Sheraton Station Square Hotel, Pittsburgh
Reviews - Sheraton Station Square Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Weekend Breaker
Read 332 additional reviews of Sheraton Station Square Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Pittsburgh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Station Square Hotel
A little expensive for what your getfrom Juniperb9
Nice Anniversary Trip!from bassetmomma
Location - Location - Location !!!from mcniecer
Our room had a lovely king-size bed that was just heavenly, we both slept great. The room is pretty much sound proof because you hear nothing from other rooms even in the hall. The entire suite was spotless with plenty of thick soft towels, a hairdryer, and iron/ironing board. On TV you could choose from a list of movies that were still in theaters for an extra charge. You can also choose Nintendo games right from the tv for a charge, one controller is already in the room. We ordered room service for breakfast and were quite disappointed. We both got eggs over easy, bacon, and wheat toast. Our eggs were overcooked, the bacon was burned black and the toast wasn't toasted or buttered. The cost was over $57 for that breakfast so we weren't happy with that. The only other thing that may bother some people is the train that runs every 15-30 minutes outside the hotel. I didn't really notice it much but we were further away from it than some other rooms. If you get a city/river view room, you will hear and see the train. When it was time to check out, we did it on the TV. You can pull your account up on the screen and have it charged to your credit card. All in all I would recommend this hotel for its clean comfortable rooms and the location. We loved it!
A bit over ratedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Love visiting Pittsburghfrom PinnellMom
after x-mas get-awayfrom Dgwood
Once again thank you for all the sent in suggestions and comments. It truly did help us on our trip.
Happy in Colorado
Terrible Hotelfrom blue_Santorini
1. When we arrived, the entry hall smelled like cheap cigarettes with damp mopping clothes.
2. The room was dirty that we found garbage on the floor.
3. The hotel said they provided wireless connection. We had problem usnig the wireless service and the front desk gave us a number of the network carrier and asked us to call directly to solve our problem.
4. We didn't have any food and would like to order some room service. None answered the room service line so we call front desk and they told us since the business is slow, the manager decided to close out early.
5. When we finally got out of the hotel to get something to eat. Young kids drove by yelling at each other and screaming, preassuming under influrence.
Overall, the hotel charged you ~200 bucks for a motel level service and cheap quality. The front desk was not helpful and with certain attitude. (Hello, they didn't hire you to just stand there do nothing.) Oh yeah, as one reviewer mentioned, the train passed by so many time and you can hear each of them. Also you have to add $16 for an overnight parking across the hotel and when we brought our luggage out there's no person in the front desk trying to offer any help. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
Great hotel in a Great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
good/badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very good hotel and great viewfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great views of Pittsburgh from the city-view rooms. Though one word of caution...there is a freight train line just below the city-view rooms. It runs all day and night, and woke us up each of the 2 nights we stayed. If you are a light sleeper, I do not recommend these rooms! They don't warn you about this.
Parking is $16/day at the garage across the street, though there may be cheaper parking elsewhere.
Top Local Tips for Pittsburgh
Have a Very Good Map of Pittsburgh! Pittsburgh is so hilly and so divided by the three rivers that it can be difficult to navigate. Traffic isn't as heavy or rude as in many other cities, but make sure that you have an excellent map of the city, because it seems like it would be easy to get lost there if you don't have your bearings. Also, be aware that if you visit in the winter, many of the streets are very steep, meaning that you should take extra care if there is any precipitation on the streets.
Get a car Wherever you go get a car or take a bus provided by the hotel. They know all the shortcuts and you will get to your destination on time taking a car!!
Ballgame take the boat
Other names for Sheraton Station Square Hotel
- station square pittsburgh pa hotels
- sheraton station square pittsbergh pa
- sheraton station square pittsbergh
- sheraton station square motel
- sheraton station sq hotel pittsbergh
- sheraton pittsburgh
- pittsburgh sheraton
- Address: 300 West Station Square Drive - Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania - 15219 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Station Square Hotel
- Omni William Penn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Doubletree Hotel & Suites City Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Marriott Pittsburgh City Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pittsburgh South Side Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Federal Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Priory Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Western Parkway Center Inn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Wyndham Garden Hotel University Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Sacramento Hotel Sacramento, California Distance: 3530.3 km / 2193.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Select University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Hampton Inn Greentree Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi