Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Reviews - Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
Read 384 additional reviews of Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Pittsburgh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
6 stays later, still a joyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overall condition of the room (paint, furnishings, plumbing, heating/AC), quietness, comfort of the bed, room cleanliness (esp bathroom and linens).
Too often a lobby is spectacular, but the room is mundane. The linens have 'things' in them... The A/C is noisey and keeps me up all night...there is always something.
Well, the Renaissance Pittsburgh is a 10. No one else in the 100-200 dollar a night category has ever gotten a 10 in my book.
Linens-soft, comfy, no 'hotel wash' smell, Clean as home. Room- magnificent condition. Bathrooms all marble and ceramic tile in beautiful condition and spotless. Abundant, large, clean, soft towels. Furniture is nice, colonial, classey and in great condition. A/C and heating is almost transparent in it's perfection. Nice tall room. If you are lucky, you get a room w/ a view of the river and the stadiums across the water. Night views of the golden triangle will please you.
Hotel staff- one of the few that has a staff that is genuinely friendly. Lobby- magnificent- Grandure from a better vanished time still lives here. Architecture- magnificent when you get far enough away to see it as a whole.
Parking- valet service is fast. A little hard to pull up to the front of the hotel due to all the street traffic, but I rarely had to wait to be able to pull up to within a few spaces from the lobby.
A staffer told me of some of the Hotel's past. At one time, next door (now a parking garage) was a twin building of the hotel, that was torn down during the misguided urban renewals of the 60s. Too bad.
In the 70s, the remaining (current) building hosted a disco and club. Things looked shakey, but the gods of classic hotels smiled, and the Renaissance chain has restored the splendor to a hotel that remains for me, my all-time best experience.
great locationfrom tuxgirlc
We ordered room service (very good) twice and had breakfast at OPUS (overpriced). All of the staff were very pleasant. The hotels best feature is its location to both PNC park and HEINZ field. Our short walk to the football stadium was a great introduction to the city.
Very nice hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Absolutely the Best!!!!!!!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotel, EXCEPTfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Renaissance Pittsburgh is THE BEST!from A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Hotelfrom JMA07
Awesome!from A TripAdvisor Member
A Great Hotelfrom Nitanylion
nice placefrom freods
Valet parking was 23. Now, the only downside to the weekend was Opus and Bridges, the lobby bar. Opus is not inexpensive by Pittsburgh standards. 22 to 35 per entree. Salad or soup extra. I thought the waitress we had could have been more professional. I don't think "still working on that, honey" is an appropriate comment at a supposedly upscale restaurant. Frankly, my entree disappointed (it was a special); however my wife's crabcake was the best I had tasted. Also each table had a bottle of flavored olive oil on it, unfortuately ours was sticky with finger prints on it. Breakfast, however, was superb. The lobby bar was somewhat dirty, though the staff was pleasant. Possibly they could spend less time talking and more time wiping the bar and cleaning the glasses. The head would die instantly in the beer glasses. Some details need worked out before I could say the place was outstanding but we still had a great time. I would highly recommend the hotel but not Opus at those prices. There is a place around the corner in the old Roosevelt Hotel called Franco Bravo that I would recommend.
Top Local Tips for Pittsburgh
Driving in Pittsburgh Driving in Pittsburgh can be challenging to say the least. Road names are not always listed. There are several one way streets, a lot of traffic in the downtown area, and the bridges are especially confusing - especially the West End. If you are renting a car, make sure you get exact locations from point A to point B with landmarks and find out which lane you are supposed to be in in advance. The roads are even confusing to locals so don't give up. Just be patient and ignore any rude drivers you may encounter. Most people in Pittsburgh are really nice no matter what Sienna Miller says!!!!!
A Trip to Fallingwater Take a car trip to the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Fallingwater. It is really beautiful.
The parking garage When you don't know the area you just might decide... oh valet the car. The hotel has a 15 loading area right in front. Then just turn the wheel to the left and enter the 5 DOLLAR parking garage instead. 5 bucks for the whole weekend. It took up about 2 minutes to get from the door of the hotel to our car, as we drove away I noticed the people waiting for the 25 dollar valet were still waiting.
Other names for Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
- renaissance pittsburgh
- pittsburgh renaissance
- Address: 107 6th Street - Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania - 15222 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Omni William Penn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Federal Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Doubletree Hotel & Suites City Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Marriott Pittsburgh City Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Priory Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Sheraton Station Square Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pittsburgh South Side Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Wyndham Garden Hotel University Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Best Western Parkway Center Inn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Select University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Hampton Inn Greentree Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi