Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Reviews - Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Culture Vulture
Read 681 additional reviews of Loews Philadelphia Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Great hotel for the money-some problems thoughfrom intrigueace
Smart Pick!from viajeelmundo
Staff was always willing and ready to assist with any questions and services. Good location to Center City and the hotel has a good resturant downstairs as well as others within walking distance. I recommend staying at a higher floor for a magnificent view of the city.
Great time!from A TripAdvisor Member
Shinny but NOT nice ...from A TripAdvisor Member
Lovely Loewsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
How Loews MADE our New Year 2004!from loveabuy
3Pm on New Year's Eve. Things were very busy, but moving along
smoothly. Our room on the 7th floor was obviously on the pet-friendly
floor (our request, since we travel with our Lhasa Apso). The other
pooches were quiet, and well-behaved(which is more than we can say for
some of the people we have encountered in other hotels!)
We had a timely, delicious (try the macaroni &
cheese for a pleasant surprise), and reasonably-priced room service
dinner. Then, we watched the spectacular fireworks from the privacy of
The next day we attended the Mummer's Parade, which was truly amazing! The hotel is not located
along the parade route, so it is quiet. However, it is only a two block
walk to Broad Street, and the festivities. We spent some time in
Chinatown (try some bubble tea, and Joseph Poon's Pan-Asian fusion
restaurant for a change of pace), and on the the 33rd floor sipping
wine and taking in the view from the top of Loew's.
We have had many memorable New Year's celebrations (in New Orleans and New York), and
we have to say: "Thank you Loew's for a fun 2004".
Loathing the Loewsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
They pushed a double bed room on me although I had requested a queen, the sound barrier quality of the rooms was horrible. It literally felt like the adjoining rooms occupants were in my room - I could clearly hear their conversations and televisions. And upon checkout I was forced to walk down 29 floors since their elevator call buttons were not working although the front desk assured me everthing was fine with their system. I will never stay here again.
Would stay againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Sucks!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Problems, problems, problems:Noise, smoke, apathyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I foolishly ignored that and went to dinner. Getting back at 10pm the whole room was shaking from the band in a functin room directly above my room. I called the front desk and the first person told me there wasn't a party. Finally I insisted the manager come up who admitted there was a dance and offered to move my room. It was a nuisance to have to move at 10pm and the new room was smaller, didn't have the robe, fruit, nor water. She offered to take some money off my bill but when the bill was put under my door in the morning, it hadn't been corrected. I asked at the front desk and the clerk, obviously annoyed, said she would "try" to reach the manager. I won't go back and wouldn't recommend the hotel.
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
Airport delay nightmares Allow plenty of time for connecting flights and any travel to/from PHL airport. The ground airplane traffic delays are among the worst in the country, the terminals (other than A) are ancient, dirty, and crowded, and the flights are almost always late. I have learned to relax and expect the delays, so I bring a good book. Also if you can afford it join an airport club; the US Airways club is not luxurious but it is what an airport terminal used to be: comfortable, spacious, and quiet.
Full-service Concierge Full-service Concierge
April is a risky time to go Wait a little and visit in June when it warms up. The city is very interesting at street level, but that means walking around. Good weather just makes the whole experience better. Take the double decker bus and sit on the top when it's seventy degrees not fifty! People watch at the outdoor cafes. Check out Main Street in Manayunk when it's pretty and you can stroll, window shop, and be leisurely.
Other names for Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- philadelphia loews
- lowes philadelphia
- loews philadelphia
- loews hotel philadelphia
- Address: 1200 Market Street - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19107 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hampton Inn Convention Center Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Inn at the Union League Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia at The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Alexander Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Oakwood Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Club Quarters Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi