn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Liberty Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi