Omni Hotel at Independence Park, Philadelphia
Reviews - Omni Hotel at Independence Park
Read 451 additional reviews of Omni Hotel at Independence Park at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Omni Hotel at Independence Park
Room 1211from sbrooks15
Loved the Omnifrom MommyVictoria
Pleasant Surprisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We had wanted to stay at the Four Seasons which is our regular hotel in Philadelphia. Couldn't get the room we wanted. Found this one on Expedia. Wow! We're hooked.
We will be staying here from now on. Plenty of staff to get you cabs, give you detailed directions around the city, etc.
Great room overlooking the park. Even though it was a
Friday night during our check-in you couldn't hear any
noise from the outside. Our room was huge with a large marble bathroom. Everything was sparkling clean. Something that we are extra picky about. We would never
have picked this place on our own; but got lucky and are
glad we did.
Not What You Expectfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the Omni in Independence Park!from A TripAdvisor Member
The location, as mentioned by other reviewers, is perfect. You are across the street from Carpenter's Hall and Signer's Park (among other little museums tucked in there), and you are literally right down the street from Independence Hall (incl. Old City Hall and Congress Hall) and the Liberty Bell. The Independence Visitor Center is just across the street from the Bell, and that's where you'll get all your info and free tickets for the Hall. You are also just on the cusp of the area known as Society Hill, which has beautifully maintained colonial homes and Washington Park (built over the bodies of Rev. War soliders in mass graves and also has the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier). I suggest taking a horse-drawn carriage ride in the evening around Society Hill and the Park. Carriage rides during the day are met with traffic and tourists. Night time rides are quiet, and you can really enjoy the sites and any info the driver may have to share. Plus, the night time temperature is easier on the horse. :o) Everyone wins.
Restaurants/Cafes are in every nook and cranny as you walk the neighborhood, and the concierge is happy to recommend some places. The City Tavern (where many of our forefathers met) is roughly two blocks away from the Omni, and the Philadelphia Seafood Co. is a few blocks East. Keep walking East after dinner, and you'll hit the Delaware River. :o)
Do yourself a favor: book the Omni yourself (after checking out their packages on their website), go to the Independence Visitors Center's website and start mapping out your visit. You won't be sorry!
Good and Badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
One of the two windows in the room opened, it was nice to be able to get fresh air. I don't know however which window was not doing what it was supposed to.
5 Star all the way!from dcaiani
Location was perfect! One block from the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's home, etc. Perfect for the tourist.
The rooms were quite large and very well appointed. Nice furnature, well decorated, good view, and a nice, well "stocked" bathroom.
If I had to complain about something it would have to be the water saving devise in the shower head made for less than ideal water presure. Better pressure and massaging shower head would have made the place near perfect!
loved the Omnifrom A TripAdvisor Member
Seemed Like A 5-Star Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
Visit the Visitor's Center The US Mint does not allow cameras and cell phones so leave them in the room. Independence Hall tour is free but you have to get a ticket at the visitors center ont the same day. Go first thing in the morning 8:30 as they run out of tickets pretty quickly because of all the group tours. Also, the staff at the visitor's center is fantastic. Very helpful and friendly. Stop by there first.
GREAT FOOD Alma de Cuba
quick breakfast Check out the breakfast buffet in the Bourse building opposite Independence Park. They also have a food court for lunch.
Other names for Omni Hotel at Independence Park
- philadelphia omni
- omni philadelphia
- omni hotel philadelphia
- omni hotel independence park
- Address: 401 Chestnut Street - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19106 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Omni Hotel at Independence Park
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Thomas Bond House Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Historic District Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Penn s View Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Alexander Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi