Philadelphia Airport Marriott Hotel
Reviews - Philadelphia Airport Marriott Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Philadelphia Airport Marriott Hotel
d better have some change!from A TripAdvisor Member
Checking in was a nightmare. The man I was having to deal with had a definite elitest attitude problem. At first he could not find the reservation. When he did, he stated loud enough for the entire lobby to hear, that it was done through Travelocity. Found the reservation and then proceeded to ask me how I intended to pay for incidentals and secure phone service to the room. I told him they had the corporate credit card info on file and it would all be covered by that. He asked another man if he knew about it and he said no. Neither bothered to look for the paperwork and signatures and copy of the Amex card. He said I had to pay for things myself. OK. The line's getting longer behind me. I give my VISA card and get my key. Before I turned to go, I asked if he would give me change for a $20 bill. I was informed they do not do that. I was told to walk to the airport and get change there! I walked to my room instead.
When I found it, it was not as nice as one would expect. It smelled, and the bathroom was pathetic for such a high-end hotel.
Since I wasn't quite up to "walking" to the airport to get change for a $20, I realized I couldn't get drinks or snacks from the vending machines, because they didn't give change. So I had to order room service, of which I paid $26 for a small Pizza Hut pizza and two drinks.
My request for a wake-up call was treated in a way that I was concerned I wouldn't be called so I ended up staying awake all night so I could be at the airport at 4:30am. When I did check out, I asked for a receipt, and was told one would be put under my door. Unfortunatedly, I turned in the key because I was at the front desk ready to catch the shuttle bus, not in my room! Never recv'd a receipt. And I'll never stay in any Marriott again. Our company, when they learned of this fiasco, immediately contacted them, and I think we have decided not to make use of their "services" any more. I myself wrote to Marriott and complained, but never received a reply to this day.
Book late pay lotsfrom blackcattelco
Good Hotel.from iflewjetz
Best Soundproof Airpot Hotel in the USfrom silverlinden
In addition, the service totally exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff was not only the friendliest I have encountered, but the associate took the time to walk out from behind the desk and walk me to the elevator. She was more than happy to grant me access to the concierge lounge at no additional charge and to top it off, welcomed me with a Marriott Chocolate Cany Bar!
I will most definately be back! The rooms are clean, comfortable and newly remodeled.
What a joy!
Great welcome, nice hotelfrom CZLAW
Welcome Homefrom KJMANNIX
Clean comfortable quiet room you would never know it was a airport location. Easy access to and from city either by car or rail. I most definitely would stay and recommend this hotel.
Very Good Propertyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel itself is in very good condition, with excellent cleanliness and attention to detail. Even as a Silver Member of Marriott Rewards, I was upgraded to the concierge level, which was a nice touch. My room had a remarkable view of the PHL Airport, which I found to be visually interesting. Despite overlooking the runways, there was virtually no noise as the hotel is very well soundproofed.
The room itself was on the smallish size but very well furnished with high quality materials in good condition. It was very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable, though I was not particularly fond of the smallish pillows that were too soft for our liking.
Our rate included breakfast in the RiverBend restaurant, making it a good value. The breakfast was very, very good. It was buffet style, but with made to order omelettes and waffles which tasted very good. The wait staff was friendly and attentive.
Parking is next door in the Terminal C garage. There is a level dedicated to the Marriott---its impossible to miss and seemed quite safe and cost $12 a night, with easy in and out priviledges. Both the airport and the garage and connected with an indoor pedestrian bridge.
My wife and I wandered over to the airport, but quickly discovered there is nothing accessible outside of security whatsover. The pedestrian bridge actually leaves you right at a security checkpoint, so for those traveling who are able to obtain boarding passes in advance and aren't checking bags, it would be particularly convenient.
This would be a good hotel anywhere, but for an airport property it was particularly impressive.
Not a Good Valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice place parking expensivefrom beachgirl22
Great place for the moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
Priceline bidding Go to Bidding for Travel's website (www.biddingfortravel.com) for intelligence on what to bid on Priceline.
Price book through priceline, you get a much better rate
Don't miss the Liberty Bell History behind reconstruction of the bell that cracked long ago - worth seeing
Other names for Philadelphia Airport Marriott Hotel
- philadelphia marriott
- marriott philadelphia
- Address: 1 Arrivals Road - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19153 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Philadelphia Airport Marriott Hotel
- Microtel Inn and Suites Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Courtyard Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia International Airport Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Renaissance Hotel Philadelphia Airport Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Penn Tower Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 9 km / 5.6 mi
- Inn at Penn Hilton Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 9.4 km / 5.8 mi
- Sheraton University City Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 9.6 km / 5.9 mi
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
- Rittenhouse 1715 Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
- The Radisson Plaza Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 10.2 km / 6.3 mi
- The Latham Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi