Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel
Read 213 additional reviews of Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Pittsburgh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel
There is a reason Hilton is selling this propertyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Will Not Returnfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Pittsburgh Hellton... avoid this at all costs.from SoftwareSam
Turns out that "parlor rooms" are really meeting rooms, and you can tell that they are in use constantly for meetings because of excessive wear on the carpets, basins, furniture, etc. These rooms are not and cannot be cleaned to a degree that any traveler would expect.
So I check into the first parlor room. The sofa bed is so FILTHY, it looks like it came from a college fraternity house. I lift up the cushions to pull out the bed, and I immediately see a CHOCOLATE BAR WRAPPER, A HALF-EATEN PRETZEL ROD, several LARGE DARK STAINS, and a lot of other visible dirt. And this is supposed to be my $200/night bed that I confirmed two weeks ago with reservation for late arrival!!!!!!
Then I dig through one the closets to find the bedding for the mattress (they don't do this for you), and the clear plastic bag holding the bedding is covered in some STICKY SLIME. It was absolutely disgusting. I cannot understand how in good conscience Hilton can sell these rooms to customers with guaranteed and confirmed reservations.
The next "parlor" room I was checked into was equally as dirty, and was already occupied by a LARGE FAMILY OF BIG SPIDERS, who had taken up residence in the corners of the ceiling, and had spun webs between the lamps and the walls. The tiles on the floor were filthy, as were the basins in the bathroom.
When I spoke to the hotel manager, I was informed that his hotel routinely overbooks and places guests with confirmed reservations into these parlor rooms. This is an unethical, disgusting, abhorent business practice that Hilton must stop.
Great location, small roomfrom Graciecc
The room was clean and had newer furniture. It was very nicely decorated with nice linens, a down comforter and down pillows. The bathroom was very tiny and had some sort of rubber sheet covering the ceiling - moisture control, perhaps? No hair dryer, which was surprising, but there was a small fridge and a coffee maker.
This was a great location for my purpose (Pirates games at PNC Park, a short 10 minute walk from the hotel.) I parked in a nearby parking garage, which I thought would cost $8 and wound up costing $16. Still better than $24 for the hotel valet.
Elevators were quick, lobby was nice, doorman was friendly, hotel in general was quiet. We did have a few drinks in the hotel bar after the game. Only one waitress was working and it did get busy; service was so-so, drinks were so-so.
Overall, I was pleased with the Hilton and would stay there again.
Great Location, Good Hotelfrom Coastal-Confessions
terrible servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Concierge, Customer Service, where? Not Pittsburgh Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived to the time we left.
We booked on line with hotwire for $84.00 and when we found out where we were staying we were very concerned because of all the negative reviews. But, when we got there we could not have been more pleased with the service, to the room and amenities. We were given room #1233 and when we opened the door we were pleasently surprised. It was a suite with 2 full baths, 2 fullsize beds that were the most comfortable beds ever and a view from our room of downtown Pittsburgh and the river. We also had a seperate sitting area (that was seperated by a wall ) with a sofa 2 endtables and a coffeetable Just can't say enough about this hotel. Our weekend was fantastic. You are close to the subway if you want to go to Station Square or walking distance to all of downtown.
Would stay there again in a minute.
Parking Is a little expensive $21.00 a day.
But there is a parking garage, I believe on penn ave. a block and a half away that is only $5.00 a day on weekends. So drop of your luggage and park there it is only a short walk away.
We gave your reserved room to someone elsefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not What We Were Promisedfrom jsyden4535
On the upside - the furnishings were nice and the bed was VERY comfortable as many have said. The decor was nice. The location is great for games - well within walking distance. But - parking at the hotel is REALLY expensive - about $21.00 per day. If you go around the corner about 1.5 blocks - there is a city garage that was only $5.00 over the weekend! MUCH MUCH Better! Just unload and then park!
Top Local Tips for Pittsburgh
Don't miss.. the Heinz Chapel on the University of Pittsburgh campus. The stained glass is super!
driving under 75miles If you have a rental car and are driving under 75 mils or less but close to 75 miles it is cheaper to let the rental car company fill up the car
Walk the Downtown Area Lots of happening little pubs and restaurants
Other names for Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel
- pittsburgh hilton hotel
- pittsburgh hilton
- hilton pittsburgh
- hilton hotel pittsburgh
- Address: 600 Commonwealth Place Gateway - Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania - 15222 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Pittsburgh Hotel
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Federal Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Sheraton Station Square Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Omni William Penn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Doubletree Hotel & Suites City Center Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Marriott Pittsburgh City Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- The Priory Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pittsburgh South Side Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Best Western Parkway Center Inn Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Wyndham Garden Hotel University Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Select University Center Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi