Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel, Philadelphia
Reviews - Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
Read 348 additional reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Philadelphia
Historical Traveller Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
Avoid at All Costfrom Corporate_Puppet
overcharges and fake charges!from drpoundsign
I did not PAY yahoo I paid Comfort Inn.
I am disputing over 300 of the amount with my credit card company.
Also, I just got my May credit card statement. There is an additional 123 charge for Comfort Inn on the statement. I am disputing this as well.
Also the breakfast buffet had inadequate seating and selections.
The shuttle to downtown is a great idea but they need to run a second one during the morning rush and not wait until the AM for Gas and repairs.
Still the best, the second time aroundfrom BlueRS
Most expansive complimentary continental breakfast around
Free shuttle to anywhere (pretty much)
Rooms are great
Huge list of amentities
Great service- very helpful
TRAVEL TIP: Try to book your hotel in a package, (ie: Philly Overnight, etc.) because you get free parking with free in-out and sometimes free tickets to events in the area and wonderful coupons. Visit GoPhila(--)for great packages.
Beware the phone chargesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice hotelfrom ProudPatriot2007
The room was pretty nice, and all of our rooms had a view of the river and it wasn't noisy. None of us stayed in the room very much, but from what I understood, no one on the trip had any problems with their rooms. The hotel's TV got very few channels, but we were only in the rooms for a few hours a day to sleep, so this wasn't a problem for us. Since we took a chartered bus, we didn't have to park cars, but my friend's cousin (who lives in Philly) came to visit us, and apparently people who aren't guests can also pay to park in the lot. From what I observed, the parking fee was actually cheaper than several other places in the city. I suggest parking your car and walking or either taking public transportation. Just make sure that you have change for the buses. If you're flying in, you probably shouldn't rent a car either.
A couple of restaurants delivered to the hotel, so two of the nights my roomies and I had pizza and cheesesteaks delivered. It was a much better deal than eating out, and they delivered late into the night. The staff was also very helpful in giving us directions and helping us find which buses to take. We also had one girl travelling with us who is blind, and the hotel provided a fridge for her medicine and made sure that she had priority on the shuttle (she is also in a wheelchair).
The only remote problem I had with the hotel was on our last morning in Philly. That morning, there was no hot water in any of our rooms. We were all ticked off about this, but from what I understood it was beyond the hotel's control, and they gave us back a couple hundred dollars of what the school paid for the hotel (which goes back to us honors kids in the form of other events).
So, if you're going to Philly and want a nice hotel that is convenient, this is a great one to stay at because it's walking distance to lots of attractions and the staff was pretty nice to us.
t stay here.from GreatTravelsSC
Many benefits for low pricefrom eariner
The views across the river were lovely and we walked to the old historic area daily...felt very safe doing this and we are in our 60s. In fact, the only time we moved the car after checkin was for a symphony concert one evening. We walked everywhere else.
On negative side: if you are diabetic, the breakfast will not work for you. Juice, sweet breads, sugar loaded cereal, etc. They did have fruit and coffee also. However, I do know that this is the type of thing that many eat daily, and it is included in the price. We were on a very long east coast trip and needed to save money and this hotel worked perfectly for us. Easy to get to, good parking, and close enough to good sights and restaurants, plus a view. I am sure if you only pay for the expressway side there will be noise from the traffic. We had factored that into the room we reserved.
This is not the Ritz and if anyone expects that, you will be very unhappy. But we felt we got exactly what we paid for.
Good Pricefrom VanTheManLatham_NY
Historic Area Motelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The motel rooms were clean and adequated maintained. Shower spray could not be adjusted.
The breakfast is a typical motel free breakfast with cereals and breads with coffee and juice.
Parking is expensive at $17.50 per day in addition to room rate. Parking was convient.
Penn's Landing is across the street with musem and tours. Good resturant.
Top Local Tips for Philadelphia
Getting around Use the "PHlash". This is easy and cheap. $1 for one person to any of the stops. $10 for a family of four for a all day pass.
Keep shopping and sightseeing separate The historic sites are nearly all close together in the old downtown district and the main shopping area is further West. Taken together the whole area is simply called Centrer City. Take one day for the history and another for the shops.
walking to historic district From the hotel, one can either walk south one block, ascend the stairs, and walk over the highway via Market St. or walk north 1/2 block and cross under the highway via Race St. (a much easier option). Either way, it is a short walk to the subway stop at 2nd and Market.
Other names for Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- philadelphia comfort inn
- comfort inn philadelphia
- comfort inn hotel downtown philadelphia
- comfort inn downtown historic area
- Address: 100 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard - Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - 19106 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- Penn s View Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Historic District Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Thomas Bond House Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Omni Hotel at Independence Park Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Convention Center Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Alexander Inn Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Center City Hotel Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi