Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel, Philadelphia
Reviews - Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel
Good Hotel....But for a pricefrom tmarch291
I stayed in a one bedroom suite, which had two queen size beds. The room was nice, I liked the fact that it had two TV's. The room was big enough for our needs (3 adults.) When we arrived the room was clean as a whistle. Hotel staff were helpful by giving good directions. We stayed on a weekend so I can't comment on the evening social. Breakfast was OK, but considering the price we paid for it (free), it was excellent. I paid $154 for the room (with a governement discount) and I paid $32 for one night of parking.
I thought this hotel was a pretty good value for the money, but parking was a bit pricey.
Will definitely stay there again.
Not badfrom se2121
The only downside to this hotel is the concierge, there is none. We asked employees several questions and they could not help. The valet guys tried to help but didn't seem to know the area either. We had to walk next door to the Downtown Marriott which was beautiful.
You are only about 8 blocks away from all the tourist stuff, Liberty Bell and Independance Hall. All are within walking distance. There are some great restaurants around the hotel and City Hall is beautiful at night.
The residence inn is very nice and would stay here again.
Spacious in prime locationfrom MadeinNZ1
This Hotel Has it All!!from SVEND
Breakfast which is included in the room rate, consisted of make your own belgum waffles, eggs, sausage, bisquits, real oatmeal, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, etc. They change it slightly everyday. Monday thru Thursday they have some kind of snack in the early evening. Breakfast was a big plus for us because we didn't have to spend $20 and up on breakfast everyday.
The staff at the Residence in was very professional and pleasant. It is nice to speak to employees who actually like what they do.
The Philly Phlash (purple trolley) stops right in front of the hotel. It is a $1.00 per ride and it stops at all the local attractions or you can pay $3.00 and ride all day.
Two places I have to mention that we really enjoyed, El Vez (hip mexican) great drinks and food. Also The Fountain (real old fashion ice cream parlor), excellent ice cream!
Two nights was not enough time in Philly for us but we still had a great time and would stay again at the Residence Inn!
Fantastic!from A TripAdvisor Member
Clean, Comfortable, and Staff Outstandingfrom Traveler05150927
Flawless stay.from A TripAdvisor Member
Good value and locationfrom MomTravels
However, the room was very clean and staff was very polite and helpful. We had a great view of City Hall (beautifully lit at night) and were happy to be in short walking distance to mass transit and nice restaurants.
The pool area is in the basement and is very small, so I would not recommend it as a feature for those with children who really want to swim. Valet parking (again, staff was very nice) was $32/night.
We received a AAA rate for a one bedroom with separate living room/kitchen. I would probably stay here again.
Some room problems but otherwise greatfrom Ryan.W
Good Choice!from whodking
Check-in was a breeze, given a room on the street side. It was a bit noisy because of the traffic, but the air conditioing system was able to drown out most of the noise. The walls are a bit thin, so I got to hear my neighbor singing..not well I might add!
The room had a nice kitchen, living space, dining table, large bedroom. The place is large enough to entertain if needed. I felt very secure as you must use your room key to access the room floors.
Breakfast was pretty good. They have hot food such as eggs, pancakes, french toast, waffles, potatoes, sausage, oatmeal. They have several juices, milk, coffee, etc. The evening dinners, Monday thru Wednesday, consist of one entree, veggies, corn bread, beer, wine, and soft drinks. This was fair, but what do you expect for free.
The staff was very pleasant. The heater in my room did not work, but was fixed within a few hours of my request. They have just replaced all the mattresses with pillowtop units. The room was extremely clean and nicely appointed. Parking is a bit steep ($32!!), so be prepared.
I'd stay there again without hesitation.
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
where the great food is found Hail a cab and travel to the south end of town around the Italian market area for fantastic, reasonably priced, authentic Italian restaurants.
Don't stay in the residence inn Don't ever stay at the residence inn. It is WAY overpriced compared with all the other hotels in the area and the rooms are terrible. The rooms are old and smoky despite being a smoke-free hotel.
big bus or trolley I had no intention of taking the tour bus but since it came with the City Pass we gave it a try. We got off and on several times during the day and each tour guide was different in style but extremly informative. There is an undelievable amout of artwork around Philly and the tour guides told us more than we could have ever learned elsewhere about this great city. City Pass was a great value. I highly recommend it.
Other names for Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel
- residence inn philadelphia
- philadelphia residence inn
- Address: One East Penn Square - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19107 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Inn at the Union League Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia at The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hampton Inn Convention Center Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Oakwood Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Club Quarters Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Westin Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi