Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel, Philadelphia
Reviews - Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel
Read 274 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel
t waist your timefrom ivoryasic
The restaurant at this present time is under renovation, so they had
several tables set up in the lobby. After getting an extremely greasy
cheesesteak sub, we decided never to eat there again.
We did not get our room service, but the maid conveniently knocked on our door early this morning and asked when we were checking out...I guess that's when you'll get your only room service.
I highly discourage anyone from using this hotel.
Great Location for Sportsfrom FunLuvinGal
The walk to the park was about a block...didn't have to worry about parking which was nice. The pool was fine for an outdoor pool. We were able to watch some of the fireworks from the water, which was also cool.
The main issue I had with this hotel was the breakfast. They claim the kids can eat free. We had the buffet but the kids were not allowed to. They had to choose from a limited menu.
Would I stay here again...if I was attending a sports event in Philly...you bet.
Strictly For Sports Fansfrom taterdickesn
Thats Itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great for a sports fanfrom sanborn1
I read some reviews about unfriendly staff. They were a busy hotel that weekend with every room filled, but the staff was friendly enough and helpful when I needed something. They are renovating the dining area so meals were being served in the sports bar to the left of the lobby. I only ate breakfast at the hotel and it was typical Holiday Inn food. Definitely no bargain meals there.
I read a review about how some people were kept waiting to check in because there were no rooms ready for them and that did happen to me as well. We arrived early and they told me there would be no rooms ready until 3:00 because they were all booked up. We returned at 3:30 and there was several people waiting in the lobby for available rooms. We were told to check back in 15 minutes because they were still cleaning rooms and there weren't any rooms ready yet. They did give us a room when we went back 15 minutes later.
The hotel is an excellent location if you are going to the sports complex or to see a concert. They do allow people to use their parking lot during events and tailgating is allowed. They also had a Red Sox/Phillies party at the hotel pavillion during the Sunday afternoon game, but there were very few people there. The tailgaters were well behaved as well. My room was very quiet with all that going on outside. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, or a spa experience this is not the hotel for you. It is also secluded from the center of Philadelphia as others have posted. If you are there for a sporting event or concert it is a great place to stay!
Best Bet For Sports Fansfrom BHL
Over Ratedfrom jimthestonemaker
Excellent!from A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent if you are going to check out of the sports at one of the stadiums, otherwise, a slight drive to the city. Hotel was of a very high standard and staff were courteous. I would definitely stay again.
rooms are dirty and oldfrom shepsle96
Until we opened our room dorry everything looked great. The room however was terrible. On the psitive side the rooms are very large. However, they are old and dated, despite the claims that the hotel was recently refurbished. Furniture was in need to being discarded. The bath was pretty badly stained and the tiles in need of changing. The big problem came however when we went to go to bed - one of the pillows was absolutely, discusitngly, filthy - it had a huge unwashed stain on it, it could have been light coffee or water, but it could also have been something else! Discusted we asked to change rooms (which as a priority gold elite I felt was only appropriate). This was achieved without any full which was great - they brought a new key to our room.
The second room was exactly the same, minus dirty pillows. Some wallpaper off the wall in the bathroom.
Staff were certainly friendly, no problem getting back to the airport. The rooms however were so terrible is that I would think twice about staying at a holiday inn anywhere in PA again.
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
Tony Lukes Need I say more...Go to Tony Lukes; the best cheesesteaks in the world!! Corner of Front and Oregon
Get a cheesesteak at Geno's in South Philly Rather than eating at the hotel restaurant, we took a short drive into South Philly and had cheesesteaks, birch beer, and cheese fries at Geno's restaurant.
Great Asian food in Philly Along Washington Avenue (in South Philadelp;hia) are a number of Asian malls. Fantastic restaurants catering to an Asian clientele. Food is great and prices are low.
Other names for Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel
- philadelphia holiday inn
- holiday inn philadelphia
- Address: 10th and Packer Avenue - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19148 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Stadium Hotel
- Alexander Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Rittenhouse 1715 Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Park Hyatt Philadelphia at The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- The Radisson Plaza Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- The Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Inn at the Union League Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- The Latham Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Oakwood Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- The Thomas Bond House Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi